Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to get a BER cert off?

Options
  • 25-06-2020 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My parents are selling a house, and they need to get a BER cert for it. Does anyone have any recommendations of who to use in Dublin to get one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Hi,

My parents are selling a house, and they need to get a BER cert for it. Does anyone have any recommendations of who to use in Dublin to get one of these?
    If you are selling just ring a few of these and get a quote

https://ndber.seai.ie/PASS/Assessors/Search.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AaronMic95

You can also ask your agent, if you have one, to help you accomplish this task.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

AaronMic95 wrote: »
    You can also ask your agent, if you have one, to help you accomplish this task.

Exactly, and as you say on the assumption the OP has an estate agent acting. That's what you pay them for, to do the jobs they can sort out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Exactly, and as you say on the assumption the OP has an estate agent acting. That's what you pay them for, to do the jobs they can sort out for you.
    I would say off the top of my head that an EA will charge a fee for making a 5 min phone call that will not be commensurate with the time involved

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AaronMic95

There are EAs who accomplish this type of task as it is included in the services they offer with no additional cost. But you have to clarify with your EA first (Again, assuming you have one). As what Spanish Eyes said, "That's what you pay them for, to do the jobs they can sort out for you."

If you currently don't have an EA, then you should probably get one as it might be more inconvenient and risky to sell the house without an EA.

But if you do not have an EA yet, then the best route is to follow brisan’s advice and find an assessor from the link that was provided. Perhaps it would help to look for online testimonials on the assessors that you shortlisted and decide based on that. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement