Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Gaming PC Parts

Options
  • 23-06-2020 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Looking for advice on new parts for a gaming PC. I have several parts many years old and looking for advice so I can play the latest games while streaming. Reasonably priced, don't want to be paying 1000 for a GPU for example.

Current:
    Motherboard: Z97X-Gaming 7 (Gigabyte Tech)
    CPU: Intel i5 4460
    Ram: 16GB
    GPU: ASUS R9 280 Series
    Power Supply: EVGA 500 watts
    Harddrive: Crucial SSD

I need more space so looking at getting a 1TB addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 - as its much cheaper than WD and Crucial has left a bad taste in my mouth before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

You should post in the PC Building & Upgrading forum.

IMO, you need more cores/threads for streaming your gaming, so you could spend on a Ryzen CPU. That means buying a new motherboard, and most likely different RAM. I assume yours would be a bit on the slow side, probably no more than 2133 MHz, whereas newer Ryzen CPUs would like faster DDR4 RAM, 3000 MHz or higher.
    That being said, you're probably best off building yourself a brand new PC and try to sell the one you have on adverts or similar.

Anyway, as I said, you should post on the other forum and see what advice you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jaycottz

Thanks man :)

Advertisement