Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip a standing order payment

Options
  • 25-06-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to skip a single standing order payment.

Can I do this by putting the SO on hold?  Or does this just stop the payment going out until I release it again?

The only other option I can think of is to cancel the standing order and create a new one in a months time.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Hi

I want to skip a single standing order payment.

Can I do this by putting the SO on hold?  Or does this just stop the payment going out until I release it again?

The only other option I can think of is to cancel the standing order and create a new one in a months time.

Thanks.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. You can certainly place the standing order on hold, this will stop the payment debiting you’re account until the hold is removed from your account. 

You can add or remove the hold from the standing order online through banking 365, please select manage accounts and manage standing orders. It is important to note that when adding a hold or removing a hold this takes 24 hours to be auctioned on the account once completed before the cut off point of 3.30pm. 

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks Jen 

Advertisement