Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

c1ogaxxm6co51.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Jamie Redknapp: "He's got into, what I call, 'a great position' there."

Wooh, slow down there Jamie, can't keep up with ya.

Redknapp was wired, I noticed it a few times. I've never seen him bounce around like that. If he'd have moved that much on the pitch he'd have gotten injured.

Fab, was just Fab. Immense.

Here's one for OsmosisJones to maybe get a gif of. If you watch back the second goal, Bobby is pointing and shouting at someone off screen. Just as Mane nicks the ball Bobby starts smiling and laughing before the shot is even taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Q. What do you want to be when you grow up?
    A. Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I though my Firmino was also very good today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Frank is a mess, he really is. An embarrassing mess.

I give him 5 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2 wins from 2 for the CHAMPIONS

36 more to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturehgd.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Klopp's smile when asked about Fabinho :)

so contagious!

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Klopp's smile when asked about Fabinho :)

so contagious!

Fab done great. No aerial threat from Chelsea though, was all on the ground, that suited Fab.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well that was easy, how good was fabinho ,thought he was superb with Werner in his pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What's he after saying this time?

Well saying it wasn't a definite red card was ridiculous.

It's amazing how the media seem to view him as a top manager despite having done nothing.

I think he could be found out this season if he doesn't get these new signings to gel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Frank is seen as a top manager by virtue of being at Chelsea, but he's not at Chelsea on any sort of merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

dilallio wrote: »
    Was very nervous before this game, especially after some very poor individual performances against Leeds.

Huge improvement today. Fabby was immense - kept his head early on in one on ones, and kept his concentration throughout the game.

Thiago looked like he was playing with this team for ages.

If there was any doubt whether Liverpool would be able to lift their performance to the levels of last season, they answered that question emphatically today.

I was nervous after Leeds last week about this game but after the two signings this week, I was like nah this Liverpool side is miles ahead.

Fabinho for Liverpool against Chelsea:⁣

• Most passes completed (86)
    • Most recoveries (12)
    • Most interceptions (4)
    • Most clearances (4)

Man of the Match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Frank is seen as a top manager by virtue of being at Chelsea, but he's not at Chelsea on any sort of merit.

Agreed but when I say top manager I mean in terms of ability rather than the job he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Frank by virtue of being English will get a by from too much criticism. Young English manager and all that bull. In his defence, it will take time to get a team that new to be comfortable together. Considering the investment, Roman will expect top 2 this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

By the final whistle, I was just a little disappointed we didnt at least add a 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thiago's ability to receive the ball control it and change direction in the one movement just makes the build up so much sharper
    The tempo just doesn't let up and means the team defending can never have a break or stand still

I take it that Thiago won't be playing against Lincoln on Thursday now!?

Arsenal on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I take it that Thiago won't be playing against Lincoln on Thursday now!?

Arsenal on Monday.

What we think the team will be, hard to guess the CBS

Adrian
    Neco?,?, Tsimakas

Milner, Jones. ?

Jota, Takki, Origi or Elliot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    By the final whistle, I was just a little disappointed we didnt at least add a 3rd.

Me too when it was done and dusted. Wouldn’t have flattered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Would Wilson not be worth a look?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

cj maxx wrote: »
    Me too when it was done and dusted. Wouldn’t have flattered them.

Had an over 2.5 goals bet for the 4 games today, so it was all the more annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fabinho was unreal today, ridiculously good. Even VVD looked good playing alongside him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

monkey9 wrote: »
    Fabinho was unreal today, ridiculously good. Even VVD looked good playing alongside him....

He was . Maybe too good for his own good. He may be pencilled in as a cb from now on to save buying someone to cover for matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cj maxx wrote: »
    He was . Maybe too good for his own good. He may be pencilled in as a cb from now on to save buying someone to cover for matip

If that is the case, i'd say that was the plan even before today, today may have been just confirmation that he can take Lovern's place as the 4th choice centre back if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Imagine in a parallel universe spending more money than we did on Allison and VVD and ending up with Kepa and Maguire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

• Advertisement

Safe to say I have a man crush on Thiago.

People were saying we may not need him etc... but I think he's gave the whole club a serious buzz.

EiYGXYwXkAMUKZa?format=jpg&name=medium

QktU3_gy?format=jpg&name=small

Suarez or Cavani would be great super subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Suarez or Cavani would be great super subs

Would've liked either, but I'd say Jota is our cover across the front 3. Grand with that - I don't think he'll quite be pushing to replace any of the front 3, but a very versatile hardworking option that can come in for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Should fab now be considered the greatest cb in the world now after the way he took virgil under his wing today lol!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Only caught the last few sentences when I got in the van earlier but did I hear Cunningham on off the ball questioning Thiago and saying he wouldn't have him in his Liverpool starting 11? (got very little but I took it to mean going forward, not just right now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would've liked either, but I'd say Jota is our cover across the front 3. Grand with that - I don't think he'll quite be pushing to replace any of the front 3, but a very versatile hardworking option that can come in for any of them.

Yeah I can't see us bringing anyone else in apart from a CB (hopefully). Origi and Shaqiri to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Only caught the last few sentences when I got in the van earlier but did I hear Cunningham on off the ball questioning Thiago and saying he wouldn't have him in his Liverpool starting 11? (got very little but I took it to mean going forward, not just right now)

Cunningham is a idiot. The Forest Gump of football.

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »

Is he still using the phrase 'at this particular moment in time' ?

City already 6 points behind us and playing catch up. Great start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think the majority of these pundits could be described in similar terms so he is no worse than most, particularly those employed by Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Third best team in the league beaten at home in 3rd gear! I'd fear for everyone when we really get going ðŸ˜႒ City are going to have to be at their best to have any chance to beat us. Hopefully this result will be replaying in their heads tomorrow night!

• Advertisement

Unreal and not to take anything away from Mane but Ronaldo was only 22/23 playing in the premier league. He really pushed on after he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not a bad debut for a lad who is to old and injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looking at Mane's second goal and he is not happy when he gives a bad pass to firminio and chases kepa down like a man possessed,great to see

Imagine in a parallel universe spending more money than we did on Allison and VVD and ending up with Kepa and Maguire

After that showing yesterday Utd could finish behind all of Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs, Everton and even a few others. The club is in a serious downward spiral. Complete disarray from top to the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

After that showing yesterday Utd could finish behind all of Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Everton and even a few others. The club is in a serious downward spiral. Complete disarray from top to the bottom.

And absolutely nothing will change until Ole is given the boot. Watched his MOTD interview after the game and for once he had no excuses. Utd have plenty of money but they have nothing to attract talent right now. In danger of collecting money mercenaries. Can’t see them getting top 4 at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement