Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday/Friday: Lightning Storms, Flash Flooding Event Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

After seeing that I guess hail is a potential disruption here when things get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

jeez lads yere gas. :D

19 pages of chatter, and all we have so far is a warm day, with some cloud.

Put the lube away !

:D:D:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If its good visuals I'll you tube live my trip later on the route discussed yesterday I'm taking

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

greenspurs wrote: »
    jeez lads yere gas. :D

19 pages of chatter, and all we have so far is a warm day, with some cloud.

Put the lube away !

:D:D:D

There's always hope, after all some of us think the Irish football team might be good one day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the radar looks to be a good chance of some action later on in the East

• Registered Users Posts: 24,021 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yes the occlusion arriving in the SE of Ireland is producing a lot of lightning in the Devon/Cornwall peninsula as well as convective outbreaks over west Wales as instability deepens. Looking good for the eastern 100 kms of Leinster anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Taking it's time eh, thought we would have seen lightning break out already from the SE. Still loads of time of course. Convective cloud building in the SE but cloud tops not particularly cold yet.

FeykSrz.gif

yLqDQM0.gif

wT9dMp8.gif

EbsrmvA.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yes the occlusion arriving in the SE of Ireland is producing a lot of lightning in the Devon/Cornwall peninsula as well as convective outbreaks over west Wales as instability deepens. Looking good for the eastern 100 kms of Leinster anyway
    Even if people are further inland in Leinster it should still make for a good lighting show tonight.
    Sometimes it nice to just sit outside with a beer and watch from a distance.
    That's my plan for the night....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,021 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ZX7R wrote: »
    Even if people are further inland in Leinster it should still make for a good lighting show tonight.

Where you at yourself ZX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Am in North county Dublin, the sky to my south is definetly darkening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Am in North county Dublin, the sky to my south is definetly darkening

Sunny with broken clouds in Terenure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Are we about to see our first sparks in Wexford / Wicklow , not far from Arklow.

Current Dew Points

LlMe6Cb.png

Winds all over the place

psewT6V.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very hazy cloud now in Meath, but still lovely and warm, temperature 22C. I'm not sure i'll see any thunderstorms tonight here in Meath but we've had a great day with plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures and that's all I could ever ask for. Hopefully we get more days like today once we get the next 2 weeks of cool and unsettled weather out of the way. Second half of July and into August is still looking fairly promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Just north of Arklow here, skies nothing unusual but cloudy. Not threatening looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Are we about to see our first sparks in Wexford / Wicklow , not far from Arklow.

Current Dew Points

LlMe6Cb.png

Winds all over the place

psewT6V.png

Dry here in Arklow but I can see high precipitation not making it to ground
    Attached view looking South snd view looking southeast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

ZX7R wrote: »

Just remember, the 2M distance is only a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Serious Betty Swollox weather in Waterford

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Where you at yourself ZX?

Live in suncroft outside Kildare town,
    Wicklow man originally.
    Soon to live in medyka Poland.
    Flying out next month

• Advertisement

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Just remember, the 2M distance is only a minimum.

I'm married ,a 100 km is not enough distance sometimes ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

EC 12z rolling out and giving a risk to much of the country bar the southwest. Interesting cell heading up east coast around 3am.

A long night ahead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

EC 12z rolling out and giving a risk to much of the country bar the southwest. Interesting cell heading up east coast around 3am.

A long night ahead.

I get the feeling there will quite a few of us battle soldiers waiting up tonight into silly hours of the morning waiting for something to happen. With rare chances such as this even the possibility of a flash of lightning is enough to keep many up and witness a spectacle that is common in most parts of the world but a rare beauty in a country such as Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Few drops of rain in D24 right now. Noticeably cooler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Wetbulb 20.5c and Air Temp 24.8c at 7.40pm in South Laois!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Nice formations happening .
    South co wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Dry here in Arklow but I can see high precipitation not making it to ground
    Attached view looking South snd view looking southeast

Very similar sky here in the west. Brightens up now and again then gets threatening looking again for a while before breaking up again.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Risk for Cork city? I always hear south west or south east but Cork city is neither of those really so always wonder what the forecast is for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Dead still in North Dublin, still quite warm, and the ants have to decided to take flight this evening also...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Some lightening off the south-east coast of Rosslare, good bit out though.

Advertisement