Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No chance of the 101 points, Chelsea were by all accounts brutal tonight and Arsenal are also dodgy and Newcastle could go either way right now but there's no room for manoeuvre in any event.

It's mad people that Will be disappointed,
    101 points is insane amount of points
    We should be absolutely delighted it's even possible with 3 games to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I know it's mad but so many want it and will go "bah" when/if it fails to materialise. I couldn't give a fook and with that in mind really hope he continues to play the kids and indeed Minamino who needs the time but isn't really getting it. Still maybe it's all part of the Klopp Diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

There's obviously no major flaws with this team and the league is won so today's disappointing result doesn't really matter, but it has to be said that sheer wastefulness of the front three at times should be of some concern to Klopp. How many chances were thrown away today? 26 shots but only 1 goal. This game should have been dead and buried like so many others throughout the year but no one was clinical in front of goal and so many good goal scoring opportunities were wasted. Burnley played well and rightly punished us, coming close to beating us but it's disappointing to lose the 100% home record at this very late stage, along with the fact that exceeding 100 points is now highly unlikely.

Disappointing afternoon but seeing that video of Robbo confronting the ref's actually cheered me up - great to see someone actually ask these incompetent pricks what they're all there for if they can't do their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Salah has 9 assist this season,
    He also had more than Mane last season

Salah having more assists then Mane doesn’t prove he is less selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

At this stage just want the season over and done with,
    Some Of our players need a rest

Mad to think we are so far ahead when I think Salah and Firmino have had poor seasons by there standards

They still been great compared to 90,% of the rest of the league but certainly room for improvement by them next season

They were off for months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

being greedy is what they're paid to do
    Fowler was greedy and I loved him for it, Salah does get more criticism both foreign and domestic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

https://streamable.com/npv1fu
    Robbo not happy
    Not sure if link will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gimli2112 wrote: »
    being greedy is what they're paid to do

Theyre not though. Theyre paid to play (and win) as a team.

A striker being greedy and always taking a shot on themselves results in fewer goals all round (including themselves because they may well get the ball back in a better position after passing). Having a shot from a position where its only got a minuscule chance of going in while there are much better positioned team mates might look great for highlight reels the odd time they do go in, but stick it in the middle of the dozens of similar chances that come to nothing and its doesnt look so good.

No one needs the Cisse method of running with the ball and cannoning the shot against the defender standing in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I play Warzone a lot and every time we lose someone tells me how we should have done things differently. Every time we win we tell each other how great we are. You also don't hit any shot you do not take.

I'll continue to support our "greedy" strikers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I play Warzone a lot and every time we lose someone tells me how we should have done things differently. Every time we win we tell each other how great we are. You also don't hit any shot you do not take.

It's easy to support those decision when you're winning the majority of your games. Tbf if I was Mane or Salah now I'd be shooting on sight considering the job is already done and now it's just for the Golden Boot.

But I find it hard to believe you'd continue to support them if they were constantly shooting and making bad decisions and missing.

I enjoyed the comparison to games very much tho, but you should always play the highest % chance so i.e if a 'knacker goal' is on in FIFA it's the right play :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its a weird thing to cling to.

Its not a choice between taking stupid shots on or nothing. If they all play percentages and tee each other up when their own shot is a remote possibility of hitting the target properly while one of the others has a free run at the goal, everyone scores more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

On another day Salah would have had 7. Pretty wasteful from him yesterday, had it tripped over and fell he'd have missed the ground and landed on Firmino.
    He just could not find the back of the net. He could have over taking Vardy yesterday with all his chances.
    Reminded me of the Everton game last season, everything but score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »
    very tough to take.
    We are only 24 points clear PL champions & world champions.

If only we had a player called Bruno who gets penalties when he tackles someone.

I know I'm gonna get one now because acknowledging cards is a card in itself but the fact that this comment got a yellow feels like a pretty big moderating issue to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I know I'm gonna get one now because acknowledging cards is a card in itself but the fact that this comment got a yellow feels like a pretty big moderating issue to me.

OFF!! OFF!! OFF!! OFF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ERG89 wrote: »
    OFF!! OFF!! OFF!! OFF!!!

Are you sure you can acknowledge a post which is acknowledging a card?

In fact, I'm not even sure if I should be acknowledging a post which is acknowledging a post which is acknowledging a card. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod note :

Move on please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there a clip of the Robbo penalty shout anywhere? My stream didnt show a replay and then on MOTD last night they were about to show it but said they ran out of time. Some saying it was stonewall, if thats the case what was VAR doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is there a clip of the Robbo penalty shout anywhere? My stream didnt show a replay and then on MOTD last night they were about to show it but said they ran out of time. Some saying it was stonewall, if thats the case what was VAR doing?

https://twitter.com/mxgesticmo/status/1282078697718251523?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Muahahaha wrote: »

Honestly once I saw the replay, I was ok with it. It was one of those where VAR was definitely going to back up whatever the refs initial decision was. He got the faintest touch on the ball with his toe before he scythed through Robbo. The tackle itself was on the cusp of being dangerous enough to be a foul regardless, but not obviously so.

Much more annoyed by the lino wrongly flagging Mane and Salah offside, when he had no need to, given how close it was and that he had VAR as a safety net if one of them was off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    artworks-000526769397-b2oq7x-t500x500.jpg

Yeah I thought the same after I posted it but will live in hope that people will ignore the caption (not mine) & just focus on the footage, which what was asked for.

Twitter search > Robertson penalty > videos

It was the first result with the clip rocked & ready.

Apologies.

I'm genuinely sick & tired of the other thing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Honestly once I saw the replay, I was ok with it. It was one of those where VAR was definitely going to back up whatever the refs initial decision was. He got the faintest touch on the ball with his toe before he scythed through Robbo. The tackle itself was on the cusp of being dangerous enough to be a foul regardless, but not obviously so.

