Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight blackout curtains (280cm wide x 228cm height, preferably split in two)ht)

Options
  • 24-06-2020 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

The weather is stunning which means the sunlight is waking us at 5am, blinds be damned. We're looking to buy blackout curtains light enough to hang on a DIY job: plastic hooks, one fixed either side of the windows, pole laying on the hooks, if that makes sense.

Any recommendations? It's for a rental hence the budget solution. Rental agency havent responded to my queries so hopeful we can solve it ourselves at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

I've seen blackout curtains for 14.99 (short) or 19.99 (about 2m long) in Mr. Price last week, if you have one near you.
    I have never seen 2.28cm you might need to get some fabric and cut them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I've seen blackout curtains for 14.99 (short) or 19.99 (about 2m long) in Mr. Price last week, if you have one near you.
    I have never seen 2.28cm you might need to get some fabric and cut them yourself.

Thanks madhatter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks madhatter!

Homestore and more have( had them)
    You cut to size yourself, hacksaw and Stanley blade,easy peasy, I fitted 2 in just over an hour, hope they still have them
    (Mahon point shopping centre I got mine)
    Harry Corry also has them
    P. S. If u really want as much light gone as possible you need a blackout blind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Homestore and more have( had them)
    You cut to size yourself, hacksaw and Stanley blade,easy peasy, I fitted 2 in just over an hour, hope they still have them
    (Mahon point shopping centre I got mine)
    Harry Corry also has them
    P. S. If u really want as much light gone as possible you need a blackout blind

Hacksaw and Stanley blade sound like a lot of work for someone like me, less than a handyman:) but I'll keep them in mind thank you

Hacksaw and Stanley blade sound like a lot of work for someone like me, less than a handyman:) but I'll keep them in mind thank you

Stanley for cutting, scissors would do, hacksaw only for cutting half inch light stuff

• Advertisement

Stanley for cutting, scissors would do, hacksaw only for cutting half inch light stuff

Advertisement