Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops dream of slaughtering “N****ers” (but policing isn’t racist*)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Overheal wrote: »
    Wilmington NC yesterday terminated Corporal Jessie Moore and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmor for their involvement in a police dash cam recording that was activated on accident.

Discussing 2 black colleagues:

Denigrating an arrestee based on race:

And just straight up advocation of genocide:

But yeah no I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with police culture definitely no racism there

The conversation as recorded by the camera went on for 46 minutes. The fired officers claim they aren’t racist and it was just ‘stress’ that caused them to say such racist things.

They are private citizens now who still have a right to carry firearms.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cops-fired-for-discussing-slaughtering-them-f-n-say-they-arent-racists/

is this your full time job or just an obsessive hobby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What's the story with mainly white women and lgbtyq groups or people at all these marches and that?

What do you think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only poster I can see trying to paint a racist narrative in this thread has been the opening poster. No connecting dots necessary, they came straight out with it in an attempt to suggest that police in the US are racist, on the back of this one example. It’s an extrapolation that isn’t worth being taken seriously.
    How dare I suggest there are racist police in the US off the back of a smoking gun example to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Mission accomplished, it seems. The thread's mostly been dragged off-topic and yet still they continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

What's the story with mainly white women and lgbtyq groups or people at all these marches and that?

I'd guess the white men are alienated from being told they are racist by default all the time and we're a white country so most of the people there would be white. And LGBT+ groups seem to support others they feel have their own struggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Calling people racist and no proof and no reason to say so as nothing racist has been posted.

Bizarre

I'm lost, he said.
    The racists of boards.ie do keep revealing themselves.

Noone was called racist, nothing other than an inference as to who is, or is not a racist can be drawn from what he said.

That inference would be based solely on the bias of the person drawing it.

So I'm at a loss as to who was called racist?
    Or am I missing the obvious in that you are inferring he meant you?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    is this your full time job or just an obsessive hobby ?

I’m not sure why you have some sort of personal issue with me but bless your heart.

Amazing the things you’d rather talk about, like digs at me, as opposed to actually engaging the subject matter.

Of course, but as long as good police stay silent for bad they are all in the same mud.

I disagree. It can be difficult as an individual to fight against something. It's not the responsibility of any individual to risk their career and income. Sure it's honourable if they do but people can't be blamed for protecting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Of course, but as long as good police stay silent for bad they are all in the same mud.

They’re not? You chose to put them there by suggesting anyone who isn’t a racist is guilty by association, because “police culture” or some such.

How dare I suggest there are racist police in the US off the back of a smoking gun example to that effect.

The problem isn't you suggested there are racist police. It's that you suggested police are racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It’s weird the way you can tar certain groups with the one brush but not others.

GarIT wrote: »
    I disagree. It can be difficult as an individual to fight against something. It's not the responsibility of any individual to risk their career and income. Sure it's honourable if they do but people can't be blamed for protecting themselves.

So they’re held hostage to the system from within?

Y'know, the funniest thing is this: you have the usual names oft repeating that there seems to be some kind of off-site concerted effort to suppress totally-not-racist narratives. And yet in a thread documenting the existence of racism, there's a very sudden and very obvious glut of people rushing in to dismiss the idea that there should be a thread at all.

If I was more suspicious, I might say there's an off-site concerted effort going on but it's not among the people who take issue with racism.

But I'd be careful not to say something like that. c:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I’m not sure why you have some sort of personal issue with me but bless your heart.

Amazing the things you’d rather talk about, like digs at me, as opposed to actually engaging the subject matter.

do you feel persecuted ?

you only have one agenda so far as I and many other posters can see ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You're suggesting Policing Is racist. Not just these three cnuts, and your title doesn't specify US police.

It's lazy sweeping generalisations that are sh*t, on all sides of arguments, and I am normally in broad agreement with what you post.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

It’s weird the way you can tar certain groups with the one brush but not others.

Blue is a uniform, not a race. Nobody is born a police officer. You cannot he fired from being Black (well, Rachel Dolezal...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

See, things like that just demonstrate a little too clearly that you're not asking in good faith. If you're the kind of person to parrot memes like that, you're the kind of person who'd just dismiss any examples I might provide.

What memes am I parroting? And what is wrong with what you quoted me saying exactly? There is nothing racist or xenophobic with challenging the idea that 'diversity', this in relation to cultural diversity, is not as fantastic as some people think it is. Do you disagree?

But anyway, don't be a moral coward and tell us who these racist posters are and what they have said that is racist. Do you thnk I am, seeing as only 3 people had posted before you talked about the 'usual posters'?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Fairly obvious that the idea that policing is racist applies to the context not just of the OP, but also to the related existing threads (George Floyd and so on), which is USA.

Still a generalisation though.

So they’re held hostage to the system from within?

Possibly yeah. Like the guy 4 days on the job, being trained by the guys who killed George Floyd. I don't really blame him for not stopping it, it can be very difficult to fight authority like that.

Blue is a uniform, not a race. Nobody is born a police officer. You cannot he fired from being Black (well, Rachel Dolezal...)

So the good police should give up their jobs to avoid being called racist and leave policing to the racists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My head hurts....

I wonder is the wearing of masks causing people to lose many brain cells and end up talking stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Police forces all over the world have a tendency to attract power-hungry bullies and what are essentially violent thugs looking for a badge to legitimize their thuggery.

What happened there was horrible. Make no mistake, though, if there were were no blacks around these lads would be beating poor whites.

What memes am I parroting?
    There is nothing racist or xenophobic with challenging the idea that 'diversity', this in relation to cultural diversity, is not as fantastic as some people think it is.

Nobody is labelled 'racist' or 'xenophobic' just because they take issue with diversity. And you know that as much as I do. It's a meme pushed by certain people who would like to spread the idea that they're being silenced for having supposedly reasonable views.
    But anyway, don't be a moral coward and tell us who these racist posters are and what they have said that is racist. Do you thnk I am, seeing as only 3 people had posted before you talked about the 'usual posters'?

Ouch! "Moral coward", goodness I don't think I'll ever recover from that one.

You're going to have to lay better bait than that, though. I've been dealing with people like yourself far longer than you seem to think and I'm not so easily baited into giving you the response you want.

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    Police forces all over the world have a tendency to attract power-hungry bullies and what are essentially violent thugs looking for a badge to legitimize their thuggery.

What happened there was horrible. Make no mistake, though, if there were were no blacks around these lads would be beating poor whites.

Usually they tend to be those that were bullied actually but the USA has a major issue as many are ex soldiers and have seen things and done things no human should ever have to.

Unfortunately they come back as robots or seriously unwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Wilmington NC yesterday terminated Corporal Jessie Moore and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmor for their involvement in a police dash cam recording that was activated on accident.

Discussing 2 black colleagues:

Denigrating an arrestee based on race:

And just straight up advocation of genocide:

But yeah no I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with police culture definitely no racism there

The conversation as recorded by the camera went on for 46 minutes. The fired officers claim they aren’t racist and it was just ‘stress’ that caused them to say such racist things.

They are private citizens now who still have a right to carry firearms.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cops-fired-for-discussing-slaughtering-them-f-n-say-they-arent-racists/

3 years ago a Black rapper brought out a song with the chorus below. Therefore all black people want to kill police.

Is that how this works?

[Hook]
    KIll The Police, Kill, Kill, Kill The Police
    A bullet to them, or a knife to go through them
    I said Kill The Police, Kill, Kill, Kill The Police

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Usually they tend to be those that were bullied actually but the USA has a major issue as many are ex soldiers and have seen things and done things no human should ever have to.

Unfortunately they come back as robots or seriously unwell.

Yeah, I met a few ex-US Military and ex-Brit squaddies whose brains are fried. It may be PTSD in some cases and have just never been able to turn off the part of their brain that was "trained" to dehumanize anyone not in their uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Nobody is labelled 'racist' or 'xenophobic' just because they take issue with diversity. And you know that as much as I do. It's a meme pushed by certain people who would like to spread the idea that they're being silenced for having supposedly reasonable views.

Not immediately no, but the accusation is never far away. It is sometimes used as an attempt to shame people into silenc, yes. But ultimately one has to have the courage of their convictions to say what they believe or think. Really it just makes for poor discussion though.

Ouch! "Moral coward", goodness I don't think I'll ever recover from that one.

You're going to have to lay better bait than that, though. I've been dealing with people like yourself far longer than you seem to think and I'm not so easily baited into giving you the response you want.

I'm not laying bait. You said the words so tell us who these racists are. 'People like me'? What does that mean? Do you think I am a racist? You cannot get carded for saying you do or do not since I asked you the question. But surely if I am, you can point us all to posts that shows this.

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I met a few ex-US Military and ex-Brit squaddies whose brains are fried. It may be PTSD in some cases and have just never been able to turn off the part of their brain that was "trained" to dehumanize anyone not in their uniform.

And I don't mean to tar all them the same but they don't have enough help.and services to cope after.

Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

This is in America right?
    Why you have you posted this on boards.ie. Is there no American equivalent for you?
    coinop wrote: »
    I remember Boards used to have an American Politics sub forum to move this trash to so the rest of us could ignore it. What ever happened to it?

dont see how thats relevant. discuss the case if you like on its merits surely?

personally, i will read the articles before reaching a conclusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement