Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20 (Mod Notes Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

reports beginning to emerge that personal terms have been agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

reports beginning to emerge that personal terms have been agreed.

Id say they would have been the first thing that was agreed on.

What a super signing if it happens. Exciting times ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

in other news, DDG is off it seems :pac:

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/1290371136207892481

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy hell, I thought that was an aged up photoshop, not an entirely different person.

Rock77 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what sort of wages Sancho is on at Dortmund?

It will be very interesting to see what he gets at Utd...

I'm sure it'll be a gigantic payrise.

in other news, DDG is off it seems :pac:

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/1290371136207892481

Ross County...all 3 of their goalkeepers' first names is Ross, believe it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Sanchez out

Sancho in

Has the makings of a good week

Sanchez can take his piano with him.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

GSPfan wrote: »

Looks good but I remember when we had that strike force of rvp, Rooney, falcao and adm

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/telegraphducker/status/1290390273084854272?s=21

So we are giving him a pay off too. Mental. I honestly hope no one at the club is ever allowed do this again. No doubt that deal has hampered our transfer activity.

Makes me wonder why a club wouldn’t just give a player a large signing bonus to allow them to keep wages to a low manageable amount. Probably because of cash flow.

Hococop wrote: »
    Looks good but I remember when we had that strike force of rvp, Rooney, falcao and adm

No pace in that forward line up.

If sancho signs we will have one of the most exciting and quickest forward lineups in europe

So we are giving him a pay off too. Mental. I honestly hope no one at the club is ever allowed do this again. No doubt that deal has hampered our transfer activity.

Makes me wonder why a club wouldn’t just give a player a large signing bonus to allow them to keep wages to a low manageable amount. Probably because of cash flow.

I only said that the other day that it was going to happen like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I honestly believe that the last 5 words of that tweet are the only thing that matters here.

Hococop wrote: »

I thought the same funny enough, but...

- RVP was winding down at the top level and not a patch on his form in Fergie's final season.
    - Rooney was blowing cold more often than hot by then, and also winding down at the top level.
    - Falcao was coming back from a serious injury and was also bedding into a new league.
    - ADM never wanted to be there in the first place and never settled at the club. Also, us getting trounced 5-3 by Leicester (after us being up 1-3) scared LVG shítless into not using ADM and other attacking players to their strengths.

More than any of the above, LVG was the manager of this attack. A manager who bollocked Ander Herrera out of it for being away from his position when he scored a goal. Not saying that Ole is a better manager, but definitely his sides will have more freedom and generally be a more enjoyable environment for players who like to attack.

We haven't completed the Sancho deal so I won't assume he's a United player just yet. Given how positively our attack performed this past season though, I would have high hopes for it next season with Sancho in there. These are all players closer to the beginning of their pro careers than the end, very different from the LVG underachieving all-stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pay him off and take the hit.

Make it back with Sancho shirt sales :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ADM had pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

adox wrote: »
    ADM had pace.

Very quick out of Manchester

I’m honestly so happy about the possibility of this Sancho deal being done soon. It feels like it’s going to be done this week. If it isn’t I won’t be upset as it’s routine for us to drag stuff out.

Also... even though every time I open the Man United thread it brings me to Rockk77’s post from 2 days ago, I still haven’t actually read what they posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

adox wrote: »
    ADM had pace.

Pace of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I'm sure it'll be a gigantic payrise.

Well somebody posted earlier we might pay him something like 200k per week. If Sanchez was on 500k why would Sancho accept less than half?

I’m just wondering is it possible to attract the worlds top talent by saying ‘yeah we used to pay top wages but not anymore’

• Advertisement

Rock77 wrote: »
    Well somebody posted earlier we might pay him something like 200k per week. If Sanchez was on 500k why would Sancho accept less than half?

I’m just wondering is it possible to attract the worlds top talent by saying ‘yeah we used to pay top wages but not anymore’

Because it'll be the best offer he'll get I would have thought. Who is going to pay for him and then pay him more?

Sancho will smash the british transfer record and will be the 3rd most expensive transfer in history if the deal is done.

Is the seemingly lack of interest from other clubs a concern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

No. It's what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Because it'll be the best offer he'll get I would have thought. Who is going to pay for him and then pay him more?

Yeah I hear you, that’s why I asked does anyone know what he’s on now..

No one can afford him only United.

We are still the biggest club in the world and will always have a huge draw for players.

I presume from your post you havent seen much of him? He is a genuine world class talent and i cant wait to see him link up with our squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Given the 8 odd different statements I've seen about Sanchez's wages I'd not be inclined to believe anyone actually has much of an idea what he's on and given a good portion of it would probably be a loyalty deal I'd be inclined to say that most reports are hugely inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Liam O wrote: »
    Given the 8 odd different statements I've seen about Sanchez's wages I'd not be inclined to believe anyone actually has much of an idea what he's on and given a good portion of it would probably be a loyalty deal I'd be inclined to say that most reports are hugely inflated.

Who signed off on his wages tho...even at the low end estimates of his wages seemed insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

bangkok wrote: »

We are still the biggest club in the world and will always have a huge draw for players.

I presume from your post you havent seen much of him? He is a genuine world class talent and i cant wait to see him link up with our squad

Plenty of the big wealthy clubs that could afford him to be fair rather than just united.
    Thread seems to have gone a bit up and down the last few days.
    No deal has been struck yet, no ink on paper, none of us know the terms yet.
    Deep breath is needed by posters and wait till a contract is put out before we all go mad on what if's and how much.

Brilliant news on the sanchez deal if true though.

Regards Smalling, the season he's had at roma he's 100% worth at least 20mill + to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'm sure it is for some rival fans anyway but for me personally, I don't give a bollix. Werent there rumours a number of months back that City were interested in re-signing him and he told them to PFO? Ive no doubt there are plenty of teams that are interested in him but none that have the capacity to actually get him.

• Advertisement

He costs 100m+ euro. There are currently how many clubs who can pay that? Make 2 or 3 max? Maybe just 1? Have to say I find comments like this really odd.
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    Plenty of the big wealthy clubs that could afford him to be fair rather than just united.

There definitely are not plenty of clubs who could afford him at the moment. This will be around the 5th highest fee paid for a player ever. Finances in football have been decimated due to Covid.

I know next to nothing about him tbh. I guess I fear getting caught up in the English media type. I hope we get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Will be nice to have a number 7 worthy of the shirt number again!

Hopefully it's not cursed. Di Maria, Memphis and Sanchez all seemed worthy of it at the time and turned out to be disastrous.

I know next to nothing about him tbh. I guess I fear getting caught up in the English media type. I hope we get him.

He is the real deal. Up there with Mbappe in the same age bracket IMO and he is a right winger. His passing is clinical in the final 3rd, as Rio used to say about Messi and Ronaldo, time stands still when they have to make the final pass or shoot on goal, i feel its like that with him as well, he is very calm on the ball. Exactly what we need.

Imagine..

Rashford.....martial........Sancho

................bruno.............

....matic..........pogba..........

And thats with Greenwood sitting on the bench. Serious line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

IF we're imagining we may as well imagine a Matic replacement or someone who can at least share the burden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will be nice to have a number 7 worthy of the shirt number again!

Hopefully it's not cursed. Di Maria, Memphis and Sanchez all seemed worthy of it at the time and turned out to be disastrous.

Owen probably the best to wear it since Ronaldo. Valencia had his worst year at number 7 before switching to 25.

He is the real deal. Up there with Mbappe in the same age bracket IMO and he is a right winger. His passing is clinical in the final 3rd, as Rio used to say about Messi and Ronaldo, time stands still when they have to make the final pass or shoot on goal, i feel its like that with him as well, he is very calm on the ball. Exactly what we need.

Imagine..

Rashford.....martial........Sancho

................bruno.............

....matic..........pogba..........

And thats with Greenwood sitting on the bench. Serious line up

Greenwood will be a starter by the end of next season. Pressure on Marital and more so Rashford to deliver consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We wear the new kit starting tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think part of the reason United are so determined to get Sancho this summer is because Real, Barca, Liverpool (other clubs linked with him in the past) can't afford that kind of transfer this summer. Potentially if we didn't do it this summer, he becomes much more difficult to sign next summer.

I think Klopp was very public in his liking of Sancho. But also that it wouldn't be a transfer Liverpool could persue.

Chelsea was another touted destination but depending on reports either we turned his head enough months ago or Chelsea decided to look at other positions (with the new Ajax signing, Werner and CHO all part of that reason)

Also, I find it funny when people talk about lack of competition for a signing. In reality we rarely see clubs really compete for top players - it is usually sorted between buying club and player behind the scenes first and then you have the transfer discussions you see in the press.

Was there any competition for Mbappe when PSG signed him? United were apparently the only other club in for Haaland and Bellingham - do we really think there weren't any other clubs other than Dortmund and United that wanted those players?

I have no doubt that other clubs discussed Sancho with his agents and had some level of discussions with Dortmund - but United being willing to spend big THIS summer is what will likely swing it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

i hope hes as good as lads are making out on here. ill admit i havnt seen much , and what i have seen i wasnt impressed.

it was post lockdown games however, so ill wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sancho is without doubt going to be a great addition to our squad. Whether he's enough to get us to the next level is another question altogether. I don't think he's going to singlehandedly run round a low block defence.

• Looks like Chris 'Mike' Smalling is staying according to his twitter

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Sancho is without doubt going to be a great addition to our squad. Whether he's enough to get us to the next level is another question altogether. I don't think he's going to singlehandedly run round a low block defence.

Erm.... with Pogba, Bruno, Martial, Rashford (and Greenwood) we don't need him to single handedly do it.

IMO United have already shown a much better ability to create goals against tight defences with good movement, touch and risky passes.

Looks like Chris 'Mike' Smalling is staying according to his twitter

It doesn't really.

It looks like for right now a move to Roma isn't happening.

A move to Roma, or elsewhere, is still very likely and possible between now and September/October. Already rumblings of both Inter and Juve being interested. He had a great season at Roma, he will have options.

• Advertisement

• Yes, so for now he is staying :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Hey, Man Utd Social Media Team, hire me now. This unveiling writes itself.

3hIJHXQ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Exactly wrote: »
    Greenwood will be a starter by the end of next season. Pressure on Marital and more so Rashford to deliver consistently.

wouldnt be a bit surprised, he could be our main striker from the start of the season, the best finisher at the club right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

wouldnt be a bit surprised, he could be our main striker from the start of the season, the best finisher at the club right now

It’s ideal really. Everyone has Rashford Martial and Sancho in their lineups with Mason in reserve... I’m not so sure....these boys are gonna be pushing each other mad and will know that they can’t afford to let their standards drop.

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    It’s ideal really. Everyone has Rashford Martial and Sancho in their lineups with Mason in reserve... I’m not so sure....these boys are gonna be pushing each other mad and will know that they can’t afford to let their standards drop.

all the better, if any of them drop out of form they can be easily replaced and thats before we consider another striker, as i think Ole will want to bring in another striker to replace Igahalo when he goes back to china

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement