Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cordless pressure washer

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

given you still need the hose connected, what is the advantage of a cordless pressue washer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

mossym wrote: »
    given you still need the hose connected, what is the advantage of a cordless pressue washer?

No, it's connected to a bottle or bucket.

I have an 18V Worx HydroShot version that I've found to be good for washing my mountain bike before putting it back into the car, and occasionally spraying down the car.

It's not suitable for pressure washing concrete or wood or anything like that really. It has a decent bit of pressure, but far smaller flow rate than a real pressure washer, and the battery only lasts maybe 2-3 washes of the bike.

Handy alright, but certainly a luxury item as opposed to a work tool as such.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i should have scrolled across the pictures :) i saw the hose in the first one and was curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Looks like a piece of crap. Watch the video in the link - no pressure a tall.

Snow foamer - Yeah, right.

Waste of €100 IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks pretty useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I'd say you've be better off and do more cleaning by pissing up against whatever it is you want to wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Battery powered Super Soaker.

Wouldn't waste my money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say you've be better off and do more cleaning by pissing up against whatever it is you want to wash.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Has anyone calling it crap actually ever used one?

They're really clear on its applications in the advert too. As I said, incredibly handy for specific tasks.

Without it, I'd be putting a muddy bike back into the car every week, so well worth the money for me.

Has anyone calling it crap actually ever used one?

They're really clear on its applications in the advert too. As I said, incredibly handy for specific tasks.

Without it, I'd be putting a muddy bike back into the car every week, so well worth the money for me.
    Well, from the video, it is absolutely useless on a car.

If they remove the car from the video and specify it's for muddy bikes and one is happy to fork out €100 when a hose or a bucket/brush would do the same - grand, otherwise its junk.

• Advertisement

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnny1x

saw a version of it for sale in Lidl within the last week for half the price of that you linked - can't comment on the quality but might suit you if you were not aware they sold them for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

johnny1x wrote: »
    saw a version of it for sale in Lidl within the last week for half the price of that you linked - can't comment on the quality but might suit you if you were not aware they sold them for that price.

Thanks.I think the battery is extra in lidl? I will check it out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Think i'll skip the cordless one.What about

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7602951/Trail/searchtext%3EPOWER+WASHER.htm

It is mainly to wash the car I want it. are these good specs

1400 watt universal motor.
    Flow rate 300 litres/hour.
    Rated bar - 70.
    Max bar - 100.
    Suitable for light to medium duty tasks.
    5m hose.
    5m mains cable.
    Maximum temperature of 40°C.

Accessories included:

Standard lance.
    Pressure adjustable lance - allows you to alter the level of water pressure to suit the task.
    Car wash brush.
    Quick connector.
    Patio cleaner.
    Low pressure detergent gun.
    Removable detergent tank.
    On board storage.
    Weight 7kg.
    Manufacturer's 3 year guarantee.

Advertisement