Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosols and Cooking Oil

• 25-06-2020 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

What is the correct way to dispose of aerosols (deodorant or hairspray) and also cooking oil?

I thought empty aerosols were for recycling, but I recently downloaded the Greyhound app and it says they're not allowed in any bin. In contrast, several other companies list them as suitable for recycling.

Also, used cooking oil from a deep fat fryer - what are you supposed to do with it? This is a new issue for me as I'm recently living with family who use one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

Local recycling centre should take both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

guil wrote: »
    Local recycling centre should take both

I thought I had replied to this weeks ago but it must not have posted. Thanks for your response!

Recycling centre is the only option? I have no way of getting there so that's a shame as it will he an ordeal to organise.

Can anyone explain why Greyhound would say no to aerosols in all bins when others say they're fine for recycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

There is no standardised agreement on what is and isn't accepted as recycling. Some companies accept glass in the recycling bin and others don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

guil wrote: »
    There is no standardised agreement on what is and isn't accepted as recycling. Some companies accept glass in the recycling bin and others don't.

It's not so much that they don't accept it for recycling, but that they don't accept it full stop. Not allowed in domestic waste bin either.

Advertisement