Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McQuillan Tools

Options
  • 25-06-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Has anyone had any dealings with McQuillan Tools? I ordered a sander from their website on May 31st. Status still shows awaiting fulfilment. I rang them ten days ago and was told that they sent it to DPD but they must have lost it?

They said they would send another one but still nothing. Rang today and had a rude response on the phone from a person who said they would call me back. No word since this morning.

Thinking of cancelling the order and trying for a refund at this stage. Nearly four weeks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

McQuillans have been around for donkeys years. I’ve bought tools off them in their shop on Capel Street but never online. They are a very reputable retail business but I suppose that’s no guarantee of a good online experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Used them in store in Capel Street and Blanchardstown repeatedly; would probably guess that my entire toolbox in work is from there... but never online so can't give any insights on that specifically. Lots of Irish stores have limited resources for their online store; potentially one staff member doing it part time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Why not send them an email.

Subject line = your order number, give a simple query and you will find you'll get a better response.

Calling people and expecting for them to immediately be able to answer your question is not reasonable. And we don't know how you approached it or how you sounded to the person who answered.

I always find there's your story, their story and the real story.

Emailing and providing the order number in the subject line will make it easier to respond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I ordered a hedge trimmer from them back in April - had it 2 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I never got a reply to my email from weeks ago but credit where credit is due. I got through to an absolute gent working there, and he sorted me out. Supplier had never delivered the item to them. Got a refund straight away and a follow up call to make sure it went through. He's also going to call me back when it's in stock.

Shouldn't have doubted them based on my initial experience, glad to see it matches every one elses comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

silver2020 wrote: »
    Why not send them an email.

Subject line = your order number, give a simple query and you will find you'll get a better response.

Calling people and expecting for them to immediately be able to answer your question is not reasonable. And we don't know how you approached it or how you sounded to the person who answered.

I always find there's your story, their story and the real story.

Emailing and providing the order number in the subject line will make it easier to respond to.

If they cannot immediately answer a query, although I don’t see in this situation why they couldn’t or shouldn’t have been able to, they should be professional, proactive and customer focused enough to say... “ sir / madam, I’m not quite sure what the root cause of the delay is, but if you give me some time, I’m going to investigate and call you back, can I reach you on this number ? ok, great. “

Seems like again any and every instance where an employee or company needs to invest some time and effort into correcting a fûckup or helping somebody regarding a problem is a big deal and effort, when did this become a thing ?... the company was paid, they haven’t delivered... prioritize the customer whose money you have taken and do your poxy job.

And an email ? The company have been contacted, to enable them to fix an error or oversight, job done. Not everyone especially older people use email.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I rang them ten days ago and was told that they sent it to DPD but they must have lost it?
    Shouldn't have doubted them based on my initial experience, glad to see it matches every one elses comments.

Id hardly call being lied to in the initial call and then the next person being rude , in any way a positive experience. A third person eventually doing the basics of customer service wouldn't be my idea of redeeming tbh.

Advertisement