Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20 (Mod Notes Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Recently signed a new contract with Leipzig.

Imagine Leipzig are protecting themselves for him being on the move next Summer. This Summer might be too premature unfortunately.

Looks a talent.
    he was going to be on a free next summer.

I reckon he will leave on loan this summer with an obligation to buy next summer for his release fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I reckon he will leave on loan this summer with an obligation to buy next summer for his release fee.

That would be a delightful option in the current climate. Imagine being able to get him on loan now with a small down payment/loan fee and then pay up the balance next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

United want 15m for sanchez, doesnt mean they will get it. I would say the figure will be less than 10m AND we will have to pay him a few million to leave

All good in saying that, but what if he had an awful year or got a bad injury, i wouldnt fancy paying 50m plus next year for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Internet says Sancho in the bag. Fire up the shirt printer.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    All good in saying that, but what if he had an awful year or got a bad injury, i wouldnt fancy paying 50m plus next year for him

Cool story.

What if United sign Sancho and he gets injured or plays crap?

What an utter nothing argument.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

German sources disagree.

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1288551576307666944?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'm seeing lots of reports now where Liverpool are coming into the equation

Cool story.

What if United sign Sancho and he gets injured or plays crap?

What an utter nothing argument.

Well its not really, sancho is an international player who has proven himself and already looks world class.

Upamecano has yet to play for France, only has potential as of yet and could be a total flop if brought in on loan so why would you agree to pay a huge outlay on a player who is no good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I think as United fans we probably shouldn't believe the Internet or even the papers, they have been wrong so many times when it comes to our transfers

• Advertisement

Yup. Until that photographer guy says it's done, then it's not done.

John Obi Mikel says hi.

Until i see him running down the right wing its not done ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

German sources disagree.

About as reliable as a chocolate tea pot

And his tweet was 2 hours ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Until he's played

Jon obi Mikel

Never forget

Chris Smalling with a goal for Roma tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

They can get 120m if he wins 3 Ballon D'Ors in a row. 90m pounds absolute max.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Liverpool links scream "Throw their name into the mix, to get clicks from scared United fans".

The lad saying 60+60 seemed to be the first to say James to United last summer, and also that we were sniffing round Dybala. So decent source, but not bulletproof.

brinty wrote: »
    About as reliable as a chocolate tea pot

And his tweet was 2 hours ago

He actually works covering German football and speaks German, so will have actual sources in Germany. And none of the German football guys I follow, or any of the Manchester beat guys are saying anything about it being done. 2 hours ago or not.

Honestly guys I say this every year, but just switch off the knee jerk reactions to every tweet and click bait article. There’ll be daily reports of it being done over the next few weeks by hundreds of people claiming to know something they don’t in the hope they’ll be right by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

GSPfan wrote: »
    Honestly guys I say this every year, but just switch off the knee jerk reactions to every tweet and click bait article. There’ll be daily reports of it being done over the next few weeks by hundreds of people claiming to know something they don’t in the hope they’ll be right by accident.
    True. Also, it doesn't help the German press are saying he wants to go to Liverpool when every non-German outlet, and even Sky Sports Germany, have not heard a single peep about him saying that.

This is going to drag out for a while, unfortunately. I would love Koulibaly over that. Way less under the radar and a damn good player.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    True. Also, it doesn't help the German press are saying he wants to go to Liverpool when every non-German outlet, and even Sky Sports Germany, have not heard a single peep about him saying that.

This is going to drag out for a while, unfortunately. I would love Koulibaly over that. Way less under the radar and a damn good player.

You’ll hear some amount of bollox until it’s done. Then we’ll be hearing about the 200 million deal that includes transfer fees, add ons, wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Holy crap Brighton just signed Joël Veltman for his sub 1 MILLION release clause :O

Why the shíte can't we find any bonkers bargains like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Being linked in Spain again with Pau Torres.

Wont cost arm and a leg. Be good purchase although I'm sure not only club interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

pjohnson wrote: »
    Holy crap Brighton just signed Joël Veltman for his sub 1 MILLION release clause :O

Why the shíte can't we find any bonkers bargains like that!

Money grows on trees in OT

It does seem a lifetime ago that we signed Hernandez - a bargain, out of nowhere, who came in and performed to a high level.

But at the same time, i would prefer the club prioritize the quality of the player being brought in, rather than their 'value'.

I do think the club could look at the relegated clubs this season for some good pickups to improve the squad/bench. After we have dealt with the first team spots the club feel can and need to be dealt with this summer.

If we got, for example, Sancho and Thiago - could United look at Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell from Norwich as options to be better than Dalot, Jones and Lingard off the bench? Or Ake for first choice CB over Lindelof? We were linked with King in january - would United revisit that as a proactive Ighalo replacement? Was mentioned yesterday as a way the club could go and while I wouldn't want all our transfers to come from those sides - as I think we need some absolute top level signings - there could be some smart pickups that allow us to rotate in players without a massive drop in performance from the starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/kristemple/status/1288778672783196161?s=20

Simon Peach just RT'd this so I'd imagine it's fairly concrete.

Would've been a great addition to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It does seem a lifetime ago that we signed Hernandez - a bargain, out of nowhere, who came in and performed to a high level.

But at the same time, i would prefer the club prioritize the quality of the player being brought in, rather than their 'value'.

I do think the club could look at the relegated clubs this season for some good pickups to improve the squad/bench. After we have dealt with the first team spots the club feel can and need to be dealt with this summer.

If we got, for example, Sancho and Thiago - could United look at Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell from Norwich as options to be better than Dalot, Jones and Lingard off the bench? Or Ake for first choice CB over Lindelof? We were linked with King in january - would United revisit that as a proactive Ighalo replacement? Was mentioned yesterday as a way the club could go and while I wouldn't want all our transfers to come from those sides - as I think we need some absolute top level signings - there could be some smart pickups that allow us to rotate in players without a massive drop in performance from the starting 11.

I see another goldilocks type window. 1 big, 1 medium and 1 small to mirror Maguire, AWB and James... I'm talking transfer fee not size.

Sancho, Ake and Cantwell would be similar type transfers and while it might fall sort of our expectations, it could end up being just right. I think McTominay and Fred will be given time to see if they can grow into/cover the Matic role and Laird will probably get a crack at RB. Someone for Ighalo maybe in Jan then.

https://twitter.com/kristemple/status/1288778672783196161?s=20

Simon Peach just RT'd this so I'd imagine it's fairly concrete.

Would've been a great addition to United.

I don’t think he’s instantly better than Lindelof or Maguire so I don’t think he’s a great loss. Good signing for City but I reckon he will end up the way of John Stones there.

John Stones is a massive waste of talent. When does his contract run out? Surely he’s coming up to the end of his original contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Being linked in Spain again with Pau Torres.

Wont cost arm and a leg. Be good purchase although I'm sure not only club interested.

65m euro been mentioned, what's that? An arm and half a leg these days? :D

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1288775659037372416?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

City have 2 deals done in 2 days. We take 2 months and weeks of paper talk.

MattS1 wrote: »

Relax.

City have the benefit of being able to overpay and not be bothered at all, especially after their FFP stuff.

If we'd gone in and slapped £41m down on the table, we'd have been able to get it done quickly too. But we too would have overpaid for the player, AND it would have made it more difficult to do other deals.

We're rich, sure. But realistically, we're probably looking at (best case scenario) a 150-170m window, with Sancho probably taking a lot of that up. Thats also dependent on sales too.

Id have liked Ake, for about £30m. But he wasn't a priority.

Trigger wrote: »
    65m euro been mentioned, what's that? An arm and half a leg these days? :D

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1288775659037372416?s=19

Had no idea who he was until I goog/tubed him. I’ve seen a release clause mentioned in the 40’s of millions so not a massive gamble for a 23 year old. Seems like the type of signing United are in to these days.

what deals have they done? they have registered no one yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ake seems off to City anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

what deals have they done? they have registered no one yet

Do you know what's funny though? If it were the other way around you would be praising Ole never mind Woodie for getting deals done quickly :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Do you know what's funny though? If it were the other way around you would be praising Ole never mind Woodie for getting deals done quickly :)

dont presume anything until the player has signed the contract

dont presume anything until the player has signed the contract

Not bad advice at all.

This is how it starts lads. Person A compares us to City for criticism, Person B defends against that criticism, then Person C criticises Person B. An hour from now there’ll be pages of nonsense that’ll probably end up with a discussion about why it’s Pogba’s fault.

This is how it starts lads. Person A compares us to City for criticism, Person B defends against that criticism, then Person C criticises Person B. An hour from now there’ll be pages of nonsense that’ll probably end up with a discussion about why it’s Pogba’s fault.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Haha, fairly accurate. I'm out til we hear concrete transfers news or until matchday!

Supposedly Villa want Tuanzebe for 12m

they stayed in premier league so he will cost them double now, although i dont think we will sell him, unless he is included in some sort of swap with Grealish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Can't see them letting him go with all the deadwood in front of him hopefully going.
    If they do, they will hopefully include a buy back clause.
    Similarly if Jones was to go to Villa, they include a no-backsies clause.

They want him for 12 million? Considering we also avoided relegation then that price just shot up. 40 million is the going rate apparently.

Joking aside we won’t be selling him. Loaning him as part of a Grealish knock down deal? Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Had no idea who he was until I goog/tubed him. I’ve seen a release clause mentioned in the 40’s of millions so not a massive gamble for a 23 year old. Seems like the type of signing United are in to these days.

His old release clause was 50m euro but he signed a new deal that upped it

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/1288791054255378434?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Long transfer window to go but it is worrying imo. City will be adding even more players with David Silva leaving as well as Sane. This is the time for the club to try and close the gap between us and City/Liverpool but I worry where gonna be diddle-daddling with negotiations with all our targets.

I can't see us signing more than 2 players with how we do transfers and how other clubs seem to apply the "United tax" when we approach a player

Long transfer window to go but it is worrying imo. City will be adding even more players with David Silva leaving as well as Sane. This is the time for the club to try and close the gap between us and City/Liverpool but I worry where gonna be diddle-daddling with negotiations with all our targets.

I can't see us signing more than 2 players with how we do transfers and how other clubs seem to apply the "United tax" when we approach a player

It’s been 3 days. Come back in 3 weeks and we’ll start to worry.

Thats the interesting part of the Tuanzebe rumour. I mean it seems pretty obvious that the next step would be United using that interest to try and cheapen any Grealish deal while allowing Villa save face by getting Tuanzebe to offset the lesser fee.

I see a few Spanish sources now saying "Barca aren't prioritizing Pau Torres", which I half wonder if thats not code for "Someone else is coming for him, and we're covering our asses quickly so it doesn't look like we've lost out on him..."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement