Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedding Analytics API for PHP Dashboard

Options
  • 24-06-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi Everyone!

I need to check performance of all of my web pages via Google Analytics on my PHP site dashboard. Can you share a step by step guide? Is it possible? This is easy for WP and other sites but I want for PHP one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could look at a WordPress plugin to see how it does it and drop the WordPress bits (at some point it must be accessing the GA API).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Talisman

The first step is to identify what events you want to measure.

The second step is to familiarise yourself with the analytics.js documentation so that you know what is possible.

The final step is to implement it for yourself. You could hack it together by stealing code from plugins but you may not learn anything of merit doing so. Using the analytics.js library is very easy once you have configured it and confirmed that your events are being tracked.

There are plenty of code examples in the developer documentation after that it's a matter of how competent you are at writing event driven JavaScript code.

Advertisement