Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday/Friday: Lightning Storms, Flash Flooding Event Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Lot of activity over on http://www.lightningmaps.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Echoes over Dublin absolutely tanked in the latest frame. Time for bed, too tired to keep up hope. Enjoy all who are having storms. NW and Wicklow/Wexford looks the place to be !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Flash in North Dublin. No thunder yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

2 big flashes over ballinrobe. No rain, eerie quite bar the dogs going haywire barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Epic storms over Wicklow and just out to sea, the mountains are making short work of this for Dubs so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Haven't seen rain like that in a while. Monsoon.

Aye my machines are recording it but the powers off out here and the beds too comfy tbh to be going down to check the console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Really odd here in Sligo, the cloud bank is still lighting up constantly. It’s very hard to localize, other than a general impression of direction and way less obvious thunder than flashes. Also very little on lightingmaps. And the dogs aren’t going mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Epic storms over Wicklow and just out to sea, the mountains are making short work of this for Dubs so far.

I still have hope, it’s very very slowly inching northwards!

2 big flashes over ballinrobe. No rain, eerie quite bar the dogs going haywire barking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Wahoo, first flash and rumble over Dublin 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Finally a close thunder roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Much closer now in north wicklow.

dakar wrote: »
    Really odd here in Sligo, the cloud bank is still lighting up constantly. It’s very hard to localize, other than a general impression of direction and way less obvious thunder than flashes. Also very little on lightingmaps. And the dogs aren’t going mad!

Described it perfectly theres been flashes that i can see, but zero rain where i am. Dogs are goijg haywire in the estate and all i can hear is the rattle of thunder now and again.

*edit
    Mayo by the way

65 strikes a minute over south and mid Wicklow still I see
    Still at it here

Epic lightning just east of Greystones atm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lil_gypsy

*eadaoin wrote: »
    Wahoo, first flash and rumble over Dublin 8!

Same here in Dublin 4 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

In rathdrum county wicklow.. thunder lightning and rain savage here at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

South Dublin to get light show.

• Advertisement

Epic lightning just east of Greystones atm

Hasn't stopped at all in Arklow, just more distant, that's 2 hours or more now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Fingers crossed for Dublin, not much needs to happen to fill in the gap between two strong clusters to south and east. Surface winds backing to northeast will help given the uplift direction created by that. Think it may come together within 30-45 mins. Even so, has been a great outcome for the southeast coast and good for inland northwest. Glass half to three quarters full I suppose.

Lightning in north Dub, that was much closer but no thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

will D 4 get any lightning tonght please<

Ok just heard thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

In rathdrum county wicklow.. thunder lightning and rain savage here at the minute!

Not too far from you that last hour was biblical. Never saw anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Show seems to be over in Sligo, bar the odd flash. It lasted about 35 minutes all in. Light rain now as the sky lightens. I’ve never seen anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Thunder in Dublin 22. I think Wicklow's event is moving upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Fairly frequent flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder for the past 30 mins here in D14, light to moderate rain too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Wow, Kicking off in Bray now. Loud cracks and Torrential Rain.

Advertisement