Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio issues when making screen capture videos

Options
  • 23-06-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am a secondary school teacher and for the last number of months have made various different educational videos using the screen capture software loom, which i have found generally good except for the quality of the audio, which has not been the best.

I am therefore wondering if its the software I am using (is there a better one than Loom)?
    Could it be the quality of my broadband (current speed is approx. 10mbps)?
    Or could it be that I need a good quality mic instead of the one that I bought on amazon for €25.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would first check the MIC ........ how does it sound when recorded using other software?

What kind of MIC is it? Does it connect via USB or BT or 3.5mm audio socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I would first check the MIC ........ how does it sound when recorded using other software?

What kind of MIC is it? Does it connect via USB or BT or 3.5mm audio socket?

The mic is connected via USB port. There isnt much difference between using the mic and the built in laptop mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) in Linux, but it's also free for Windows.
    https://obsproject.com/
    Can to test it to see if the mic quality is the same? Often there is a selection available in terms of the audio-quality, but 44.1kHz should be more than enough quality?
    Also if you're working on a laptop, ensure that the USB mic is being selected for recording, rather than the laptop mic in the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jane98 wrote: »
    The mic is connected via USB port. There isnt much difference between using the mic and the built in laptop mic.

What about other software that I asked about?
    Have you tried recording with other software to compare the MIC using different software?

Advertisement