Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban?? Wts

Options
  • 25-06-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Looking to appeal this card for posting "Dindu nuffin" over on current affairs. It was a response to a video of a police car being smashed up by thuds in London. Dindu nuffin is I didn't do anything. I didn't know what the problem was until I saw a poster, a new register, has posted a wiki link explaining it to a derogatory term. Not only is using a wiki page as a source to thread ban people enough but to take action from a report of a new req on here. Any person who has lived in London, which I have, ever watching English programs you will here dindu nuffin or didn't nuffink.

The mod who issued the thread ban mods subjectivity, showing bias. This is clear in how they add mod notes or when issuing cards.

Im also suspicious of mass reporting from posters on boards, banding together and reporting users of comments to shut down users and get people removed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113843495&postcount=470

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If you mean that by not allowing you to use your very loaded terminology unfettered that I am biased, then yes, I guess from your POV I am.

And no, I'm not buying your argument that your very distinct and obviously derogatory term is a colloquial use of English.

Something I've posted elsewhere on the site before is that when I look at a given situation, a line I usually try to draw is whether the point of view expressed is stupid and/or ignorant, or both stupid/ignorant and offensive. I try to address it on a cases by case basis but yeah, I think there are viewpoints that are so far afield that as a community we regard anyone who expresses them to be trolling.

You can appeal the red card in DRP. The threadban remains in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Yes. They do no respond

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well as the mod is mike_ie, you've received a response in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yes. They do no respond

For the record, you didn't. Last PM I received from you was over a week ago, over a separate issue. But see my response above in post #3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

With all due respects Mike.ie, you moderate from a subjective point of authority and you show an immense amount of bias when doing so. Not only that, but your "mod notes" are also condescending and they serve no purpose. You choose sides. From what Iv witnessed on this forum, other moderators mod from a objective standpoint and are still able to be involved in the thread discussions. Iv had users pm me with the same issues, users Iv been in disagreement with. Its appears you have many conflicts of interest when it comes to your involvement in particular topics and it's evidently clear.

Please close this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement