Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of insurance do I need?

• 24-06-2020 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

I'm about to take possession of a small farm with a workshop which is leased out to a third party.

What sort of insurance will I need to protect myself against visitors to the workshop injuring themselves if they wander onto the land? Also, should the insurance cover the workshop of should the sitting tenant take care of that themselves?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Talk to a broker in the area (i.e. one who would have farmers as clients) or call your local FBD office.

Lots of farms and workshops are rented out (especially by widows of farmers who still live in the house) so your situation is pretty common i.e. where people have to cross your land to access a premises which you have rented out.

Your tenancy agreement should contain a clause whereby the tenant indemnifies you in respect of accidents on the premises so he should have his own insurance. But you will need cover anyway, if, as you suggest, someone who is visiting the tenant strays onto your land and and has an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭hkjohn

Cheers, guys

Advertisement