Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20 (Mod Notes Post #1)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Brandon Williams is also in Mykonos right now. His partner was with Maguire's yesterday. So I wonder if he was with Maguire last night or not.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1296819957741891585

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

is this what journalists get paid to report these days?! what a pointless tweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    is this what journalists get paid to report these days?! what a pointless tweet

How the EFF is it pointless.

United captain arrested, and we know two other United players were with him yesterday. How is it not pertinent to confirm the two other United players were not involved.

FFS/

How the EFF is it pointless.

United captain arrested, and we know two other United players were with him yesterday. How is it not pertinent to confirm the two other United players were not involved.

FFS/

Considering the other 2 that were arrested were 28 and 29 it was a fairly pointless tweet imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

innocent until proven guilty and all of that...

You stated as a fact earlier he didnt hit any police officer so no need to be worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Were Smalling or Mata there can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Considering the other 2 that were arrested were 28 and 29 it was a fairly pointless tweet imo

The other two arrested. ARRESTED. That would not confirm that Rashford and Williams were not with him at the time and involved to a smaller extent, or witnesses to what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Harry Maguire attempted to escape by running away from the Greek officers as he shouted and cursed at them.

Christ, if any of this is true he seem like a proper daft bloke. He's been taken to a neighboring island now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I blame Lindelof for Maguires arrest, could be in a final tonight if it wasnt for his shoddy defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah hearing that too. Getting into a fight with other Brits outside a Greek bar and then apparently assaulting police too! Doesn't look good if all of thats true, especially the assaulting the police part.

If there's any evidence, CCTV or otherwise to prove this is true then he'll probably be stripped on the captaincy over this.

He goes on the piss to Greece during Covid pandemic

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He goes on the piss to Greece during Covid pandemic

Are Brits recommended not to travel to any country or is there a green list for them? I imagine the club knew about all players going on holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Are Brits recommended not to travel to any country or is there a green list for them? I imagine the club knew about all players going on holiday.

greece is on the green list:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

i'm gonna reserve judgement until the full facts are out. when things like this happen, cops tend to arrest a cohort of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just looking at buildup to Europa final.....Jaysus Brandon Williams attempt at blocking the cross for Sevilla’s winner was pathetic :(

If Arry has being a silly boy in Greece I would be happy to see him stripped of Captaincy.These guys earn in a week what would be a decent lotto win.They have to learn to turn the other cheek when out in an atmosphere where they meet other well oiled lads.

Reckon Inter will win 2 nil tonight with Lukaku getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

I want Inter to win this. Seville already looking for cards. A very unlikeable team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Chilwell off to Chelsea for £50m after they supposedly wanted £80m. Chelsea still looking to sign Havertz too and potentially Thiago Silva. Oh to have a DOF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chilwell off to Chelsea for £50m after they supposedly wanted £80m. Chelsea still looking to sign Havertz too and potentially Thiago Silva. Oh to have a DOF.

On top of Zieych and Werner.

Someone should tell them they aren’t allowed do that many transfers in one window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Lord TSC wrote: »

Someone should tell them they aren’t allowed do that many transfers in one window...

If we don't strengthen this Summer we will be challenging for 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

that would take United about 5 transfer windows to do that, so feckin slow and the same every year, concentrate on 1 player and don't get him ffs.:(

Some header from de jong

• Advertisement

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    that would take United about 5 transfer windows to do that, so feckin slow and the same every year, concentrate on 1 player and don't get him ffs.:(

End up buying more Deadwood in a panic on the last day of the market. Some match this EL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Frustrating isn’t it. This summer is really beginning to feel like Jose’s after coming 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

billyhead wrote: »
    If we don't strengthen this Summer we will be challenging for 4th.

Chelsea will still be the same mess they were this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Crazy for all the faults over the years the only one left still standing is Ed, ffs just put him back to getting sponsorship and get a proper person for the job

Hococop wrote: »
    Crazy for all the faults over the years the only one left still standing is Ed, ffs just put him back to getting sponsorship and get a proper person for the job

According to reports a while back he is no longer involved in the recruitment side of things

According to reports a while back he is no longer involved in the recruitment side of things

Makes it worse somehow, what are we even doing anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Spending large wads of money incoherently. It's not really about the funds supplied, we've spent a lot but poorly on some players, and left obvious gaps

I'll wait anothet few weeks before i will judge, i think ole has done well so far in his squad choices since he got the job

I'll wait anothet few weeks before i will judge, i think ole has done well so far in his squad choices since he got the job

Agree. We have until October to judge it although it would be nice to have quality signings before the league starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

That Europa League was really there for the taking, Inter and Sevilla are no great shakes.

Sevilla are a good side in fairness. Minutes away from winning this yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this is ed's last roll of the dice IMO.

he has signed off on every manager, every signing. most of which have failed (or at least not excelled).

i dont know how its that complicated. A player is valued at ~100, Just offer ~90 cash upfront, job done.

else, move on.

i think, if next season things go tits up, EW will be gone.

if not, us as fans, should be ashamed of ourselves. any brand is only worth what consumers will buy.

are they taking advantage of supporter sentiment, absolutely. do they know that, i have no doubt. will we the supporters do anything, i doubt it.

this is the summer to make a move. like jose finishing 2nd, where pretty much nothing was done.

can't believe people are talking about brooks - are you for real? where TF has your ambition gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We would have beaten Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Liam O wrote: »
    Were Smalling or Mata there can anyone confirm?

Don't know about Smalling but Mata was cup tied

Defo, said whoever won our game would beat inter. They are not great at all

ankles wrote: »
    Spending large wads of money incoherently. It's not really about the funds supplied, we've spent a lot but poorly on some players, and left obvious gaps

Biggest issue for me is the stupid contract extension with a big wages increase, hard to sell a player on stupid money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Inter are poor tonight.

But then Sevilla make it tough. Theyre a difficult team to play.
    Inter possibly over confident after the Semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Feel bad for the old utd players, tough break for them

this is ed's last roll of the dice IMO.

he has signed off on every manager, every signing. most of which have failed (or at least not excelled).

i dont know how its that complicated. A player is valued at ~100, Just offer ~90 cash upfront, job done.

else, move on.

i think, if next season things go tits up, EW will be gone.

if not, us as fans, should be ashamed of ourselves. any brand is only worth what consumers will buy.

are they taking advantage of supporter sentiment, absolutely. do they know that, i have no doubt. will we the supporters do anything, i doubt it.

this is the summer to make a move. like jose finishing 2nd, where pretty much nothing was done.

can't believe people are talking about brooks - are you for real? where TF has your ambition gone?

Brooks is a squad player at best. No way would he be a starter.

Kick in the stones for lukaku, scores the og that loses them the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yeah but Sevilla had an extra days rest.

Or At least that was an excuse used earlier for one of our games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

BenK wrote: »
    That Europa League was really there for the taking, Inter and Sevilla are no great shakes.

Neither are we

Lukaku scoring the winner for Sevilla, tough break.

Neither are we

Maybe, but I still think we have the players to be better than Inter and Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Headshot wrote: »
    Feel bad for the old utd players, tough break for them

Delighted that a couple of them didn't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Our defence still isn’t good enough to win a major trophy. Another central defender, and right winger are needed at a minimum. With Henderson staying De Gea will need to step up. Himself and Maguire are good players but they don’t have the strong presence & leadership that big European nights demand.

jay0109 wrote: »
    Delighted that a couple of them didn't win!

Would like to have seen Young win it, that's about it.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Our defence still isn’t good enough to win a major trophy. Another central defender, and right winger are needed at a minimum. With Henderson staying De Gea will need to step up. Himself and Maguire are good players but they don’t have the strong presence & leadership that big European nights demand.

We need players that will start and have an impact on the 1st team i.e Sancho but that deal looks unlikely. I don't know who we can sign for CD that would be an immediate starter. Would the defender at RB Liebzig we have been linked with be good enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maguire spending a second night in a prison cell tonight, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Maguire spending a second night in a prison cell tonight, apparently.

Just off the phone to a mate who reps in Mykonos. Gave some details on harrymaguire incident. Said Maguire was attacked from behind on Wednesday night so he went to defend himself. Trouble is, by the time he'd turned around, it was Friday morning & he hit an innocent bystander.

This is obviously a joke but its too true unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Where were the scouting department when Jules Kounde left Bordeaux to join Sevilla , for one of the biggest clubs in the world United's scouting department is sh1te !! 21 years of age, a composed young man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement