Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled water

Options
  • 24-06-2020 8:43pm

In general (and I haven’t a breeze about numbers and additives) does bottled water need to be “adjusted”? If it’s not a general thing, are there any brands better than others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

In general (and I haven’t a breeze about numbers and additives) does bottled water need to be “adjusted”? If it’s not a general thing, are there any brands better than others?

I use it a lot as my tap is very heavily chlorinated and hard. I don't find a need to play around with chemistry but lads who are more heavily involved in AG might have different advice. I also find the 5L plastic bottles great as intermediate storage which is an added advantage.

All the ones I've seen list their chemistry which would probably be useful if you do have a recipe that calls for particularly weighty adjustments. That said, I've used the ones from Aldi, Lidl and Supervalu and have been happy with the results.

PS. Suggest you break this out into its own thread...

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I use it a lot as my tap is very heavily chlorinated and hard. I don't find a need to play around with chemistry but lads who are more heavily involved in AG might have different advice. I also find the 5L plastic bottles great as intermediate storage which is an added advantage.

All the ones I've seen list their chemistry which would probably be useful if you do have a recipe that calls for particularly weighty adjustments. That said, I've used the ones from Aldi, Lidl and Supervalu and have been happy with the results.

PS. Suggest you break this out into its own thread...

Yeah if a mod wants to split it off then sound (I didn’t know if there was another one).

It’s the 5 litre super valu ones were the exact ones I’m thinking of.

Yeah if a mod wants to split it off then sound (I didn’t know if there was another one).

It’s the 5 litre super valu ones were the exact ones I’m thinking of.

Just to say, I've found the SV bottles themselves are a bit more top heavy for storing product and don't stand up so well as the squatter square ones Lidl used to do. And if any pressure builds in them at all, they tend to fall over. Otherwise, they're grand and are cheap as chips...

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Just to say, I've found the SV bottles themselves are a bit more top heavy for storing product and don't stand up so well as the squatter square ones Lidl used to do. And if any pressure builds in them at all, they tend to fall over. Otherwise, they're grand and are cheap as chips...

Have your brews turned out ok using them? Without adding anything?

Have your brews turned out ok using them? Without adding anything?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Advertisement