Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Speak Now wrote: »
    No way is that a rule!

I don't think it is. Sure Bob Paisley lifted a League cup for us when he was retiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Speak Now wrote: »
    No way is that a rule!

I'm just going by Champions League. Roy Keane was captain in 1999 but Schmeichel lifted the trophy, the same with Lampard in 2012 with Terry suspended.

I can't think of any recent examples with the league being won and the club captain being injured for the finish of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't think it is. Sure Bob Paisley lifted a League cup for us when he was retiring.

And you often see injured club captains lifting trophies instead of or with the captain on the day.

If he does has sprained medial ligaments, as the rumour says, it'd probably put paid to the shuffle, but he may be able to lift it unless on crutches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

5starpool wrote: »
    And you often see injured club captains lifting trophies instead of or with the captain on the day.

If he does has sprained medial ligaments, as the rumour says, it'd probably put paid to the shuffle, but he may be able to lift it unless on crutches.

2020 strikes again

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Also think it was the FA Cup n 2001 Jamie Redknapp lifted the trophy despite being crocked for the season

He sure did
    h_00369969.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Only sensible thing to do is swap in Clint Dempsey for the trophy lift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great news that Henderson doesn't need surgery and should be back for the start of next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Klopp has confirmed that Henderson will be lifting the trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Unfortunately following the knee injury I picked up against Brighton on Wednesday I will now miss the last two weeks of the season. However, my rehabilitation will start immediately and I’ll be working hard to be back to full fitness in just a matter of weeks in order to be fully ready for the start of the new season.

Of course it’s not the way I’d have preferred to have finished the season on a personal level but it’s been an incredible campaign for us so far as a team and as a club and I’ll be doing everything I can to support the boys for the final games from the sidelines. I’m sure the lads will ensure we finish the season off on a high.

Thanks to everyone for the messages of support and I look forward to being back our there as soon as possible.

#YNWA ❤️

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Unfortunately following the knee injury I picked up against Brighton on Wednesday I will now miss the last two weeks of the season. However, my rehabilitation will start immediately and I’ll be working hard to be back to full fitness in just a matter of weeks in order to be fully ready for the start of the new season.

Of course it’s not the way I’d have preferred to have finished the season on a personal level but it’s been an incredible campaign for us so far as a team and as a club and I’ll be doing everything I can to support the boys for the final games from the sidelines. I’m sure the lads will ensure we finish the season off on a high.

Thanks to everyone for the messages of support and I look forward to being back our there as soon as possible.

#YNWA ❤️

I *KNEW* some players did read and post here!

Love you Jordan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

FitzShane wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself. Bring him on in the 93rd minute or whatever it is. Runs the risk of making the injury worse though.

I'm not sure if you are allowed to lift the trophy if you are not in the match day squad.

Bring him on to just stand by the sideline, literally 1cm on the pitch, and don't play the ball anywhere near him.

or just sub him on, and play with 10 men, with Jordan stood next to Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Champions league draw is a bit of a sickener. Wouldn’t be unfair to say we were one Adrian away from at least a semi final and a good chance of another final.

5starpool wrote: »
    I *KNEW* some players did read and post here!

Love you Jordan!

thank you mate, love you too.

now change that username to 6starpool, I didn't lift that trophy with my dodgy knees for it not to be even acknowledged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Can he not just do a John Terry on it

Also think it was the FA Cup n 2001 Jamie Redknapp lifted the trophy despite being crocked for the season

John Terry did an Alan Hansen. He was injured in 1990 but came on in his full kit to lift the trophy.

well if Djibril's wearing them them I'm getting a pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Champions league draw is a bit of a sickener. Wouldn’t be unfair to say we were one Adrian away from at least a semi final and a good chance of another final.

For 100 minutes of that game we where unbelievable, one of the best performances I've seen this team put in, complete control of the game and then Adrian happened :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Imagine not being top of the league.

Fromvert wrote: »
    For 100 minutes of that game we where unbelievable, one of the best performances I've seen this team put in, complete control of the game and then Adrian happened :rolleyes:

Agree 100 percent. I had resigned myself to the fact that we were going out when news broke of Alisson missing the game but this team are so far ahead of everyone else that they were having none of it until Adrian took matters into his own hands. I’d be fairly confident if the game had been postponed we’d be going through when it was played.

Still shocks me that we built up such a lead relying on him at the start of the season but we’re so far ahead of everyone that he could have Adrianed nearly every game and we’d still be top.

Agree 100 percent. I had resigned myself to the fact that we were going out when news broke of Alisson missing the game but this team are so far ahead of everyone else that they were having none of it until Adrian took matters into his own hands. I’d be fairly confident if the game had been postponed we’d be going through when it was played.

Still shocks me that we built up such a lead relying on him at the start of the season but we’re so far ahead of everyone that he could have Adrianed nearly every game and we’d still be top.

We could have thrown him in for the last 9 games also & let him Adrian the whole lot of them.

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1280026114669215751?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Full Kit Wanker?

It certainly deserves consideration.

Jersey and trackie bottoms looks the biz for that.
    I'm just going by Champions League. Roy Keane was captain in 1999 but Schmeichel lifted the trophy, the same with Lampard in 2012 with Terry suspended.

I can't think of any recent examples with the league being won and the club captain being injured for the finish of the season.

Those were one off matches, could have gone either way. We've known for weeks that Hendo will be lifting the trophy on that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Isn't it great that at this stage of the season the only thing we're worrying about is who's going to lift the trophy?

I presume Roy Keane and John Terry couldn't lift the trophy because they were suspended and it would be against the rules,different story for hendo cuz it is an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I presume Roy Keane and John Terry couldn't lift the trophy because they were suspended and it would be against the rules,different story for hendo cuz it is an injury

John Terry did lift it in 2012... he and Lampard lifted it together side by side, with Terry pulling off his famous full kit wanker routine despite not being in the match day squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Even if it is a rule who cares. What will the PL do if Henderson comes on to the pitch when he's not supposed to? Fine the club? I'm sure they have better things to worry about right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Always find it funny how Terry constantly gets brought up when the celebrations get mentioned but Ivanovic doesnt get any of the same sneering.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to watching the Champions again tomorrow :).

The Champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guys I am just back from my latest "holiday".

Has anything happened in the last few weeks ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Always find it funny how Terry constantly gets brought up when the celebrations get mentioned but Ivanovic doesnt get any of the same sneering.

Ivanovic didn't sleep with his buddys wife AFAIK

Ivanovic had garnered a bit of sympathy after the Geoff Shreeves thing.

Terry just embodies what most people dislike about Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ebbsy wrote: »
    Guys I am just back from my latest "holiday".

Has anything happened in the last few weeks ??

You're at least the third regular to have been banned for the big (non) day!

We should form a support group for the emotional distraught

• Advertisement

You're at least the third regular to have been banned for the big (non) day!

We should form a support group for the emotional distraught

I think any meetings would be picketed by the coincidental timing support group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

fyfe79 wrote: »
    He should put on a Man Utd jersey and just fall over in the box when's he's up for a corner. He'll get a pen no bother.

I posted this the other day about the possibility of Gomez finally getting on the score-sheet. I felt falling over might be the best way to win a pen - obviously I thought a two-footed stamp on a defender was a suggestion too far!

I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I think any meetings would be picketed by the coincidental timing support group.

The 1 of them? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ivanovic had garnered a bit of sympathy after the Geoff Shreeves thing.

Terry just embodies what most people dislike about Chelsea.

Am I the only one who when I hear of Ivanovic think of that clip with Hazard laughing at his accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

6 wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching the Champions again tomorrow :).

(Checks what channel its on) BT Sports, thank you god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will be a tough game against Burnley tomorrow, they are rock solid at the back. It is also a six pointer in terms of where the Golden Glove will end up, Allison or Nick Pope. A Liverpool win with a clean sheet will level it up for Alli with 14 clean sheets apiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

But why? Because John Terry.

ERG89 wrote: »
    (Checks what channel its on) BT Sports, thank you god.

no Martin Tyler, thank fcuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When do we get to lift the trophy? Last game?

Vicxas wrote: »

Second last,last home game against chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Vicxas wrote: »

Yea, I have a banner thats on the kop. The club were onto us saying all banners need to be fireproofed for the Chelsea game or taken down.

BBC One tonight after MOTD - Gary Lineker personal tribute to Alan Hansen public life and career with friends and family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

BBC One tonight after MOTD - Gary Lineker personal tribute to Alan Hansen public life and career with friends and family.

I didn't know he was dead.

He's not you I just got Tobied.

Glen Johnson letting us know on SSN we have been luckier than City this year with the injuries and we're not 23 points better. Although City have an easier game during the week, so he may be right.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yea, I have a banner thats on the kop. The club were onto us saying all banners need to be fireproofed for the Chelsea game or taken down.

If that's the banner I think it is, I love it.

I wonder what kind of team plays today?

Bit of rotation again I would think.

I think Lovren starts this game, giving Gomez a rest before Arsenal mid week which is the tougher game on paper. Robertson should come back in too.

Think Keita plays 60 again, to keep him ticking over playing well but also keep him fresh for Arsenal. Gini comes back in. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jones and/or Ox too as I would go with the same 3 midfield again for Arsenal now that Henderson is out.

Up front, Mane back in and Minamino gets a start with the 2 boys for the first time. Firmino gets a rest before Arsenal, but he'll play some part to give Salah a rest.

Alisson
    TAA Lovren VVD Robbo
    Keita Fabinho Gini
    Salah Minamino Mane

I wouldn't like to tell Golden Boot chasing Mo I'm resting him.

Looks about right that line up.

I think it'll be the sort of game where there is little scope for bringing the kids on, 1 goal in it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to tell Golden Boot chasing Mo I'm resting him.

Just had a quick look and the only players to ever win 3 Golden Boots in a row are Shearer and Henry, good company if he manages it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He's not you I just got Tobied.

Glen Johnson letting us know on SSN we have been luckier than City this year with the injuries and we're not 23 points better. Although City have an easier game during the week, so he may be right.

That and City have about 200m on the bench to cope with injuries. What a bitter muppet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement