Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Gaming PC Parts for game streaming

Options
  • 24-06-2020 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Looking for advice on new parts for a gaming PC. Basically I want to play the latest games while streaming. Reasonably priced, don't want to be paying 1000 for a GPU for example. Most of the below, besides the RAM and Motherboard are maybe 5+ years old. Any recommendations be great.

Current:
    Motherboard: Z97X-Gaming 7 (Gigabyte Tech)
    CPU: Intel i5 4460
    Ram: 16GB
    GPU: ASUS R9 280 Series
    Power Supply: EVGA 500 watts
    Harddrive: Crucial SSD
    Tower: Skryker (large case)
    Monitor: Asus VE248H (thinking to upgrade this and use my current monitor as a 2nd screen for chat view etc, but not essential right now.)

I need more space so looking at getting a 1TB addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 - as its much cheaper than WD and Crucial has left a bad taste in my mouth before.

Was thinking GPU wise around the lines of a GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER // AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT.

PS. I was recommended a Ryzen CPU by another user but said I'd maybe need a new motherboard and RAM.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Well to narrow down your gpu choice you might be better with Nvidia cards as they have encoders that are useful for streaming. If you're set on going with an AMD card a cpu with a few extra cores would be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

If you can find a decently prices 4790K it will be okay but it should be priced against getting a Ryzen R5 3600, B450 Motherboard and 16GB DDR 3200 RAM. The Intel combo you have at the moment should resell for a decent amount.

As for GPU i'd personally either carry on with what you have, or cheap out as much as possible as this generation of GPUs was a bit meh, and the next generation look like they'll be a bit more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jaycottz

I looked at a thread which mentioned Cyberpower website and through that I did a lot of match and then referred to reviews and also youtube tech reviews for everything I was interested in over the past few days. I then put all the parts and individually priced them through amazon (with prime to save on delivery). I saw a difference of not only 300 euro vs Cyberpower building it for me, but I could get the X version of the Ryzen and a great SSD thrown in all for about 2050e. I then used that 300 euro difference and splurged on a gaming chair from Secretlabs as an early birthday present to myself. Check below for all my findings and research.

Computer Specs:
    Case: NZXT H510 Elite
    Motherboard: Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor
    GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
    RAM: HyperX Fury (32MB)
    Power: EVGA Power Pack 650w GQ
    Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT

The past thing I'll definately need is a monitor and I'm finding this one the hardest of all to research and I am aiming for 144hz (or thereabouts), IPS and 1440p. So I've been looking at monitors such as ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q and ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ. But nothing decided yet.

Advertisement