Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32+ transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am veering between taking a hit
    And
    Trusting my pool mids and captaining them against city’s high line ...........
    Will decide after tomorrow nights game .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I am veering between taking a hit
    And
    Trusting my pool mids and captaining them against city’s high line ...........
    Will decide after tomorrow nights game .....

Yeah I'm considering Mané. Other option is Jimi and as much as I love his consistency, I've no interest in captaining him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The athletic ran a story a few weeks back about how Auba is actually more effective from the wing statistically

In what sense is he more effective though?

To Arsenal in general and their results have been better? The focus here in the end of the day is goals/assists, and they’re better with him playing as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

callaway92 wrote: »
    In what sense is he more effective though?

To Arsenal in general and their results have been better? The focus here in the end of the day is goals/assists, and they’re better with him playing as a striker.

'Aubameyang has actually scored most of his goals when playing out on the wing. Not only that but he has a higher rate of goals per 90 when starting wide on the left.'

Xg is very similar too. Marginally better up top.

'Aubameyang has actually scored most of his goals when playing out on the wing. Not only that but he has a higher rate of goals per 90 when starting wide on the left.'

Xg is very similar too. Marginally better up top.

Curious on sample size too tbh.

Scoring more goals out on the wing makes sense if he has played far more out there. Also, he may have had more penalties etc (around .77xG) while playing out on the wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Vardy out for Rashy hopefully

Pity I didnt just stick with rashford on my wildcard. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Traore the best midfield option under 6 million now? I kind of want him this week but all these Portuguese lads that I don't know that well but also appear to be wingers make me worried that he won't be a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

callaway92 wrote: »
    Curious on sample size too tbh.

Scoring more goals out on the wing makes sense if he has played far more out there. Also, he may have had more penalties etc (around .77xG) while playing out on the wing
    They said he's played 28% on the left and averages 0.83 goals there which is much higher than when he plays central. He also gets 5.8 touches in the box which is more than he got centrally. It's based on all the games he's played since joining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Deleted

Dearg81 wrote: »
    They said he's played 28% on the left and averages 0.83 goals there which is much higher than when he plays central. He also gets 5.8 touches in the box which is more than he got centrally. It's based on all the games he's played since joining them.

Must check that out tomorrow so.

Some of the writers for the Athletic use the data from my workplace (Opta data) so that’s an interesting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Is Traore the best midfield option under 6 million now? I kind of want him this week but all these Portuguese lads that I don't know that well but also appear to be wingers make me worried that he won't be a regular.

Seems to be either early subbed or brought on around the 60 min mark.

For me I think Saint Maxim is worth a good punt, Newcastle playing with a lot more freedom & no relegation threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Which one would you go with for gw32?

1) Vardy, Grealish out, - Kane, Foden in

2) Grealish, Williams (utd) out, - Foden, AWB in

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

CSF wrote: »

I've had him for a fair while now and he's an absolute pain to own because Wolves have two formations and he doesn't start in one. If he was a guaranteed starter then yes, but his unreliability in terms of starts and injury has me likely moving away from him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which one would you go with for gw32?

1) Vardy, Grealish out, - Kane, Foden in

2) Grealish, Williams (utd) out, - Foden, AWB in

2nd option looks better but why so eager to get Foden in, will he start for you most weeks? I'd go for someone cheaper if they'll be on the bench most weeks.

2nd option looks better but why so eager to get Foden in, will he start for you most weeks? I'd go for someone cheaper if they'll be on the bench most weeks.

City have incredibly nice fixtures coming up after liverpool game, he is bound to get goals in every 2nd one of them sort of thing. But yeah ideally id bring in Mahrez if had the cash :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

City have incredibly nice fixtures coming up after liverpool game, he is bound to get goals in every 2nd one of them sort of thing. But yeah ideally id bring in Mahrez if had the cash :(

I'm gonna get Foden in after the Liverpool game too, reckon he'll get a lot of playing time for the last few weeks.
    A Man City attacking midfielder for 5.1m, with 1% ownership, for the following fixtures? Yes please!
    sou, NEW, bri, BOU, wat, NOR

Perfect 5th Mid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get Foden in after the Liverpool game too, reckon he'll get a lot of playing time for the last few weeks.
    A Man City attacking midfielder for 5.1m, with 1% ownership, for the following fixtures? Yes please!

Perfect 5th Mid

A Foden/Greenwood rotating combo?

*strokes chin*

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pepe in for Son for a 1 week punt. Worth the punt? Have to take risks with main rival being so far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Pepe in for Son for a 1 week punt. Worth the punt? Have to take risks with main rival being so far ahead.

I’m not sure. I think Son plays close to 90 minutes whereas Pepe might not even start. I was toying with removing Son but his assist on Tuesday has done enough to stay in for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Trey13 wrote: »
    I’m not sure. I think Son plays close to 90 minutes whereas Pepe might not even start. I was toying with removing Son but his assist on Tuesday has done enough to stay in for another few weeks.

Pepé will definitely start vs Norwich. It's the games where Arsenal need midfielders tracking back that he will be rested.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Perfect 5th Mid

My thoughts exactly. at 5.1m even a goal every 2 games is a decent return (even if he barely plays 90 mins in both games)

Only other dilemma is do i go 4 at the back with AWB or replace Vardy with Kane.....

My thoughts exactly. at 5.1m even a goal every 2 games is a decent return (even if he barely plays 90 mins in both games)

Only other dilemma is do i go 4 at the back with AWB or replace Vardy with Kane.....

Foden looks a class act, I think he'll be good value but it might be tricky trying to figure out when to start him. The easy home games are when you want him playing and he looks good for a start in them given his performance against Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm also trying to work in Foden eventually. Probably for Saka, but need to free up some funds first.

The first decision is to get a replacement in for Leno. I'll stick with Henderson for now as the 2nd keeper. Trying to decide whether to stick with him for the rest of the season and move the funds outfield by getting in a 3.9, or to get 2 playing keepers in and find funds somewhere else.

Then address PEA. And then Foden!

I'm gonna ignore Aubameyang now as he has too many games coming up and I can see him getting rested for the Norwich match. You'd expect him to play the next 2 and then he'd have played 4 games in a row.

Tonight - Southampton(a)
    Sunday - Sheff United (a) FA Cup
    Wed - Norwich(h)
    Sun - Wolves (a)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm gonna ignore Aubameyang now as he has too many games coming up and I can see him getting rested for the Norwich match. You'd expect him to play the next 2 and then he'd have played 4 games in a row.

Tonight - Southampton(a)
    Sunday - Sheff United (a) FA Cup
    Wed - Norwich(h)
    Sun - Wolves (a)

great thinking. FA cup hopes only for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

I am no longer tempted
    May not even make a transfer now
    Too hard to know what to do and some of the players have a cup game before their league game
    Might just belt away with triple pool against city after all!

Only other thing I’m considering is either Grealish or Barnes to Sarr
    But I think I will leave that too
    May want a double transfer to get Rashford in for 33
    It’s pity saka is 4.7
    Will need a 4.3
    And for Rashford not to rise again !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempted to do Sarr to Mount but might wait a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hope nobody moved on Foden too early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

[PHP][/PHP]
    Rikand wrote: »
    Hope nobody moved on Foden too early
    Areyou talking about him missing last night's game? It was down as a dead leg, doubt it's too serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Wildcard time and set me up for the rest.

currently rank 756 so a lot at stake LOL

Matinez Pope

TAA Doherty Bellerin Holgate Justin
    Mane Martial Fernandes Grealish Saint-M
    Kane Jimenez Calvet-L

Really not sure at all think i going too punty.

Thoughts?

Advertisement