Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20 (Mod Notes Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sancho hype train building.... United app pings a notification.... OMG.... Its early team news for the game on Wednesday.

Sancho included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

adox wrote: »
    Sancho included?

Is he cup tied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Drumpot wrote: »
    That’s fair enough if England is genuinely his only desired destination. Don’t see any other club paying 100mil for him in England.

Its grand you can relax there is noway we are signing sancho!!!!! Id eat my hat if that deal goes through!!!

• Looks like Sanchez is out the gap too for decent money

Some good business being done early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jadon Sancho is on par with Raheem Sterling in my eyes. You could argue that Sterling is a better player if you want but Sancho is 5 years younger and the fee being reported is the going rate. I’d even say it’s a fair price.

What price did that youngfella from Benfica go for last year? Joao Felix. Was it €125 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

GSPfan wrote: »
    Jadon Sancho is on par with Raheem Sterling in my eyes. You could argue that Sterling is a better player if you want but Sancho is 5 years younger and the fee being reported is the going rate. I’d even say it’s a fair price.

What price did that youngfella from Benfica go for last year? Joao Felix. Was it €125 million.

About that and hasn't looked great from what I've read but that was before covid, could have improved since the restart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To be utterly blunt, it's very clear you just don't like this deal, and. you're working backwards to justify your own doubts. And I get having doubts about a big money transfer, but it really does feel like you just don't want to like it.

His fee is spot on for the level of player he is. No other clubs are in a position where they both need AND can afford to buy him.

He is a world class talent who is only 20, in a position we desperately need to fill and haven't in a decade.

If you've doubts, go watch some of his highlights and you'll understand why 95% of fans are massively hyped by this one.

I’ve said what I think of the deal, I’m only asking questions on the player.

Edit: Nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

One way of looking at the high fee for Sancho is that say he costs £100.....(hope to God they get him for a fair bit less).....but if he costs that and remains relatively injury free,he could be supplying assists and goals for Utd for 10 years.

Are we really going to look back in even 5 years and say ‘God Dortmund screwed £20m too much out of us for Sancho!’.......I think not!

When you think of the money that was thrown away on likes of Di Maria and Sanchez.....and to a lesser extent Harry Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How good is he?
    Only ever seen him for Englanhere he looked talented but far from finished article,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Ah yes Manchester Utd are on the verge of signing one of the most exciting talents in world football but let's find a reason to moan about it. I know it's the Internet and there will always be one but knowing that doesn't change just how dumb it is.

I'm over the moon that Sancho seems to be virtually all but signed. RW has been a wasteland for years. Sancho is a top 5 RW in the world, oh and he's only 20. Whatever other issues I have with the club, signing what could be a generational talent for 100m give or take, isn't one of them

• Advertisement

Felix has been an awful signing for the money
    Its mad most off the 100 million plus lads have been awful signing, Hazard, Dembele, Couthino

All been bad

How good is he?
    Only ever seen him for Englanhere he looked talented but far from finished article,

He's shlte!!1! We may as well burn the 220m it's costing to buy him

That's the answer you want isn't it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Meanwhile, Alexis Sánchez looks set to join Internazionale on a permanent deal after the Italian side held talks with United over the weekend. The Chile international still has two years of his contract worth around £390,000 a week to run and it is understood that Inter have agreed to match the former Arsenal forward’s wage for one year of his three-year contract to enable him to complete the move.

no word on the fee there. wonder what it is likely to be?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/03/manchester-united-in-advanced-talks-with-dortmund-over-90m-sancho

ETA: it those wages are correct, that's 40.5m saved on wages alone :eek:

NITRO95 wrote: »
    He's shlte!!1! We may as well burn the 220m it's costing to buy him

That's the answer you want isn't it

What?
    No iv never seen him play bar England and its unfair to judge him on that,
    He's obviously good but how good is the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sanchez looks gone too which is a lot of wage budget cleared too.

Hopefully can use that freed space to get a couple of signings in after Sancho.

Seems to be a cb being looked at. The raul stories look like they were rubbish, which is what they felt like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

here's a vid of all goals and assists in bundesliga this season

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290228226837614592

• NITRO95 wrote: »
    Ah yes Manchester Utd are on the verge of signing one of the most exciting talents in world football but let's find a reason to moan about it. I know it's the Internet and there will always be one but knowing that doesn't change just how dumb it is.

I'm over the moon that Sancho seems to be virtually all but signed. RW has been a wasteland for years. Sancho is a top 5 RW in the world, oh and he's only 20. Whatever other issues I have with the club, signing what could be a generational talent for 100m give or take, isn't one of them

Unreal isn't it

Cant get my head around how this is a negative

Super signing fingers crossed

Time to dust off and roll out the piano? Sanchez appears to be disappearing from our wage bill.

That'll fund 2 new hospitals and an upgraded ringroad around Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

How good is he?

Without doubt one of the best young players in the world.

bangkok wrote: »
    Without doubt one of the best young players in the world.

Great selection of young forwards now and possible an all English front 3 of Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Nothing but positive news coming out today. Sanchez out and Sancho in is fantastic piece of business so early in the window

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1290335933603225608?s=20

How good is he?

You said on the Premier league thread the fee looks excessive and werner is a steal in comparison but now your saying you've never even watched the player.

I guess that's the world we live in nowadays but seems odd to be making such bold claims when yiu are pretty much admitting you don't really have a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nothing but positive news coming out today. Sanchez out and Sancho in is fantastic piece of business so early in the window

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1290335933603225608?s=20

Imagine the savings in the club shop, all they have to do is steam off the last 2 letters from Sanchez and add an O..

Really excited about this one.. getting rid of Sanchez is going a long way to righting a few wrongs of the past.

Even more excited about the prospect of signing Sancho. He is genuinely someone that gets fans on the edge of their couches ( until the fans are back in the stadium)

You said on the Premier league thread the fee looks excessive and werner is a steal in comparison but now your saying you've never even watched the player.

I guess that's the world we live in nowadays but seems odd to be making solu h bold claims when yiu are pretty much admitting you don't really have a clue

I am absolutely shocked at this revelation that a non Utd fan is in two separate threads finding two different yet contradictory ways to sh1t on a new Utd signing. SHOCKED

I guess that's the world we live in nowadays but seems odd to be making such bold claims when yiu are pretty much admitting you don't really have a clue

I asked the question is excessive by simply looking at there numbers
    I'm guessing because he is English there an extra a 20 million added as usual
    Iv never seen Sancho play not going to lie about that why would i

I am absolutely shocked at this revelation that a non Utd fan is in two separate threads finding two different yet contradictory ways to sh1t on a new Utd signing. SHOCKED

I cant see the problem in me saying 120 million seem excessive in comparison to Werner (due to there numbers) and then coming on here andn saying iv not seen Sancho play and asking how good is he?

How is that ****ting on the signing it's simple trying to educate myself about the signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sancho would be an unreal signing and shows the world Man utd mean business.

I have a big concern though.

I hope utd havent blown their transfer kitty on 1 player, we're still need a few more signings. 2x first team players, CM and defender but we also need players that are good enough to come off the bench and really make a difference. We don't exactly have that at the moment.

I cant see the problem in me saying 120 million seem excessive in comparison to Werner (due to there numbers) and then coming on here andn saying iv not seen Sancho play and asking how good is he?

How is that sitting on the signing it's simple trying to educate myself about the signing

Cool story bro.

I'll make it simple for ya - Werner had a buyout clause
    Sancho has no buyout clause

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

I hope utd havent blown their transfer kitty on 1 player, we're still need a few more signings. 2x first team players, CM and defender but we also need players that are good enough to come off the bench and really make a difference. We don't exactly have that at the moment.

I think we will probably have enough to get one more player without selling anyone. Maybe the Gabriel lad from lille for €30m.

After that, I'd say it will be based on outgoings. If we can move on Sanchez and Smalling, that could open up another 40m (wages included). It will then be who else can we sell or move on.

I'd say we will see Sancho and 2 others brought in this summer.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

I think at this stage it's clear that Sancho has been a long term target and as such I have no problem spending a large percentage of our funds on him.

Signing 3 "first team" players in one window feels unrealistic. You have to remember Bruno only signed in January. Maguire, Bruno, Sancho and hopefully a new CDM would be a hell of an improvement over 12 months when you take it in totality. Guys like Fred, McSauce, Ighalo, Shaw/Williams, Romero, Tuanzebe are right around the standard you want to be able to come in and do a job in any game.

Cool story bro.

I'll make it simple for ya - Werner had a buyout clause
    Sancho has no buyout clause

Well theres the reason then,

I dont watch German football and haven't seen Dortmund play in Europe, As I said only time I seen Sancho play was for England and we all know international football is totally different

I was simply wondering so asked not sure why you got so upset about it,

Nice selection of forwards now at Old Trafford

[Di Marzio] Alexis Sanchez to Inter is done. Manchester United will not receive any compensation.

(I think the suggestion is no transfer fee, but no covering his wages either...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think we will probably have enough to get one more player without selling anyone. Maybe the Gabriel lad from lille for €30m.

After that, I'd say it will be based on outgoings. If we can move on Sanchez and Smalling, that could open up another 40m (wages included). It will then be who else can we sell or move on.

I'd say we will see Sancho and 2 others brought in this summer.

we should be also selling the rest of the dead wood, Lingard, Jones, Dalot and Pereira

Romano confirms: Total agreement reached between Inter and Manchester United on a permanent deal, here we go! Inter will NOT pay any fee to Man United. He’ll join for free and Inter will take charge of his full wage. Sanchez will earn €7M/season as Inter player.

:)
    Well theres the reason then,

I dont watch German football and haven't seen Dortmund play in Europe, As I said only time I seen Sancho play was for England and we all know international football is totally different

I was simply wondering so asked not sure why you got so upset about it,

Nice selection of forwards now at Old Trafford

Not upset at all just don't buy your ignorance towards why Sancho costs what he costs and how highly rated he is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ill be delighted when Jones goes. The last of the really really deadwood.

Romano confirms: Total agreement reached between Inter and Manchester United on a permanent deal, here we go! Inter will NOT pay any fee to Man United. He’ll join for free and Inter will take charge of his full wage. Sanchez will earn €7M/season as Inter player.

Very happy with this. I'm sad it never worked out for him at Utd but such is life. Hope he has a good finish to his career with Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

From watching Sancho's goal and assists, it's clear he can play on either wing and actually looks more dangerous coming in off the left.
    Will hopefully result in a fluid and interchangeable front 3, with Greenwood subbing in for whoever is not performing in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had been reported that we were looking at a 15million fee but if we've totally got rid of his wages then I couldn't care less about him leaving on a free.

Not having to pay his wages this season is a 20million saving on a player that was rubbish for us.

Get rid, move on, job done.

Get rid of Rojo next.

• Lord TSC wrote: »

d91.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Getting rid of Sanchez and his wages is an excellent piece of business.

Genuinely didn't think it was possible for someone to take him.

Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If these deals happen in next few days Ole will be doing some deals

I for one am looking forward to reading about how over rated Sancho is and how we have bought a donkey over the coming days.
    How good is he?
    Only ever seen him for Englanhere he looked talented but far from
    finished article,

S02E11-MQbfKTKM-subtitled.jpg

Really, really exciting signing. Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and now Sancho as our forward players, mouthwatering tbh and anyone that tries to argue anything to the contrary is an enemy of the club. Bruno the oldest of them all at only 25 so if they can click, my goodness it will be something special and could be in place for the next 5 or 6 seasons minimum.

If we could get a good quality midfielder in and another decent centre half then we would have arguably as good a first 11 as anyone in the league.

Getting Sanchez off the wage bill too is huge and even if Sancho is going to be paid 150 to 200k per week there is still the guts of 200k left over for other signings.

:)

Not upset at all just don't buy your ignorance towards why Sancho costs what he costs and how highly rated he is

It's not like I said anything bad about him or the signing of him,I genuinely don't have the time the last couple of years to keep up with, all the leauges like I used to

A few of the lads who are reliable and generally look at things for what they are and not with Rose tinted glasses on replied saying he's a word class prospect so I'll take there word

That's the reason I asked here just because I support a difference teams doesn't mean I can't have a normal conversation with someone

Gotta say I'm jealous of the age of United forward line 3 of the 4 could still be easily there in 10 years, Liverpool 3 although gold standard will likely have 3 years as a trio,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Had been reported that we were looking at a 15million fee but if we've totally got rid of his wages then I couldn't care less about him leaving on a free.

Not having to pay his wages this season is a 20million saving on a player that was rubbish for us.

Get rid, move on, job done.

Get rid of Rojo next.

Might be some goodwill built up towards getting the mooted Smalling - Skrinar(?) deal done as well

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1290358149451481088?s=21

That’s just sickening that he was earning that much while being so crap.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1290358149451481088?s=21

That’s just sickening that he was earning that much while being so crap.

True, but if it had of worked and he had a hand in 20+ PL goals over the last few seasons then there wouldnt be any remarks passed. It was a very expensive lesson however if it proves to be the last "throw as much money as possible at something" signing we see then its money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sanchez out

Sancho in

Has the makings of a good week

True, but if it had of worked and he had a hand in 20+ PL goals over the last few seasons then there wouldnt be any remarks passed. It was a very expensive lesson however if it proves to be the last "throw as much money as possible at something" signing we see then its money well spent.

Absolutely. He literally did nothing for his whole United career. In fact he even displaced Martial on the left at a time when he was doing really well. That’s not his fault of course but the transfer was a complete disaster. The only accidental side effect of it was that it was a lesson learned as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Does anybody know what sort of wages Sancho is on at Dortmund?

It will be very interesting to see what he gets at Utd...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement