Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops dream of slaughtering “N****ers” (but policing isn’t racist*)

Options

Comments

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s not what I said. Your fallacy is straw man. Evidenced by itself that a Sergeant terminated the 3 when he reviewed the audio.

No, you said
    Cops dream of slaughtering “N****ers” (but policing isn’t racist)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“But policing isn’t racist”

“Police culture”

Is there any point in even having a discussion when your starting point is ridiculous generalisations like that?

No one is holding a gun to your head. How is a discussion of police culture ridiculous on its face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

But you associated racism with “policing” and “police culture”, using this case as an example to make your point?

Can you honestly see nothing wrong with that generalisation?

Do you don’t see any racism in policing or in police culture? I would call bull**** if you didn’t.

titan18 wrote: »
    So if 3 black people discuss killing police, it's ok to say all black people want to kill police? Cos that's what you're doing with the police there

No it’s not. If it was all police police wouldn’t have fired police for being racist psychopaths.

I can’t stop 3 ****heads black or white from discussing killing of police but a) it’s a crime (conspiracy to commit) b) they aren’t public sector employees which I have to suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No one is holding a gun to your head. How is a discussion of police culture ridiculous on its face?

The argument you’re trying to put forward is based upon a notion that doesn’t exist, “police culture”? No such thing. “Policing”? Yep, that’s a thing, and racism is not a part of it, as evidenced indeed by the fact that the three officers have been fired.

Your example is simply not representative of the police in the US, it’s representative of racist attitudes in the US.

It was a private conversation, is there not a data protection breach here by their employer.
    You can only imagine the conversations in a Garda car about white people doubt there referring to us as civilians.

What does this even mean?? Are you suggesting members of an Garda Siochana regularly have conversations about wanting to kill people, put bullets in their heads, have a civil war, slaughter whole groups of people?

I'm sure they get frustrated and I know they have a lot of crap to put up with so they may well call someone an unfavourable name but dreaming of what amounts to genocide? Really? Or do you just think they just get irritated like anybody would and call some difficult member of the public a name under their breath? Because that's hardly the same thing as what these men did is it? So it's just whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The racists of boards.ie do keep revealing themselves.

Please elaborate and actually add some proof to your disgusting allegations which if continue would be classed as defamation of character....

Ireland doesn't have a culture of police racism, or do you mean specifically in America?

We can include or exclude AGS if you like. I don’t have any explicit knowledge of AGS racism.

bubblypop wrote: »
    No, you said
    Cops dream of slaughtering “N****ers” (but policing isn’t racist)

And?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Wilmington NC yesterday terminated Corporal Jessie Moore and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmor for their involvement in a police dash cam recording that was activated on accident.

Discussing 2 black colleagues:

Denigrating an arrestee based on race:

And just straight up advocation of genocide:

But yeah no I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with police culture definitely no racism there

The conversation as recorded by the camera went on for 46 minutes. The fired officers claim they aren’t racist and it was just ‘stress’ that caused them to say such racist things.

They are private citizens now who still have a right to carry firearms.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cops-fired-for-discussing-slaughtering-them-f-n-say-they-arent-racists/

Oh right Ted!

The argument you’re trying to put forward is based upon a notion that doesn’t exist, “police culture”? No such thing. “Policing”? Yep, that’s a thing, and racism is not a part of it, as evidenced indeed by the fact that the three officers have been fired.

Your example is simply not representative of the police in the US, it’s representative of racist attitudes in the US.
    right, police culture doesn’t exist :rolleyes: I’ll just get my coat :rolleyes:

Yours is the one with the bullseye on the back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The conversation as recorded by the camera went on for 46 minutes. The fired officers claim they aren’t racist and it was just ‘stress’ that caused them to say such racist things.

....../

Thats up there with nurofen plus as far as excuses go.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Thats up there with nurofen plus as far as excuses go.

I’m sure the Nazi party didn’t really mean to exterminate the Jews it was just all that undue stress from fighting a war on multiple fronts that they chose for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

On the front page of the forum, right now:

Thread about Madeleine McCann, who isn't Irish.

MMC has been international news for literally years now.

The US election is also international news. It has particular relevance for Ireland due to the amount of trade we do with the US and our reliance on MNC, the majority (or largest anyway) of whom tend to be from the US

Yes the 2nd of these is particularly irrelevant, about as relevant as this thread.
    [url="https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058087188]Thread about France.[/url]

Why the hell are none of ye in there complaining about those, eh?

French thread link didn't work. One isn't going to jump into every thread that they don't like to complain about it. But as you have shown yourself there are plenty of threads about the US into which this story could've been placed. A thread about 3 random police in S. Carolina who said racists things, and were subsequently fired, doesn't really require a thread of it's own, imo.

But sure look, people can make threads about whatever they want provided it's in the rules.

I’m sure the Nazi party didn’t really mean to exterminate the Jews it was just all that undue stress from fighting a war on multiple fronts that they chose for themselves.

And 4 pages in, you Godwin your own thread.

We can include or exclude AGS if you like. I don’t have any explicit knowledge of AGS racism.

But yet you say police. Which includes all police. So, if you are talking about American police, then specify thanks.

My main bone of contention is that the same people pushing racist narratives (in those linked threads) are the same ones in here complaining that racism is being exposed or reported on.

Now I don't think I need to connect the dots on why those two things might be related and why they're in here, desperately deflecting and crying that this instance needs to be ignored but I will if it, unfortunately, comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Please elaborate and actually add some proof to your disgusting allegations which if continue would be classed as defamation of character....

Who's character though?

Do you feel defamed by Harry's comment?
    Or is it someone else he is defaming?

What part of Harry's very general comment identifies any poster in particular?

• Advertisement

My main bone of contention is that the same people pushing racist narratives (in those linked threads) are the same ones in here complaining that racism is being exposed or reported on.

Now I don't think I need to connect the dots on why those two things might be related and why they're in here, desperately deflecting and crying that this instance needs to be ignored but I will if it, unfortunately, comes to that.

The only poster I can see trying to paint a racist narrative in this thread has been the opening poster. No connecting dots necessary, they came straight out with it in an attempt to suggest that police in the US are racist, on the back of this one example. It’s an extrapolation that isn’t worth being taken seriously.

Now I don't think I need to connect the dots on why those two things might be related and why they're in here, desperately deflecting and crying that this instance needs to be ignored but I will if it, unfortunately, comes to it.

Who are these posters, and what are the racist narratives being pushed in the other thread? People are complaining that the thread has little to know relevance to Ireland, or even Europe. Alongside this, there are also plenty of US based threads were this story could've been placed and commented on.

I've given reasons why the threads you mentioned do have some relevance (or the majority do, they don't all). But as you pointed out, there are plenty of US based threads were this story could've been placed, the George Floyd one in particular as it has direct relevance to shoddy policing in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I tried to criticise the actions of some AntiFa protestors and got so much **** about them not being one homogeneous group and therefore can't be criticised as a group, is it not fair to say the same about police? There surely are racist police, lots of evidence of that, but that's separate from all police as a group.

banie01 wrote: »
    Who's character though?

Do you feel defamed by Harry's comment?
    Or is it someone else he is defaming?

What part of Harry's very general comment identifies any poster in particular?

Calling people racist and no proof and no reason to say so as nothing racist has been posted.

Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The OP does seem a bit OTT to me. Like it's trying to provoke a reaction to have an argument with just for the sake of it.

And 4 pages in, you Godwin your own thread.

You gotta rip that bandage off early.

What's the story with mainly white women and lgbtyq groups or people at all these marches and that?

Who are these posters, and what are the racist narratives being pushed in the other thread? People are complaining that the thread has little to know relevance to Ireland, or even Europe. Alongside this, there are also plenty of US based threads were this story could've been placed and commented on.

I've given reasons why the threads you mentioned do have some relevance (or the majority do, they don't all). But as you pointed out, there are plenty of US based threads were this story could've been placed, the George Floyd one in particular as it has direct relevance to shoddy policing in America.
    Oh look the usual insinuation of racism/xenophobia. Quelle suprise. Challenging the aft unchallenged idea of diversity being simply great, or asking for evidence of it being a benefit to society, is not xenophobic.

See, things like that just demonstrate a little too clearly that you're not asking in good faith. If you're the kind of person to parrot memes like that, you're the kind of person who'd just dismiss any examples I might provide.

Spot the right wingers in the thread...

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    I tried to criticise the actions of some AntiFa protestors and got so much **** about them not being one homogeneous group and therefore can't be criticised as a group, is it not fair to say the same about police? There surely are racist police, lots of evidence of that, but that's separate from all police as a group.

Of course, but as long as good police stay silent for bad they are all in the same mud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement