Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Irish head vs big Muslim head

Options
  • 23-06-2020 10:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

mike_ie "threadbanned" me because I used the phrase "big muslim head". I asked what was wrong with that, how is it different from "big Irish head" but no reply.

I see the phrase "big irish head" is used extensively on this website:
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=%22big+irish+head%22

So not sure why one would get an infraction for saying "big muslim head".

I then posted a reply to someone which happened to be the same thread I was "threadbanned" from and now mike_ie has banned me for a week.

Firstly the initial infraction / "threadban" is completely invalid. Secondly how am I supposed to keep track of what threads I'm banned from? Either have a mechanism to prevent people from posting into threads they've been banned from or just do away with the idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Well, ignoring the fact that 'Irish' is a nationality and 'Muslim' is a particular religious belief, you are of course, to your own benefit, leaving out context. In a thread about the stabbing at Reading, where people were hell bent from the get-go to derail the thread, your first response to the thread, before any perpetrators had been identified was:
    I'ma say the perpetrator is Black or Muslim.

When a suspect had been identified as to being Libyan, your immediate follow up was:
    African Muslim, probably not black though.
    Saw a video of the suspect getting arrested. Big Muslim head on him.

So let's not play the all-adjectives-are-equal game. You were stirring from the outset and you got called out on it after being given multiple passes.

With respect to your second issue re: keeping track of threadbans, the oft used method employed by 99% of posters here is not to get threadbanned in the first place. If you are getting so many threadbans that you can't keep track of the threads you are banned from vs. those you aren't, then you may want to examine the root cause of this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, I honestly cannot believe you are challenging this threadban. It's a very clear breach of rules you should be fully familiar with

However looking back at your account, you were only back from a 6 month siteban in February - your 3rd siteban on this account for repeatedly breaching forum and site rules. You have picked up 10 forum sanctions in the past 10 weeks or so and you are now on a final warning - any more forum sanctions in the next 6 months and a permanent siteban will ensue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I still don't understand the difference between big Irish head and big Muslim head?

What difference does it make if Irish is a nationality? If I said big Lybian head it would have been ok?

What about big red head?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You seem to think we are having some broad philosophical disagreement here, OP - we're not.

Honestly, best case scenario here is that you're trolling, because the other alternative is that you genuinely don't see the difference between your posts quoted above, and a self deprecating "big Irish head on 'im" which would lead me to think you need more guidance than this forum is equipped to provide.

I think it's best that we end the discussion here - please bear in mind Beasty's post that your account is now on probation.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement