Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

30 years awaiting ....
    Several near misses ....
    Never losing faith ....
    We now get there in the end ...
    Surreal ....
    We can't celebrate as normal ....
    Relief ....
    So many pts ahead ....
    Finally ....
    Relief ....

Thanks to ALL THE PLAYERS - during this prolonged season and all the players in those intervening 30 seasons .... And the Managers and staff and you Jurgen ...

Thanks to ALL THE FANS who kept the faith, when we walked through the storms ....

This is a different Sky, but a golden sky ....

Finally ....
    Finally ....
    Finally ....

x30

ENJOY ONE AND ALL !!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

Congrats guys enjoy 🎉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Congratulations Liverpool best team in the land,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

At 16 I took it for granted.

At 46, this means more.

I had the exact conversation with my Bro in Law and his 10y.o tonight...
    I was 10 the last time we won the league and then it was just expected that we would carry on as a machine.

The clip of Jürgen and Kenny tonight, was when I realized we'd done it.
    Jürgen telling Kenny it was for him, for Stevie for the fans!

That was when my eyes welled up and the tears flowed.

I am overwhelmed with how much this means to me.
    2020 may bring an apocalypse!
    If it does, we go out on top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rw0p6cb5m4751.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

After tonights celebrations we need to close this thread. Let the only things in it be about winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Enjoy this one everyone..............

and don't forget to keep dropping 'premier league champions' into random conversations for no reason at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

After tonights celebrations we need to close this thread. Let it be the one where we finally won back the league after so many years.

CHAMPIONS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

daithijjj wrote: »

and don't forget to keep dropping 'premier league champions' into random conversations for no reason at all.

:eek:

Whopper!! Hope you're well pal!

It's like a big reunion party in here!!

G'wan the lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

daheff wrote: »
    After tonights celebrations we need to close this thread. Let it be the one where we finally won back the league after so many years.

CHAMPIONS :)

Yeah we should rename this 'Liverpool League Champions 2020' or similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

VAR certainly showed it’s worth tonight, embarrassing those who want it scrapped. City could have gotten a winner, but Fernandinho was red carded and a pen correctly awarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Champions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

daithijjj wrote: »

Im doing the opposite, I find being humble and magnanimous winds them up far more.
    Second the earlier sentiments I was 11 and just took it for granted. As stupid as it is deep down I wasn't certain we'd win it till the whistle blew tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

This means more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was 9 the last time. Hopefully my 9 year old lad wont have to wait till hes 39 .

The 15 year old is much more appreciative :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Glorious what a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ah lads.... From kloop, then to hendo... my tears are flowing. I've waited 30 long years for this, I was only a young boy last time they won it.
    Then along comes fcuking covid19 and I thought I'd never see it cross the line, as I'm one of those people in the at risk group, likely to end badly for me unfortunately. Feel like a bullseye is attached to me, within it's sights.
    If I get the virus at least I'll have lived to see Liverpool FC crowned premier league champion's.
    Treasure this moment lads, and hopefully the next few years will be great too.
    LFC.
    YNWA.

I was watching the game out me back. As soon as Willian swept the ball into the top corner I took off out the gate.

Surreal.

I wasn't sure Istanbul would ever be topped for me but this is neck and neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

VAR certainly showed it’s worth tonight, embarrassing those who want it scrapped. City could have gotten a winner, but Fernandinho was red carded and a pen correctly awarded.

I respect your utter utter committment to Var. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I was meant to get married today.

Had to postpone cos of covid19.

I'm OK with this instead.

I was supposed to get married tomorrow, Friday. It’s a great consolation prize though isn’t it? I’m glad somebody didn’t make me choose!!! Bit most of all, I’m thinking of Sean Cox. I hope you’re enjoying this as much as we all are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Tried sleeping. Not a chance. Can't believe the long wait is over. Love, love, love this club. Goodnight, champions. ♥️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

I've never seen players love their manager as much as Liverpool players seem to love Klopp, he's something else. Loved Henderson's interview earlier. Said he knew Klopp was special the minute he walked in (paraphrasing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching scenes of celebrations in Liverpool on TV
    I wonder which will be higher. The spike in covid19 or the spike in pregnancies ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭ratracer

Well
    We've had a few dodgy years and singings
    But after watching years of Peggy Aprhexad, Bruno Cheyrou, Djimi Traore, Alberto Aquilani, Salif Diao, Balloteli, Bernard Diomede, Andy Carroll, El-hadji diouf among other donkeys
    This league win and last year's cups really is magical

Ah here, how could you forget Paul Konchesky??

So many bad memories wiped out tonight, so much promise for the future with this gaffer and this squad!
    YNWA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

First memory was beating West Ham in 1981 league cup final replay, didnt think anything could top the spontaneous celebrations of Divocks goal against Spurs 12 months ago. Now it's happened nothing compares to tonight!

Still 20% of the season left (18.4% for the pedantics :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fimino is only 9 goals off Torres now,and 14 off Suarez ,and only 4 behind Mane. Slow and steady wins the race .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

That is an absolute relief. I know some people here wanted City to win so Liverpool could win it after a match they played but I wanted it wrapped up as soon as possible. The years of narrowly missing out were not easy to witness and then when it looked like nothing could get in the way a real disaster struck.

Honestly, the last few months of uncertainty have been agonising. I stopped looking at any form of sports news media in March - people with an agenda pushing for null and void, watching other leagues making the decision to end early and the possibility that all the work put in by the team and the manager would amount to nothing and be forgotten made for hard reading.

This will go down as the most memorable Premier League season to date for various different reasons and people will always be reminded of just how dominant Liverpool were. There is no one more deserving of this than Klopp - what a man and what a team he has built. I'll struggle to get any sleep now. An amazing night and an amazing time for Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well Done Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sean Cox celebrating from a poster on Reddit.
    kl89x4k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

30 Years no longer waiting
    Premier League Champions 2019/2020

Fantastic 2 seasons the team is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Turtyturd wrote: »
    rw0p6cb5m4751.jpg

That's still terrible even with Klopp but I'll allow it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    That is an absolute relief. I know some people here wanted City to win so Liverpool could win it after a match they played but I wanted it wrapped up as soon as possible. The years of narrowly missing out were not easy to witness and then when it looked like nothing could get in the way a real disaster struck.

Honestly, the last few months of uncertainty have been agonising. I stopped looking at any form of sports news media in March - people with an agenda pushing for null and void, watching other leagues making the decision to end early and the possibility that all the work put in by the team and the manager would amount to nothing and be forgotten made for hard reading.

This will go down as the most memorable Premier League season to date for various different reasons and people will always be reminded of just how dominant Liverpool were. There is no one more deserving of this than Klopp - what a man and what a team he has built. I'll struggle to get any sleep now. An amazing night and an amazing time for Liverpool fans.

I'm actually delighted the way it's worked out now too, since they were all together for it, and able to properly celebrate together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

This team. Relentless. Unbearable. Champions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm so happy they the lads are together and can celebrate together.

The beer is clearly flowing there at the house anyways!! The same with me :)

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/1276297277783658496?s=20

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Strangest season ever, no doubt.
    Winning it so early and yet so late - a contradiction that will stand the test of time.

I look forward to celebrating it again when I see him lifting the trophy.

And celebrate it we will!

Tonight is only a warm up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :eek:

Whopper!! Hope you're well pal!

All is well thanks LL, hope you are behaving in here? :D Said to myself i will come back here when we sign a bad player...............and look at us.

Elliott is legally too young to even have a drink to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

I can only imagine the conspiracy theories going round blue moon tonight but who gives a fcuk? Let them stew and turn in on themselves.

We're champions with 7 games to spare!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In bits, YNWA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In hindsight, what's the game you thought you had it won? Or perhaps the defining game..

Leicester? Villa away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dfx- wrote: »
    In hindsight, what's the game you thought you had it won? Or perhaps the defining game..

Leicester? Villa away?

Norwich in August :pac:

dfx- wrote: »

Leicester? Villa away?

Utd home was massive. Was at that one and you could feel it. Leicester away too was huge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement