Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31+ Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

78 on FH (would have been 47 with no FH so definitely a success), but dropped to 467th.

Could be a difficult weekend, my team is in a worse state than me after last night:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

82 on WC and moved up to 55K. Happy enough but got a couple of calls wrong, knew I should have kept Pope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

red arrow down to 2.4k
    Back to back red arrows for first time since gw9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

km79 wrote: »
    red arrow down to 2.4k
    Back to back red arrows for first time since gw9/10

I got 80 (-8) and red arrows too :( no love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

85pts brings me up to 74k from 134k pre-restart.
    Main rival is 10k. He’ll have Auba next week which I’m still fearful of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

91 points for the second gw on the trot.

Glad I kept faith in Pope.

I wonder will Liverpool keep putting out their best team now.

Chelsea look quite impressive since the restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Was at 3.1k at the start of lockdown, after weeks of 91 points and 70 points I'm now at just over 9k.

Really disheartened, it's hard not to feel all my hard work has been undone by the decision to give everyone unlimited transfers. Have no chips left now either so the last few weeks will be a struggle.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Was at 3.1k at the start of lockdown, after weeks of 91 points and 70 points I'm now at just over 9k.

Really disheartened, it's hard not to feel all my hard work has been undone by the decision to give everyone unlimited transfers. Have no chips left now either so the last few weeks will be a struggle.
    That’s interesting
    I got 89 and 77 and “only” fell back from 1k to 2.4k
    Granted that’s still more than double my rank of a fall back but still
    No chips left
    Not happy with my team for this week but can’t do anything
    And getting reeled in in one of two main money leagues and another league that has a great prize for first only
    I was 60/70/80 ahead in 3 main leagues
    Have held the first one at 60

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That’s interesting
    I got 89 and 77 and “only” fell back from 1k to 2.4k
    Granted that’s still more than double my rank of a fall back but still
    No chips left
    Not happy with my team for this week but can’t do anything
    And getting reeled in in one of two main money leagues and another league that has a great prize for first only
    I was 60/70/80 ahead in 3 main leagues
    Have held the first one at 60

How many points are you on?

My only consolation is that I think it is very tight points wise at the top atm

ScummyMan wrote: »
    How many points are you on?

My only consolation is that I think it is very tight points wise at the top atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Tis fair tight, I'm ranked at 28k and I'm 69 points behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Would be interesting to know how scores generally worked out across the strategies of the last two weeks. I've seen some huge scores (e.g. 224) off a BB/WC strategy.

I got 176 off FH/No Chip and have been completely destroyed in a few leagues, and I'm by no means the worst. The leader of a few leagues I'm in got 143 from BB/No Chip and I guess he's going to lose an eye-watering amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

71pts drops me to 13k

175pts for the two GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

BB + FH got me 241 over the last two GWs. I had everything lined up to beat my rival in a paid league pre-lockdown and I was sure that the free transfers would let him off the hook but I've managed to put 100 points on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

194 for the BB and FH strategy for me.

A slightly disappointing BB (104) but have to be happy with my FH (90), relative to other scores.

Stategy is to ride this week out with the Unlimited Transfers team and then WC in 33. We'll see how that goes, my team is not looking very strong for this week, but I'm thinking we'll see low scores this week.

Morzadec wrote: »

A slightly disappointing BB (104) but have to be happy with my FH (90), relative to other scores.

Stategy is to ride this week out with the Unlimited Transfers team and then WC in 33. We'll see how that goes, my team is not looking very strong for this week, but I'm thinking we'll see low scores this week.

I was very fearful of facing a lot of FH/WC teams this week
    But I hadn’t considered that many teams have cup games before their FpL games
    Not a good week for people to play any chip imo

I’ve decided I’m going to ride it out too either without any transfer or by downgrading Grealish to a 4.3/4.4 to save the .1 he is going to drop tonight
    I will be selling him next week for that player anyway
    BUT
    I’ve been caught like this before so may be best just to swallow the .1 drop and keep him in reserve this weekend just in case
    Can’t see anything other than a two pointer for him though
    His likely replacement is Hayden who is yellow flagged .......
    However if Rashford was to get injured then it would change my transfer plans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

220 for me with BB and WC.

HEWT obviously but Pope did some damage last night in money leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

203 on BB and WC here. Caught up in a few leagues and extended my lead in others but still a good bit behind in my main money league with FH left for GW38

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

177 for me from FH last gw and 1 transfer this week. Frustrating thing for me is my FH team yielded the same points as my original team. Had to play FH due to unlimited transfers for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

190 for the two game weeks, used WC for GW31+

Saw me rise from 46k to 28k in those two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Adding up I got 213 for the two weeks. Some amazing scores here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

177 for me for a BB and WC week - Stupidly went one more Newc player (saint max) than a Wolves (Traore) literally changed that 2 mins before the deadline knowing Traore wouldn't play the whole game.

In my money league I'm a point behind the new leader, having led the league since a few weeks pre covid.

All very tight and going to come down to a lot of luck - He has WC and I have BB left...

Think I'm going to keep my transfer this week and hope to not lose much ground.

Edit - Just to say I'm seriously thinking dumping all liverpool and city players ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

213 from BB and FH.

Planning on using WC in GW33.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

205 from BB & WC... OR from 56k to 24k. FH still to play

claw wrote: »
    Adding up I got 213 for the two weeks. Some amazing scores here!

With yours being one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

With yours being one of them!

I am very happy I found this thread. I've been suffering pain from FPL for years now without anyone really to relate to bar few people from work.

This thread is like me x 100 but much higher FPL scores and better teams being reported :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Morzadec wrote: »

We did the exact same thing and I had planned as you had but decided to wildcard tonight and I would encourage it if I were you.

A strong team for this week lines up pretty well thereafter imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I got 181 from FH in 30+ and a hit in 31+. Since the restart I've gained 900 places to 13k so solid enough.

85 and 65 points in the last two weeks.

I didn’t have the cheat code that FPL gave everyone so have dropped back from 7k to 22k overall.

Delighted I’ve wasted the previous 7 months (before covid) wasting my time. I didn’t know FPL were going to change the rules mid competition.

I know I’m boring and I know I keep banging that drum but they have ruined the game for this season.

In the past I’ve worked hard to overcome a 60-80 point deficit. I’ve looked at it as making 4-5 points a week over 10-12 weeks. Now people have made 80-100 points over 2 gameweeks. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McBain11

85 and 65 points in the last two weeks.

I didn’t have the cheat code that FPL gave everyone so have dropped back from 7k to 22k overall.

Delighted I’ve wasted the previous 7 months (before covid) wasting my time. I didn’t know FPL were going to change the rules mid competition.

I know I’m boring and I know I keep banging that drum but they have ruined the game for this season.

In the past I’ve worked hard to overcome a 60-80 point deficit. I’ve looked at it as making 4-5 points a week over 10-12 weeks. Now people have made 80-100 points over 2 gameweeks. Ridiculous.

It is genuinely laughable. I was top 100k and doing ok ish in lots of leagues, probably wasn't going to make any if much money from them, but stranger things have happened.

The minute FPL gave unlimited free transfers on the restart plus the use of the Bench boost, my season was over. It was scandalous. The only option more laughable would have been a monster gw38 allowing people to bench boost and pick up possibly 200 points extra with no thought or planning at all.

As I was saying, I was hardly going to make waves from 100k OR anyway, I only had the FH left out of the chips, but the actual credibility of the game is less than zero now. It really has been a complete and utter nonsense these past few months.

As for h2h leagues, has there ever been feedback from FPL towers on why the game wasn't just paused back in March? I'm guessing it's still complete silence in that regard? The way they completed those leagues with 0-0 draws was a sight to behold.

Advertisement