Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20 (Mod Notes Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So Harry Maguire was arrested last night. Early reports are saying that he fell over in Greece and head-butted Cyprus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

jay0109 wrote: »
    Delighted that a couple of them didn't win!

I don't get this bitter attitude towards the ex players, I see it with other fan bases but never really see it from United fans.

Lukaku was unwanted by Ole, thats why he is there.

Sanchez simply didn't work out with us, thats why he is there.

Young was a good servant to the club but was past his sell by date, thats why he is there.

Wish ex players good luck when they leave unless they act the bollox to get a move, its small time stuff otherwise imo.

I don't get this bitter attitude towards the ex players, I see it with other fan bases but never really see it from United fans.

Young was a good servant to the club but was past his sell by date, thats why he is there.

Wish ex players good luck when they leave unless they act the bollox to get a move, its small time stuff otherwise imo.

1+ it's small time tbh, we need to build a bridge and get over it tbh

Back to Harry news, more updates on it

Harry Maguire has reportedly been arrested for fighting while on holiday in Greece.

Lawyers will use footage of his defending against Sevilla to argue that he has no awareness of his surroundings and couldn't possibly react quick enough to be involved in a fight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Where were the scouting department when Jules Kounde left Bordeaux to join Sevilla , for one of the biggest clubs in the world United's scouting department is sh1te !! 21 years of age, a composed young man.

9 of the 11 starting players for Sevilla were brought in by Monchi last summer. A great DoF can work wonders....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Headshot wrote: »
    So Harry Maguire was arrested last night. Early reports are saying that he fell over in Greece and head-butted Cyprus.

None of your jokes are actually even funny

• Advertisement

Bruno finishes the Europa Leaguw top scorer with eight goals.
    bangkok wrote: »

I disagree.

Keep them coming Headshot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Lord TSC wrote: »

Mata with the mosts assists too, yet sat on the bench when it really mattered

I disagree.

Keep them coming Headshot :)

Ty TSC my good man

Nothing beats a good old corny joke once in a while

If the Greek police have watched Harry Maguire play CB this season I highly doubt they're gonna believe he's capable of self defence

One of my favourites

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1296799805063286784

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

9 of the 11 starting players for Sevilla were brought in by Monchi last summer. A great DoF can work wonders....

Monchi has done great after such a horrible time at Roma.

It is not possible to bring in a dozen or more players every season at United and try to create a new team each season, players will have a chance to develop at a club like Sevilla that would not be possible at United.

United is not a club that will afford players time to get up to speed and improve like we see at Sevilla or in places like France with Lille or Lyon. Dalot, Shaw even Martial show how players can struggle in an environment that is like United's.

United need a differant type of DOF if they ever go down that route. Hard to see an obvious transition into such a role at United. It is clealry not a Monchi, it is not a Woodward (although Granovskaia at Chelsea suggests the non football person can work) and they former player directors are not a thing at United. Maybe Ole's vision and attachment to United of old suggests a former player as a director could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Humour is subjective, what you may not find funny, plenty of others will. A bit of light hearted humour does the thread no harm at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

come on! they're funny!

i dont know why everyone takes this so seriously. a 27 year old on the beer with his mates, a fight happened.
    this notion that they should be held to a higher standard, while on the other hand criticising the wages. have 1 or the other!

anyone, if i came along and offered you the same job for 100% pay rise (or whatever), you would all take it.

if he did punch an officer, that a different story. I would nearly bet the house that he didn't.

lets just sign sancho and get on with 20/21!

If ye could sign any 3 players this summer who would they be....

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I couldn’t care less about what Maguire is accused of doing. His performance last week is something I have a big problem with.

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

Jadon Sancho
    Ruben Neves
    Dayot Upamecano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

wow, I wasnt aware of that, spent nearly €200 million on 14 plus players..
    Amazing, very rarely works such a huge overhaul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

what i would do:

RW: sacho
    CM: fred in exchange for Partey. you cant buy a midfielder while keeping him.
    CB/LB: malang sarr: free

thats an outlay of ~ 120 + ~10 maybe? how much is fred worth?

job done. team massively improved, and for the next ~8 years at least.

what i would do:

RW: sacho
    CM: fred in exchange for Partey. you cant buy a midfielder while keeping him.
    CB/LB: malang sarr: free

thats an outlay of ~ 120 + ~10 maybe? how much is fred worth?

job done. team massively improved, and for the next ~8 years at least.

I should have said its a fantasy budget...can sign whoever you want....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

Reguilon
    Upamecano
    Oblak

billyhead wrote: »
    Brooks is a squad player at best. No way would he be a starter.

Brooks would start ahead of greenwood.

as A GW shouldnt be playing most games as a starter anyways and B brooks is a much more rounded player to that position (but far from finished)

Love greenwood I do but I really dont think the club should be relying on him as a starter just not fair on his development especially as he should be cutting his teeth up front

Honestly in a well run club he is out on loan this season in a lower league or maybe out foreign

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Reguilon
    Upamecano
    Oblak

Ok Roy Hodgson :)

• Advertisement

Lukaku nearly went on strike to leave the club and generally looked half arsed for much of his career at united, i'd feel the same about him as I do do Di Maria.

No ill will to Sanchez, Young or Herrera.

But its harldy small time liking the first 2 do badly

DM_7 wrote: »
    Monchi has done great after such a horrible time at Roma.

United is not a club that will afford players time to get up to speed and improve like we see at Sevilla or in places like France with Lille or Lyon. Dalot, Shaw even Martial show how players can struggle in an environment that is like United's.

We have stuck with so many players recently who aren't up the scratch.

We also haven't had a complete first 11 in nearly a decade.

IMO the above is just nonsense given what we have seen go on at the club recently and you kinda contradict yourself with the Shaw and Martial who have been given plenty of time to perform. After being hit and miss over many seasons.

Id love to sign Digne from everton,

Just so techncally brilliant on the ball decent dribbler slight down side he isn't the quickest player in the world and slightly suspect defending but quite the opposite of AWB.

Be decent loopsided balance to the back 4

But we would also need an out and out hero of a right winger/forward be it Sancho or whoever, preferably a player who can dribble in tight spaces

Lukaku nearly went on strike to leave the club and generally looked half arsed for much of his career at united, i'd feel the same about him as I do do Di Maria.

Did I imagine those 27 goals in his first season? Hes an off the shoulder striker, and a very good one at that too, yet the plan was always to have him drop deep. Wasted

Ole dropped him when he was on a run of scoring goals as soon as Rashford was fit and available.

It seemed fairly apparent that he was not going to be first choice.

Ole has brought some decent changes to attitude and shipped out players, but he's been no less cold and brutal than Jose and gets a free pass. His squad management is increasingly suspect.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Did I imagine those 27 goals in his first season? Hes an off the shoulder striker, and a very good one at that too, yet the plan was always to have him drop deep. Wasted

Ole dropped him when he was on a run of scoring goals as soon as Rashford was fit and available.

It seemed fairly apparent that he was not going to be first choice.

Ole has brought some decent changes to attitude and shipped out players, but he's been no less cold and brutal than Jose and gets a free pass. His squad management is increasingly suspect.

I dont disagree with much or maybe any of that.

But he just didnt want to be a Drogba for Jose he could do it to a certain degree given his size but just to me never seemed interested in it.

From the bits ive seem at inter he is capable of it, if interested.

Did i make up the mini strike I deffo thought it was a thing or maybe it was a social media thing.

Totally agree on the off the shoulder attacker as he is so quick and strong probably the best in the business in the world right now at holding off defenders on through balls.

Oddly would have been a great for how Ole plays but im not sure he knows what style he wants month to month

Either way i remember being very less then impressed with Lukakus exit which was my main point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

Van Dijk
    Lewandowski
    Kante

xtal191 wrote: »
    Van Dijk
    Lewandowski
    Kante

I'd swap ndidi for Kante, but otherwise probably this

If we could take one player from Liverpool itd have to be Salah.

He is still underrated (and we all know he is good), even by Liverpool fans I feel.

His finishing (unless it improves) will leave him outside the truly world class players, but his dribbling (scaring the **** out of opposition) is 1 of the best in the league, id have sterling and marhez there too, Saint Maximum at Newcastle while very raw has that ability also.

But given our weakest position is rw it'd be Salah from Liverpool.

He also makes Mane (still a good player) look better then he is, as he gets a lot more space to work in

Season 1 he scored 16 league goals for us.

Season 2 he scored 24 league goals for us despite spending much of the first half of it playing wide right then much of the second half on the bench when Ole came in.

It was made very clear by the manager that he was only going to be a bit part player so why wouldnt he want to leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Mine would be

Alphonso Davies
    Mbappe
    De Bruyne

Sancho
    Van Dijk
    Foden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Van Dijk
    Ndidi
    Sancho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Sancho
    Van Dijk
    Foden

On field,
    Sancho
    Ndidi
    Kane

Off field fantasy top 3
    New Owners
    A DoF
    A new Manager

We have stuck with so many players recently who aren't up the scratch.

We also haven't had a complete first 11 in nearly a decade.

IMO the above is just nonsense given what we have seen go on at the club recently and you kinda contradict yourself with the Shaw and Martial who have been given plenty of time to perform. After being hit and miss over many seasons.

The piece you removed about United not changing a dozen players each summer completely changes the context of my post or why I mentioned those players.

All three had opportunites limited due to the levels required at United where are others are or were selected despite the money spent on each. Maybe I should add others like Memphis who has grown into such a good player away from OT.

I don't think United will ever be the type of club who need a dof focussed on double digit new first team players a season. We see all the time questions about why United did not find or sign a guy who turned out to be a bargain player for another side. If we ask that we also have to consider the platform the player had to grow at the club where their environment and circumstances were a huge factor.

Of course none of that changes the mistakes United clearly made/make or need to have a better approach, I just don't think a Monchi type is the answer.

Season 1 he scored 16 league goals for us.

Season 2 he scored 24 league goals for us despite spending much of the first half of it playing wide right then much of the second half on the bench when Ole came in.

It was made very clear by the manager that he was only going to be a bit part player so why wouldnt he want to leave?

He scored 12 in his second season not 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Brooks would start ahead of greenwood.

as A GW shouldnt be playing most games as a starter anyways and B brooks is a much more rounded player to that position (but far from finished)

Love greenwood I do but I really dont think the club should be relying on him as a starter just not fair on his development especially as he should be cutting his teeth up front

Honestly in a well run club he is out on loan this season in a lower league or maybe out foreign

Sending Greenwood out on loan would be absolute lunacy imo.

Nothing wrong with playing a young striker out wide either, keeps them away from the real physical side. It's a well used method by well run clubs.

I do agree that he shouldn't be depended upon as a starter. Another year or two of minding him would be ideal. But it absolutely should be us minding him and not some other club.

• Advertisement

I'm not arguing that I'd want a DoF to make that many changes in one summer for us. The point is with a great system in place, coupled with a desire to actually win trophies, a top level DoF can do so much for a club. I also never fully buy into the "You can't change 11 players in one summer" mentality if I'm being honest.

Mainly because I think when there's certain weaknesses in the squad, I feel dragging on the process of replacing players only drags that issue on longer, rather than lowering it's impact.

Chelsea are on track to buy five new first team players this summer (Werner, Zieych, Havertz, Silva, Chilwell), and I'd be shocked if they don't move for a goalkeeper too. Now, maybe that will impact this season coming. On the other hand, by next season, they'll all be massively bedded in and ready to fire the following one. Chelsea are pretty much guaranteeing a title bid in the next 24 months with their aggressive window.

City, likewise, will likely have an aggressive window. It's looking like Ake and Torres, Koubilly, I'd have worries about Messi.

Both clubs are making moves which show ambition.

Meanwhile, we're still trying to plug holes that have been there for years, and new holes are popping up now. RW and CM was an issue last summer, and now we've got holes popping up in the squad, arguably at CB (again) and LB. We're constantly fighting to keep up with our ultra-slow methodology. We obviously need three or four players just to maintain our current level (let alone improve). Matic aging. We're lucky we've got DDG's long term replacement coming through the system already, or we'd have to be putting another 70m in there.

I'm not arguing we need 9 new players. But we absolutely needed 4 minimum to improve our level at the standard others around us will be improving.

A DoF established two or three years ago might have even been able to buy a few 18-21 year olds who Ole would be more confident working into the team. We've been doing well bringing in a few new kids recently at academy level. But you look at the likes of Leipzig getting to the CL finals on the back of their incredible youth system, Ajax making the CL finals last year with their great scouting system...

...a good DoF would have been plugging the holes we've had more effectively. A Monchi at United wouldn't need to have signed 9 new starters last summer, but with our scouting system, instead of focusing 120m on a single transfer to the detriment of all others, would he have been able to scout four targets for this summer more effectively?

(This has become a bit of a Saturday morning ramble....)

When Jose got sandbagged, there was nearly a level of blame put on Jose for the type of manager he was. "Who'd want to sign more players for him, his record is bad, he's boring and falls out with players. Ed is justified".

Not Ole, a manager who plays attractive football, with younger players, is also getting sandbagged on the back of a 3rd place finish.

We have no structure. No plans. No ambition to improve.

Its depressing. I usually try and be optimistic in windows. But this just feels like last summer again. No real links to anyone (bar Sancho which seems like it's 90% dead), while everyone around us is showing ambition. :/

DM_7 wrote: »
    He scored 12 in his second season not 24.

No idea how I came up with 24, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

No idea how I came up with 24, cheers.

counting kg gained? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

I'm not arguing that I'd want a DoF to make that many changes in one summer for us. The point is with a great system in place, coupled with a desire to actually win trophies, a top level DoF can do so much for a club. I also never fully buy into the "You can't change 11 players in one summer" mentality if I'm being honest.

Mainly because I think when there's certain weaknesses in the squad, I feel dragging on the process of replacing players only drags that issue on longer, rather than lowering it's impact.

Chelsea are on track to buy five new first team players this summer (Werner, Zieych, Havertz, Silva, Chilwell), and I'd be shocked if they don't move for a goalkeeper too. Now, maybe that will impact this season coming. On the other hand, by next season, they'll all be massively bedded in and ready to fire the following one. Chelsea are pretty much guaranteeing a title bid in the next 24 months with their aggressive window.

City, likewise, will likely have an aggressive window. It's looking like Ake and Torres, Koubilly, I'd have worries about Messi.

Meanwhile, we're still trying to plug holes that have been there for years, and new holes are popping up now. RW and CM was an issue last summer, and now we've got holes popping up in the squad, arguably at CB (again) and LB. We're constantly fighting to keep up with our ultra-slow methodology. We obviously need three or four players just to maintain our current level (let alone improve). Matic aging. We're lucky we've got DDG's long term replacement coming through the system already, or we'd have to be putting another 70m in there.

I'm not arguing we need 9 new players. But we absolutely needed 4 minimum to improve our level at the standard others around us will be improving.

A DoF established two or three years ago might have even been able to buy a few 18-21 year olds who Ole would be more confident working into the team. We've been doing well bringing in a few new kids recently at academy level. But you look at the likes of Leipzig getting to the CL finals on the back of their incredible youth system, Ajax making the CL finals last year with their great scouting system...

...a good DoF would have been plugging the holes we've had more effectively. A Monchi at United wouldn't need to have signed 9 new starters last summer, but with our scouting system, instead of focusing 120m on a single transfer to the detriment of all others, would he have been able to scout four targets for this summer more effectively?

When Jose got sandbagged, there was nearly a level of blame put on Jose for the type of manager he was. "Who'd want to sign more players for him, his record is bad, he's boring and falls out with players. Ed is justified".

Not Ole, a manager who plays attractive football, with younger players, is also getting sandbagged on the back of a 3rd place finish.

Its depressing. I usually try and be optimistic in windows. But this just feels like last summer again. No real links to anyone (bar Sancho which seems like it's 90% dead), while everyone around us is showing ambition. :/

We have a chance to kick on next season by strengthening this Summer but if we don't it's a case of 1 step forward and 2 back. It will be a shambles if we don't plug the gaping holes in our 1st team and strengthen the bench options.

LordTSC, not going to quote the whole post. It is a very good post you made. Just to confirm I have no issue with a half dozen players joining if that is needed either.

In my previous replies I was getting at how Monchi makes loads of changes in and out every year. That eystem works for Sevilla as they get good money for their best players but they are a selling club (and buying). That is not what United need every year and why I don't think a guy like him would be of benefit to United.

• Advertisement

Journalists chasing people down on the street to shout provocative questions at people is something that I hate. Maybe I’m completely wrong but a youngfella having a fight in a bar on holidays is hardly something we should all be outraged by. It’s not a good thing to do but I’d be surprised if anyone over the age of 30 who drinks in pubs hasn’t been in some sort of scuffle in their life. This one may have been more than the usual pushing and shoving but ffs nobody died.

Ah.

So it seems to be coming out now that Maguire's sister was at the scene, and got stabbed in the arm with a "sharp object".

I cant believe i was the only one to pick Mbappe as one of their 3 dream signings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ah.

So it seems to be coming out now that Maguire's sister was at the scene, and got stabbed in the arm with a "sharp object".

Need to see all the footage to make a proper judgement, so far it's all different speculations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

GSPfan wrote: »
    Journalists chasing people down on the street to shout provocative questions at people is something that I hate. Maybe I’m completely wrong but a youngfella having a fight in a bar on holidays is hardly something we should all be outraged by. It’s not a good thing to do but I’d be surprised if anyone over the age of 30 who drinks in pubs hasn’t been in some sort of scuffle in their life. This one may have been more than the usual pushing and shoving but ffs nobody died.

27 is hardly a young fella.

Also is it common place here to be arrested for allegedly fighting outside a pub? I doubt it.

As much as you are calling out the journalists for their sensationalism you are hugely underplaying it as if it’s nothing at all, hence doing the same thing you are complaining about, just the other side of the coin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Reguilon and Upemacano would probably cost less than 80m for both and could potentially solve 2 first team issues. If they could be signed with Sancho it would be an amazing summer but wishful thinking I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This is why I’m always angry. Constant focus on managers and big name signings are distractions. Ever since I was forced to sell my own shares in the club back in 2005, I’ve had an underlying hatred for the owners and Woodward (for brokering the deal). But like every other fan, I buried this when we started to win leagues and hoped the influence of the owners would become more passive.

Instead , they’ve slowly destroyed our advantage over our rivals and are painfully running the club into the ground. I dread to think where the club might be in a few years time.

Ignorance is actually bliss. On the days I don’t think of the overall state of the club and how we have fallen, I can get sporadic moments of joy. Glimmers of hope like Fernandes only serve as a reminder of what once was and can be just enough to tantalise us all into believing there are green shoots of recovery. Deep down I don’t believe it and I don’t believe any other fan really does think anything has changed.

The stadium is falling apart, very much like the team and our ability to live off our past glories. Ole’s appointment was a joke and a sign that those at the top had no plan and no idea how to manage the footballing side. But clubs like Chelsea , Barcelona and even Madrid have shown the capacity to succeed with managers with little pedigree before taking the job. Maybe Ole can somehow make our dysfunctional club work, that’s how I feel right now but I know it’s a fairly flimsy reasoning to expect the clubs deeper issues to just work themselves out. I suppose we all do what we need to do to not give up complete hope. Lower expectations with Ole may lead to a more satisfying journey with sporadic moments of satisfaction.

I have been supporting Ole , like I have all our managers, but I don’t see them as our biggest problem. The money being spent/wasted is all because there is and has not been a competent plan since 2013 when Woodward/Glazers took more responsibilities in the football side of things. I fear their uneducated influence in footballing affairs is far more damaging then people care to consider. They were good at growing United's marketing potential, the should of stuck to that area of competency.

Some of our fans seem to think that if we can just get the right manager things will work out. That may prove to eventually be the case but this has continually given the Owners (the real problem) a pass. There are plenty of examples around Europe where clubs have had success more from how they a create an environment for winning and a manager is usually the final piece of that jigsaw. Not one time in 7 years have United looked like a club ready to fullfil the potential that’s it’s financial muscle promises. To look anywhere else but the top is folly.

It’s our inability to do anything to change the owners that leads us to get angry at the wrong elements. Players and managers taking responsibility and the anger for not matching the fans goals. But fans goals and the owners goals don’t match up. Winning a league or champions league is not financially desirable at a certain point. Between 2005-13 the investment in the first team was very conservative relative to the return received. The exact opposite has happened since 2013 , the decisions on how to use our resources and who to manage them are all 100% down to the Glazers and Woodward by extension. It really is that simple.

In the summer Fred and Dalot were bought to make up double digit distance from league winner, it was the final evidence required to confirm what most of us knew already, that the ambition of the fans and owners are not equal. What is worse, is that the owners have shown no ambition to improve or change how they have wasted our resources. The club is at this stage their play thing, they don’t want to make the changes , any other business model failing as badly as their footwell model would be thrown out and replaced..

Daily Mail also has this about the bribery charge.

“In fact, he asked without knowing naturally the procedures in Greece, what should be the amount (penalty) that he should pay, as is the case in England in similar cases, in order for the incident to end and for everyone to leave the department.

According to the report, a misunderstanding of the moment and misunderstanding ended up accusing Maguire of a case of attempted bribery of the police, who was surprised and shocked by the way the case took.”

adox wrote: »
    27 is hardly a young fella.

Also is it common place here to be arrested for allegedly fighting outside a pub? I doubt it.

As much as you are calling out the journalists for their sensationalism you are hugely underplaying it as if it’s nothing at all, hence doing the same thing you are complaining about, just the other side of the coin.

I am “calling out” journalists for the way they try provoke people into a reaction by shouting at them as they walk down the street.

And it is nothing at all. It’s a fight. Happens all the time. He isn’t held to a higher standard because he’s famous. He’s not a politician he’s a football player. He’s not claiming to be anything other than a footballer. He’s a youngfella (a young man) who had a scrap in a bar on holidays. Shocking!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement