Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can we report personal insults be moderators being given a free pass?

Options
  • 25-06-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Where can I report overheal for making personal insults about me, two days after being banned from another thread for doing the same and it being ignored by mods. He gets a free pass with all his trolling and the threads just get closed. I have a serious problem with him being a moderator.

And now overheal has managed to edit the thread, after it was closed to have the last say.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058090358/7/#post113846349

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,010 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The thread wasn’t locked when my post went through.

You can report any of my posts as you would any other post in the normal fashion. You should see a square button in the bottom right with a flag icon on the touch site. On desktop or the full site it’s a red and white <!> icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Overheal wrote: »
    The thread wasn’t locked when my post went through.

You can report any of my posts as you would any other post in the normal fashion. You should see a square button in the bottom right with a flag icon on the touch site. On desktop or the full site it’s a red and white <!> icon.

Problem is your buddy beasty is giving you a free pass. You've made personals insults about two posters in two days and just get told to stop, never carded.

When I opened the thread to see it was locked you comment wasn't there and was after refreshing, maybe it's some glitch, you've pulled enough **** to at least get a talking to if you want to stay a mod instead of being protected by your mates like the very police you keep complaining about.

It's not an issue of not knowing how to report, it's an issue of the mods not being held to the same standards as other users and protecting each other. At this stage I'm just thinking of leaving like all the many posters that made boards what it is. Not saying I'm one of them, just that the site has gone to ****.

GarIT wrote: »
    Problem is your buddy beasty is giving you a free pass. You've made personals insults about two posters in two days and just get told to stop, never carded.

When I opened the thread to see it was locked you comment wasn't there and was after refreshing, maybe it's some glitch, you've pulled enough **** to at least get a talking to if you want to stay a mod instead of being protected by your mates like the very police you keep complaining about.

Nobody is giving me any free pass.

You say I personally abused you but, before today I honestly don’t remember when I’ve ever interacted with you, so I don’t see how I personally attacked you?

Now as you said just yesterday I was threadbanned from the #alllivesmatter thread; beasty in actual fact authored 4/5 of my lastest ref and yellow cards, the other being Baggly just the other day and the 4 most recent cards in the month of June. So I don’t see how Beasty, in particular is my buddy. I think he’s owed an apology.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Complaints about users are dealt with in Help Desk. I've moved this thread from Feedback, and deleted a similar "complaint" in the Current Affairs feedback thread

AS you have already noted OP, I have closed the thread in question making it clear in my closing note why I closed it

Now I've been looking at a whole load of issues since I came online a couple of hours ago. That includes having had a cursory glance at the thread in question, but I've certainly not had chance to look through it in detail. I will have a deeper dig later on, but for now I have a large number of reported posts to look at as a priority

Beasty wrote: »
    Now I've been looking at a whole load of issues since I came online a couple of hours ago. That includes having had a cursory glance at the thread in question, but I've certainly not had chance to look through it in detail. I will have a deeper dig later on, but for now I have a large number of reported posts to look at as a priority

Have you had an opportunity to review this?

• Advertisement

Bueller?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement