Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Will the betting markets close as soon as the first polls close or how does it work?

They will keep open until a result is known for that/each market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

okidoki987 wrote: »

Biden down to 1.47 on Betfair
    Has sanity finally begun to set in?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

my 4/1 never got matched so i've taken it down. haven't any interest in the outcome now. best of luck to all the biden backers, and Accumulator! too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump currently 3.1 on Betfair exchange, Biden 1.47.

The Economist forecast now puts Bidens chances of winning the electoral college at 96%
    https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

If they're right that 1.47 on Biden will look like free money in 12 hours time

BQQ wrote: »
    Biden down to 1.47 on Betfair
    Has sanity finally begun to set in?

Possibly but early days.
    You have to wait for the rumour machine to start up. ;)
    Some will be true, some most will be false but it's a minefield to sort them out in time.
    You will always get people who have open positions, putting out false rumours to "help" their positions.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trump currently 3.1 on Betfair exchange, Biden 1.47.

The Economist forecast now puts Bidens chances of winning the electoral college at 96%
    https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

If they're right that 1.47 on Biden will look like free money in 12 hours time

Could be all right.
    €356 million matched so far :rolleyes: and that's just on next president market.
    Even assuming every part of that is on 2% commission rate (unlikely), that is over €7 million in commission.
    Assume that why Paddy Power shares are hitting all time highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

But are they not running a massive risk that way?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Depends on Florida doesn't it?

I think that's called early enough, if Trump win the market will be insane, genuinely would not be shocked to see him go odds on.

If he loses Florida, its done, I don't see any other path whatsoever,,,,,,,could be a train then for Biden.

If someone gets a heads-up from a mate in the Florida count centre that Biden has it, before the media get word, could they not make a killing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

With a market of this size all the bets on one side are balanced by bets on the other side. If there is an imbalance in the volume of bets, the price moves to act as an equilibrium point.

For smaller bookies they might not have this same liquidity so what they often do is offset their risk onto other bookmakers in order to reduce their exposure to a negative outcome.

If someone gets a heads-up from a mate in the Florida count centre that Biden has it, before the media get word, could they not make a killing?

No the odds will have changed to probably 1.02 area.

They could but they would have to get hold of someone who could get a large bet on and they may not be able to do it in time.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened, used to happen all the time in shows like XFactor.
    Some guy on the XFactor got fired years ago for texting his mates with the results of the eliminations before they were made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

It's about to get exciting! Have emptied the entire BF clip on Biden @ 1.52. Unfortunately, did the same on Hilary 4 years ago so only hoping to get back to even!

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    It's about to get exciting! Have emptied the entire BF clip on Biden @ 1.52. Unfortunately, did the same on Hilary 4 years ago so only hoping to get back to even!

GL.
    Currently watching and debating about having a bet on it :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Early Florida results showing Trump is down about 2-3% on his 2016 numbers. Only about 10 counties are in though so its early days. Betfair is still 1.49 on Biden and 3 on Trump.

Trump suddenly in close to evens with some bookies:eek: Wonder what's driving that...

On Biden at 1.77 which is either going to be :D or :eek:.
    Let's see ;).

Trump suddenly in close to evens with some bookies:eek: Wonder what's driving that...

Rumour he's done well in Florida?

Rumour he's done well in Florida?

Would winning Florida put him truly neck and neck overall?

Not really, think it's a consequence of last time. Biden should still win w/o Florida, especially since it looks like it's just Miami that's going to cost him. But last time it was the first of many little disappointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,520 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Biden touched 1.9 on betfair a few mins ago!

Florida is one of the key states or so I've heard.
    Imagine if we had a count like they do :eek:.

Biden heading back down currently at 1.55 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

In on Biden at 5/6. Ohio counties looking very promising for general turn to Biden in mid west.

Biden in close to 1/2 with most bookies. I'm guessing the picture is firming up in his favour in the blue wall of Pennsylvania/Wisconsin/Michigan. If he wins those that effectively settles it

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Trump now favourite

Biden 3.25 now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JoeCasey

Trump 4/9
    Biden 17/10

paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭greenfield21

AZ,MI,WI,PA,NC 305/6-232 Trump wins.

Already give my reasons so not going drivel on but trumps ground game, inaccurate polls due to virus, voter registrations, people voting with there pockets- polls showing satisfaction with economy. Where biden needs to win votes climate change and reducing oil output will not help him.

Should have put more on this, still could be a suprise in midwest but doubt it..

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

trump 1.27 now.

does anyone know what happened to Accumulator(aka the only bloke who seems to be on trump and took a lot of abuse)? i thought he had left the thread after the stick he was getting but i can't seem to find him now or see his posts which is quite odd.

ianburke wrote: »
    trump 1.27 now.

does anyone know what happened to Accumulator(aka the only bloke who seems to be on trump and took a lot of abuse)? i thought he had left the thread after the stick he was getting but i can't seem to find him now or see his posts which is quite odd.

Was he banned and changed his name?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think he caught the China Flu from Sleepy Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Astronomical money going on this and that's just on the 1 presidential winner market.

There has been 55m matched in the past 5 hours on Betfair exchange.

Has anyone ever seen a more liquid market before?

Advertisement