Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Steve Caulker redux anyone? It's just a pity the youth CB's are as young as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That caulker signing was one of the most bizarre I can remember. Total pisshead he was, all over Liverpool he was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Came across this on Twitter they are supposed to be the Nike jersey's

EczSaITWsAAxOlU?format=jpg&name=large

that black one is very sexy & you can barely see it, it's teasing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

DVDM93 wrote: »
    that black one is very sexy & you can barely see it, it's teasing me.

The black jersey is definitely the best of a bad lot. Not a fan of the blue/green stripes on the red jersey.

The black jersey is definitely the best of a bad lot. Not a fan of the blue/green stripes on the red jersey.

I'm a Galway man so I'm screwed either way :D

It's either the green & red of Mayo or the blue of Everton.

the color on the crest/training kits ain't either, more of a teal, so expecting more of that color up close once it's released :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

the color on the crest/training kits ain't either, more of a teal, so expecting more of that color up close once it's released :)

Yeah you'd imagine it's similar to previous training stuff but I don't like the design either. Maybe I'm just being picky. Maybe we've just had a good run the last few years with lovely jerseys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    Goes back to the question would we get a better 4th choice CB? I don't think so

If Lovren is happy to play the role he did this year, then that's alright with me.

Yeah you'd imagine it's similar to previous training stuff but I don't like the design either. Maybe I'm just being picky. Maybe we've just had a good run the last few years with lovely jerseys!

last few years have been cracking alright, Nike can be guilty of repeating templates with jerseys too.

plenty of nice retro gear to be got if you decide you want something new but don't fancy any of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Am I missing something, why are there four jerseys? Isn't it usually three?

Knex* wrote: »
    If Lovren is happy to play the role he did this year, then that's alright with me.

until it comes down to a 1 point season again & he has one of his Lovren specials in a game that proves crucial.

I was all for the strictly 4th choice CB idea, but he was then picked ahead of Matip for the Watford game even though Matip minutes under his belt & bench appearances at that stage after his injury.

as long as he's here there's a chance he will get these appearances & he's just too much of a liability in that sense for me.

Fab is a better CB & that woukd be worst case scenario, so in reality he's my 5th choice & even at that I'm sure we'd benefit more from giving our youth a chance to develop at the expense of his position.

give him a job as the tea lady to keep him at the club & Salah happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jasonb wrote: »
    Am I missing something, why are there four jerseys? Isn't it usually three?

I think the black is home GK, the yellow one is our away GK one anyway

I've all 4 of this seasons jerseys.

The home one is real, long sleeve, no name on the back.

I was over in Turkey then in August & got the GK, the white & the black one. Alisson, Salah & Van Dijk on the backs.

I wouldn't normally get names on the back only all of them had names on them & not every player was available, just the select few.

€10 each, all the badges on them, look perfect.

nearly a year & many washes later all 3 are still in as good condition as the real one, names & badges still intact.

mad to think one cost me €80 or so & the other 3 with names, numbers & badges included €30 all in.

I also would like Andy to finish his career at Liverpool.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CClVEXthJ_9/?igshid=1d6808n9mhzo6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You heard him Edwards, get that 10 year contract sorted!

martyos121 wrote: »
    You heard him Edwards, get that 10 year contract sorted!

10 year & 1 day, let's make a statement here.

Patrick Mahomes wouldn't lace Robbo's boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Apologies if a re-post but couldn't see it on the thread.

Really well put together. Goosebumps stuff

https://twitter.com/RLFComps/status/1282332030634729472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

hehehe

boom

Fcks sake I saw the glaoting and thought Soton had won with a Dings screamer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looking like a last day shoot out for 4th with United and Leicester. Leicester are awful of late, handing 3 and now 4th away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've all 4 of this seasons jerseys.

The home one is real, long sleeve, no name on the back.

I was over in Turkey then in August & got the GK, the white & the black one. Alisson, Salah & Van Dijk on the backs.

I wouldn't normally get names on the back only all of them had names on them & not every player was available, just the select few.

€10 each, all the badges on them, look perfect.

nearly a year & many washes later all 3 are still in as good condition as the real one, names & badges still intact.

mad to think one cost me €80 or so & the other 3 with names, numbers & badges included €30 all in.

A tenner is all a polyester t-shirt is worth. I don't wear jerseys but I've bought the Chinese copies for the kids and they're no difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was anyone listening to Souness on Sky just now? Flicked back from Netflix and caught the end of the last line before it finished. Sounded like something serious?

Something along the lines of: "people thinking I'm something I'm not and it hurts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Came across this on Twitter they are supposed to be the Nike jersey's

EczSaITWsAAxOlU?format=jpg&name=large

Think they look fine, inoffensive and a little boring but good colours, always loved that green and I'm a big fan of yellow jerseys. Odd though that the home kit seems to have an iron on badge and swoosh rather than stitch like the others though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I hate both of those types of collars on Jerseys. Given that I buy jerseys nowadays to wear playing football, I doubt I'll be partaking this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Expecting to pay 70+ quid for a jersey that doesn’t even have a stitch crest is ridiculous. I do like the jerseys though. That green one in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    That caulker signing was one of the most bizarre I can remember. Total pisshead he was, all over Liverpool he was

Poor fella had awful addiction and mental illness issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Those jerseys are horrible imo.
    Poor shade of red for starters and a white stripe down the side! Why?
    Awful gawdy looking things. Round collars as well on the away ones. Shudder.
    Nike are developing a bit of a reputation for doing shyte generic jerseys. Looks like they were developed by 10yr olds in a primary school competition.

Those jerseys look like cheap knockoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

robwen wrote: »

That's absolutely brilliant. I watched that match tonight, it was really good. I love the play offs.

Akinfenwa is a massive Liverpool fan and in the post match interviews, he mentioned Klopp alright.

Those Wycombe lads are probably ordering shots right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i bought the home long sleeve jersey from China, i actually like it except the back of the collar - everytime i see it it annoys me.

Akinfenwa wore a full Liverpool kit in to Wycombe training the day after Liverpool won the league & happily took a fine for it too, legend!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-adebayo-akinfenwa-explains-liverpool-18583485.amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

6 wrote: »
    Those jerseys look like cheap knockoffs.

Well they are :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Akinfenwa wore a full Liverpool kit in to Wycombe training the day after Liverpool won the league & happily took a fine for it too, legend!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-adebayo-akinfenwa-explains-liverpool-18583485.amp

Now got his fine halved because they got promoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Was anyone listening to Souness on Sky just now? Flicked back from Netflix and caught the end of the last line before it finished. Sounded like something serious?

Something along the lines of: "people thinking I'm something I'm not and it hurts"

Didn't see it but he has spoken a fair bit recently about the hurt he has with how he's viewed on Merseyside because of the massive mistake he made when giving the interview to the rag when he was manager so It may be that.

For a player who achieved what he did for the club he would normally be revered as much as Stevie and Kenny but he destroyed it all with that mistake. For me he was as good as either of them but he never gets a mention. Even now theres very strong feelings among many scousers about it but I have seen moves afoot to get him a banner in the kop so some are coming around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

It could be worse. It could be maroon.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    It could be worse. It could be maroon.

Liverpool had maroon training gear in 2018/2019, as expected it was absolutely rotten.

Liverpool had maroon training gear in 2018/2019, as expected it was absolutely rotten.

Blue and gold would look better!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Blue and gold would look better!

Up Longford!

Up Longford!

eh............................:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Up Longford Nurses !

FYP

With this new All Ireland format I feel that Wicklow are being screwed out of their chance to win it.

ebbsy wrote: »
    With this new All Ireland format I feel that Wicklow are being screwed out of their chance to win it.

it's the Kilkenny footballers I feel for, bring The Dubs down to Nolan Park & we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Always have to give a non-native English speaker a bit of leeway, but this line from Klopp sticks out when talking about Lovren.

"Was always a very.... 'IS'... 'IS' a very valuable part of the squad"

https://twitter.com/carlmarkham/status/1283044219322597379

Liverpool have invited Ade Akinfenwa as a guest at the victory parade thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Arsenal tomorrow.

Salah v Arsenal:
    Played: 6
    Goals: 6
    Assists: 4

This is an epic view of that goal v Arsenal

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283013051382476800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liverpool have invited Ade Akinfenwa as a guest at the victory parade thing.

I find that odd and a bit of a shambles really,
    So some random fan gets to go on the bus surely he'd fell like a bit of a ejit , receiving the cheers and applause from the fan for no reason at all ,

it's the Kilkenny footballers I feel for, bring The Dubs down to Nolan Park & we'll see what happens.

Went down to see Wicklow vs Kilkenny once. It was in a small town beside a church.

interesting it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So some random fan gets to go on the bus surely he'd fell like a bit of a ejit , receiving the cheers and applause from the fan for no reason at all ,

he's a high profile character atm, seems a nice chap, club reached out and did something nice for him, wins all around imo

Bah, Humbug! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement