Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sil Fox cleared (Very clear video evidence of lies of accuser)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

This really exposes one of the multiple injustices against men in the legal system, we should not be naming either side until proceedings conclude and in clear cut cases of false allegations like this, the accuser should receive a custodial sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

After acknowledging that his hands remained on the table and the photo took closer to three seconds than thirty seconds, she maintained that the sexual assault still happened.

This woman is dangerous and needs to be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

cokeiscrap wrote: »
    Sil Fox should thank his lucky stars that he doesn't work for the company that is the largest selling brand in Ireland.

Recently they dismissed a male employee after a female colleague made an unproven accusation against him.

No police involvement. No court/legal proceedings. Just a bogus internal investigation where the male employees rights were trampled on.

Everyone should look for alternative products rather than buying from this despicable company.

How can we look for an alternative when you haven't named the company and how do we know that your story is in any way true... You signed up and posted this one post .... People are judged on their post history and their ability to contribute to the community.

Ps.we don't have police in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

‘Ireland’s National Police and Security Service’ according to garda.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How can we look for an alternative when you haven't named the company and how do we know that your story is in any way true... You signed up and posted this one post .... People are judged on their post history and their ability to contribute to the community.

Yes we do. The Airport Police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The username might be the clue about the company

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Might also be the clue as to who got fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I remember being asked to write about making rape trials easier for victims in college. I wonder will academics now be asking their students to write about how to protect the accused? I somehow doubt it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I remember being asked to write about making rape trials easier for victims in college. I wonder will academics now be asking their students to write about how to protect the accused? I somehow doubt it.

No surprise, its not popular to write about false rape accusations and the sick motivations of the culture/mindset of people who enable false accusers.

Radical feminism at work again infiltrating our education system where victim hood is all the rage and how the white man is going to keeping everyone down.

Pepsi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Happened in England too, how did this case ever get to court?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-falsely-accused-sexually-assaulting-actress-feels-he-has-undergone-mental-torture-sanctioned-state-a6867366.html

A commuter wrongly accused of sexually assaulting a "well-known" actress after brushing past her at a train station has spoken of how “half a second turned into a year of hell”.

Mark Pearson said he felt like he had “undergone a form of mental torture sanctioned by the state” after he was charged over the alleged incident at Waterloo station in December 2014.

CCTV footage showed the 51-year-old walking through the station holding a newspaper in his left hand and with his right hand on his bag strap when he brushes past the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
    Watch more

The alleged victim later told police he had “penetrated” her and hit her on the shoulder - although footage showing he had never broken his stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Happened in England too, how did this case ever get to court?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-falsely-accused-sexually-assaulting-actress-feels-he-has-undergone-mental-torture-sanctioned-state-a6867366.html

A commuter wrongly accused of sexually assaulting a "well-known" actress after brushing past her at a train station has spoken of how “half a second turned into a year of hell”.

Mark Pearson said he felt like he had “undergone a form of mental torture sanctioned by the state” after he was charged over the alleged incident at Waterloo station in December 2014.

CCTV footage showed the 51-year-old walking through the station holding a newspaper in his left hand and with his right hand on his bag strap when he brushes past the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
    Watch more

The alleged victim later told police he had “penetrated” her and hit her on the shoulder - although footage showing he had never broken his stride.

Plod slowed down the footage too to make it seem he had more time to assault her.

He would have won a suit against them, but the British Justice system would have probably only awarded him a low five figure sum and he stated that the stress of what he had been through already, put him off it.

Nothing happened to her either. She wasn't even named.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

This really exposes one of the multiple injustices against men in the legal system, we should not be naming either side until proceedings conclude and in clear cut cases of false allegations like this, the accuser should receive a custodial sentence

In this case the accuser was the state. The DPP directed that the court case should take place. They should have properly investigated beforehand.
    I agree false allegations are extremely harmful and should be punished but that would require a new court case. That just how our system works.
    In this court case the person making the allegations is a witness.
    I would have no problem with the DPP launching a fresh case now but that would make them look very bad.

Plod slowed down the footage too to make it seem he had more time to assault her.

He would have won a suit against them, but the British Justice system would have probably only awarded him a low five figure sum and he stated that the stress of what he had been through already, put him off it.

Nothing happened to her either. She wasn't even named.

'plod' did not slow down the footage.
    I suggest you read a bit slower, you won't miss something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

He's damn right to sue the state.
    He should also sue her and the state should prosecute her for perjury.

joe40 wrote: »
    In this case the accuser was the state. The DPP directed that the court case should take place. They should have properly investigated beforehand.
    I agree false allegations are extremely harmful and should be punished but that would require a new court case. That just how our system works.
    In this court case the person making the allegations is a witness.
    I would have no problem with the DPP launching a fresh case now but that would make them look very bad.

How about the gards investigating the case actually do their job?? And all of this would have been avoided.

Also, its not about optics, its about justice isn't it, surely that's what our justice proclaims to be.

So much for “#ibelieveher’.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cokeiscrap

Might also be the clue as to who got fired.

You could be wrong here ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cokeiscrap

Pepsi

No, the other one. ;-)

No, the other one. ;-)

Must be Dr. Pepper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

bubblypop wrote: »

Well the CPS definitely did, and they often work hand in glove with the cops.

This article shows more detail about this. It's a good thing his lawyers were able to stop the altered footage being shown to a jury.

This was one of a number of cases against innocent men which were thrown out because of implausible or non existent evidence due to pressure from Alison Saunders who was DPP at the time.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Marcos wrote: »
    This article shows more detail about this. It's a good thing his lawyers were able to stop the altered footage being shown to a jury.

This was one of a number of cases against innocent men which were thrown out because of implausible or non existent evidence due to pressure from Alison Saunders who was DPP at the time.

And we have another one like her here right now, Claire Loftus, masters in public sector management and a diploma in European law. Way out of her depth and promoting a pro feminist agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

No, the other one. ;-)

Heroin?

I suggest you read a bit slower, you won't miss something

The footage was deliberately slowed down with the intention to get an innocent man thrown into jail because some nut job, lying sack of sh1t made a false allegation. Does it matter if it was the "plod" or the CPS?

Glad to see you condemned the false allegation though. Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Stay Free

The footage was deliberately slowed down with the intention to get an innocent man thrown into jail because some nut job, lying sack of sh1t made a false allegation. Does it matter if it was the "plod" or the CPS?

Glad to see you condemned the false allegation though. Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Maybe you should read the whole thread before commenting on what I did or didn't say.

Does it matter if it was police or cps? Obviously. Does it matter whether it was you or your next dorr neighbour that broke the law, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And we have another one like her here right now, Claire Loftus, masters in public sector management and a diploma in European law. Way out of her depth and promoting a pro feminist agenda.

Could you give some examples of how this agenda is manifesting, other than this particular case please?

And what exactly is your problem with her qualifications?

Maybe you should read the whole thread before commenting on what I did or didn't say.

Does it matter if it was police or cps? Obviously. Does it matter whether it was you or your next dorr neighbour that broke the law, for example.

It isn't necessary to read the whole thread to respond to a single comment. How on earth do you draw comparisons with plod and CPS to me and my neighbour? Seriously, that's ridiculous and you are being deliberately obtuse. From a legal point of view in the event the wrongly accused wanted to seek justice "LOL" it matters who slowed down the cctv footage. However in the context of my post and the original poster you responded to, it's not relevant whether it was the police or the CPS who slowed the footage down by half. Both parties wanted to have an innocent man convicted. All would have been glad to see a conviction and the facts were just an inconvenience to ignore and/or manipulate. One party was at best, grossly negligent and the other, in my view...criminal. The CPS tampered with evidence in the most insidious way.

You said before you care about law and justice, but all I see from you is a deep bias when women or the legal system are questioned. You ignore the truth and facts in every comment you disagree with and go right after the smallest and least relevant detail you can pick on to attack or discredit the poster/poster.

Stay Free

It isn't necessary to read the whole thread to respond to a single comment. How on earth do you draw comparisons with plod and CPS to me and my neighbour? Seriously, that's ridiculous and you are being deliberately obtuse. From a legal point of view in the event the wrongly accused wanted to seek justice "LOL" it matters who slowed down the cctv footage. However in the context of my post and the original poster you responded to, it's not relevant whether it was the police or the CPS who slowed the footage down by half. Both parties wanted to have an innocent man convicted. All would have been glad to see a conviction and the facts were just an inconvenience to ignore and/or manipulate. One party was at best, grossly negligent and the other, in my view...criminal. The CPS tampered with evidence in the most insidious way.

You said before you care about law and justice, but all I see from you is a deep bias when women or the legal system are questioned. You ignore the truth and facts in every comment you disagree with and go right after the smallest and least relevant detail you can pick on to attack or discredit the poster/poster.

Sorry, I thought you had an issue with people being accused of something they didn't do?
    Maybe not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Some outlandish assertions flying here, but as an aside, my sides split in fit of laughter when fox went on TV recently for an interview, his career was ruined he said. The only gig he had in tge last 20 years was the awful, funny Friday on Da Liveline, and that's no even remotely funny infact it's disturbing :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Some outlandish assertions flying here, but as an aside, my sides split in fit of laughter when fox went on TV recently for an interview, his career was ruined he said. The only gig he had in tge last 20 years was the awful, funny Friday on Da Liveline, and that's no even remotely funny infact it's disturbing :)

He does a huge number of corporate gigs and they are far more lucrative than pub gigs.

And if there's even a whiff of controversy the corporates will just move to another person.

Advertisement