Much more annoyed by the lino wrongly flagging Mane and Salah offside, when he had no need to, given how close it was and that he had VAR as a safety net if one of them was off.

Thanks for that.

I am only seeing the incident now and couldn't tell that there was a touch initially.

Is it a good thing Arsenal will go into our game on Wednesday with a loss?

~Rebel~ wrote: »

But there's no law in the game that says if you get a slight touch on the ball first, it's fine to foul a player.

Now if the defender puts his foot through the ball and sends it out of play, there's probably a justification for not awarding a foul as Robbo would have no hope of recovering the ball.

But yesterdays faintest touch does not alter the course of the ball and it's still in the vicinity for Robbo to get on it and do some damage. Instead he's been absolutely taken out.

It was a pen.

match day programme for our game V Chesea.

CHAMPIONS.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    match day programme for our game V Chesea.

CHAMPIONS.

The "CHELSEA FC" bit is too big, imo :pac:

fyfe79 wrote: »
    But there's no law in the game that says if you get a slight touch on the ball first, it's fine to foul a player.

Now if the defender puts his foot through the ball and sends it out of play, there's probably a justification for not awarding a foul as Robbo would have no hope of recovering the ball.

But yesterdays faintest touch does not alter the course of the ball and it's still in the vicinity for Robbo to get on it and do some damage. Instead he's been absolutely taken out.

It was a pen.

I'm not sure I agree.

Touch is a touch. No rule saying the touch must change the direction?

noodler wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree.

Touch is a touch. No rule saying the touch must change the direction?

But that's the thing, there's no rule at all (as far as I'm aware) that a touch of the ball negates a foul on a player.

It's obviously at the ref's discretion, but normally a ref would look at where the ball goes before making a decision. If the ball is thumped clear, no pen, but if it essentially just stays where it was, then it's a foul because the attacking player has been taken down and can't react to the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can't see us breaking points total now. Need 3 wins, would be great to have it, just for bragging rights.

Can't see us breaking points total now. Need 3 wins, would be great to have it, just for bragging rights.

No, would have been nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

fyfe79 wrote: »
    But that's the thing, there's no rule at all (as far as I'm aware) that a touch of the ball negates a foul on a player.

It's obviously at the ref's discretion, but normally a ref would look at where the ball goes before making a decision. If the ball is thumped clear, no pen, but if it essentially just stays where it was, then it's a foul because the attacking player has been taken down and can't react to the ball.

100%, after the touch Robertson is still favorite to get to the ball. By taking him out the defender stops this.

The "got a touch" thing isn't a rule

100%, after the touch Robertson is still favorite to get to the ball. By taking him out the defender stops this.

The "got a touch" thing isn't a rule

Then every slide tackle is illegal as there is always a contact afterwards.

It's always been the case that follow through after fairly.winning the ball is accepted (obviously excluding a raised foot/studs up).

It's always been the case that follow through after fairly.winning the ball is accepted (obviously excluding a raised foot/studs up).

But is getting a feint touch on a ball winning it? The ball didn't alter it's course/speed. It wasn't cleared. The only thing that was cleared from the situation was Robbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are taking down some of the banners in the Kop end at Anfield... apparently in order to build a stage/podium for the Premier League trophy presentation... ��#bbcfootball

https://twitter.com/ConorMcNamaraIE/status/1281990093180411906?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Is it a stupid question for me to ask why are they doing this? What’s wrong with the couple of acres grass they have in front of the kop?

Whatever mild, mild feelings of anti-climax I had when Chelsea beat City that night will be gone when I see the ribbons on the trophy and the lads lifting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I don't think it really matters. I think after the draw with Burnley, Klopp and the team will want to make amends. They'll be out for blood.

Anyway, Arsenal's hopes of top 4 are gone, they'd be better off concentrating on the FA cup game against City.

• Advertisement

This should make some happy.
    Zenit St Petersburg interested in signing Liverpool’s Dejan Lovren.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1282389325049737217?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He didn't win the ball, he touched the ball. Robertson would still be favourite to win.

I'm actually a bit relieved that Vardy scored again tonight to effectively put the Golden Boot out of Salah's reach. I got the impression he was trying too hard to score on Saturday to the point of ignoring better options. I know he's always looked to take a shot, but I think it was a little OTT against Burnley. With the pressure off a bit I think he'll relax a bit more and play his normal game against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They'll probably want to pay 5-8m and we won't be able to get anyone half as good for less than 20m. If it's to be a quiet window I'd rather our limited budget be spent on a back up LB and cover for the front three.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They'll probably want to pay 5-8m and we won't be able to get anyone half as good for less than 20m. If it's to be a quiet window I'd rather our limited budget be spent on a back up LB and cover for the front three.

Thiago in, Lovren out.

#michaeledwards

TitianGerm wrote: »

They are State owned by an oil company they won't be short of money.

• Advertisement

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I don't think it really matters. I think after the draw with Burnley, Klopp and the team will want to make amends. They'll be out for blood.

Anyway, Arsenal's hopes of top 4 are gone, they'd be better off concentrating on the FA cup game against City.

We shouldn’t be worried about them if they’re coming into the game on a ten game winning streak.

Only way they get something out of it is we’ve completely switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Delighted for Solanke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

doc_17 wrote: »
    Delighted for Solanke.

Big time. One would have been great for him but two will have him on cloud nine.

On the opposite end of the spectrum to Solanke not a great day for the Leicester manager. In a commanding position for 3rd place for most of the season but looking like throwing it away once it becomes expected rather than an overachievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

doc_17 wrote: »
    Delighted for Solanke.

That must be his first league goal since the one with us? Such a strange weekend for goal scorers this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement