Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month ban from soccer forum

Options
  • 25-06-2020 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have received a 6 month ban from the soccer forum for the following post

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minime2.5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rock77
    Grealish better than Pogba! I’ve heard it all now...

Learn to read and interpret correctly. No one said that

Whilst this may be outside the rules of the charter, I'm finding it incredible harsh. The mod in question was going to give me a reprieve but after consulting with his fellow mods its been decided that the ban stands

He said his reasons the reasons .The post in itself is actionable under the charter, and while it may have been harsh on its own to action, when you take into account that there were 2 on thread warnings, warning users to against attacking posters (see below), with the second one being a final warning, I can only come to the conclusion that the card is warranted. You were also active around when these were posted.

Mod note 1:https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=8442

Mod note 2: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=8488

It already had ben established it was out of charter but the 2 warnings were from the 10th and 11th of June. This was 12/13 days before the post I was banned for. I may have been on line but I was in hospital at the time and didn't read every post.

I find the whole situation extremely harsh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin: I'd like to remind everybody that only the appellant, CMods and admin can post in Dispute resolution unless explicitly invited to.

As you have brought this to the mod already, I'll let the CMods know.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi minime, I can take a look at this.

Can you forward me on the PM exchange between you and the mod please? Alternatively you can just post it here.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

please see attached

sent pms to trigger

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks for that Minime, I'll get back to you on this at some stage over the weekend.

Hi minime,

I'm going to cut you some slack here since the mod seemed to initially agree to lifting the ban and even though the post was attacking the poster rather than the post it was a pretty mild attack.

I think the mod was correct in pointing out that the post was a justifiable card therefore the ban should stand but I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

So I will lift the ban and get the card reversed if that is acceptable, just be aware that if you get carded again you will be banned for 6 months as there is no more end of season resets on the totting up process in the forum anymore.

Thanks Mickeroo

Marking this as resolved. Thanks all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement