Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

it’s amazing how few people are talking about the violence committed by foreigners. While the volume of discussions I see online about the violence committed by foreigners grows every week.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks - another candidate to consider is Malachy Steenson.

He is a solicitor and running in Dublin for local elections.

He favours sane sensible immigration policies.

Seems a decent, smart man who is horrified at the huge deterioration of Irish society over the last few years.

Just to show how biased and skewed the mainstream media has become -

Malachy was unfortunately subject to a man arriving at his election HQ with the aim of killing him a few days ago.

He got into the office complex and was on his way to kill (self confessed motive) when he was apprehended.

The man was apprehended and arrested by guards.

I only found out about this by looking at Malachy Twitter and other alternative media Twitter.

Not a word about it on RTÉ …

Post edited by Beechwoodspark on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nope. Another Nazi grifter:

Malachy Steenson, a solicitor and former Workers’ Party election candidate who has been involved in anti-asylum seeker protests, defended the demonstration that included a mock gallows and portraits of politicians.

Protesters shouted “traitors” and obscenities at staff and politicians attempting to enter and exit Leinster House, while politicians were also blocked from leaving the parliamentary precinct via the Merrion Street entrance on Wednesday evening.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/anti-migrant-campaigner-defends-protesters-shouting-abuse-at-politicians-and-calls-scenes-outside-dail-a-minor-skirmish/a808519823.html

I know people don't like politicians but I live in the UK where we've had two murdered not long ago. We know where this leads and there are people here actively defending and promoting it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• We cannot have one rule for the National Party and another rule for others.

There are extremists on both sides, and none of this violence is acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Do you know what his stance is on abortion? Marriage equality? Irish membership of the EU?

Or ehat ideas does he has regarding immigration control?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,285 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yep. Agreed. Guy was apparently arrested according to the journal and will appear in court and rightfully so.

• I think this pretty much proves my point.

When violence is meted out to election candidates by members of the National Party, it's deplored (and rightly so).

But when violence is meted out to election candidates by members of the far-left, it becomes a subject of humour to the same people.

It's blatant hypocrisy.

I'm at least consistent in that I think both forms of political, violent extremism should be called out.

HHe was arrested under the Public Order Act. Not for attempted murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭nachouser

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but if you're getting your news from this guy, you should probably have a re-think re the kind of stuff you're consuming.

Post edited by nachouser on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just to be clear, Steenson was not actually present when the "assassination attempt" took place.

I literally agreed with your point and the poster you replied to didn't.

Kinda selective of the points you reply to....?

• Imagine if the tables were turned, and someone from the National Party was intent on causing violence or murder to a political opponent.

Imagine if I came on here and argued, "Well, the person involved was not actually present…".

In other words, it would be a flagrant attempt to minimize the action of the aggressor — and it's appalling.

How exactly was there an assassination attempt on someone, who wasn't there?

• For sure, he was arrested because he planned to do nothing wrong.

No, he was arrested for an offence under the Public Order Act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

It is currently an allegation being made by Steenson. The Gardai have not , at the moment, said that they are investigating a threat to life. It is currently a public order offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

It's pretty fair to put "assassination attempt" in quotes, it was a public order offence. I completely favour him being convicted for any crimes but he's not up on charges for attempted murder by the looks of it. You're very particularly about the definition of words but a claimed "assassination attempt" gets a pass.

https://www.thejournal.ie/malachy-steenson-public-order-incident-arrest-dublin-6382726-May2024/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is he a member of the National Party?

This isn't the "shill for a random right-winger" thread.

Scrap the cap!

Imagine....

What I posted is the simple unvarnished truth.

You're appalled, I'm not surprised.

And it probably won't come before the courts until long after the election.

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭scottser

The NPs threats of violence are very real and to be taken seriously. While I never find the prospect of violence appealing, with these fukkers, I maintain that our right to self-defence is paramount. Learning when and how is a must for everyone no matter your situation or context.

I would encourage everyone to check out self defence classes in your area.

• Just to put the "threat from the National Party" into some wider context (not least because of the very post above this), there were 19,739 cases of "murder, assaults, harassments and related offences" in 2021 in this country.

Yes, the National Party and far-right are no doubt a sprinkling of these cases, but the number of cases is so vanishingly small that it is effectively irrelevant when compared to the total number of violent crimes committed throughout the country.

When these cases do arise, a disproportionate amount of attention is given to them (on this forum) — as if they reflect a widespread threat throughout cities and the country generally. Are these crimes bad? Of course they are. Are they justified? Never. But are they amplified as if it presented a greater risk than actually is the case? Yes, they are. It's obvious.

Violent crime has risen in the country. Of that there is no doubt. But rather than focus on the threat from the actual primary causes of crime in this country, a disproportionate amount of time is spent on one or two isolated cases of some demented nutjob from the National Party. That fact, coupled to their negligible polling and political oblivion at every single election, should lead everyone to the same conclusion that I have come to: that they aren't a serious threat to the country, but that any isolated case of violence should be treated with the same opprobrium we apply to any other case of violence — not more, not less.

As I said earlier, nobody in the real world even considers the National Party or its members. They are effectively an invisible force, except — of course — to those on social media and elsewhere who spend a frightening amount of their time on every member, on everything they say, on everything they do. Baselessly ratcheting up the fear for no reason other than political expediency. Some people simply want a "far-right threat" to exist for the sake of fighting against it. But it doesn't exist, at least not to any meaningful degree. They need to accept this and move on.

Everyone else in the real world are instead focussed on the rise of crime in cities and towns throughout the country — not because of this phantom far-right threat, but because of actual scumbags and thugs and criminal monsters that continue to feel emboldened to do whatever they please — the actual 99.9% of cases of the figure quoted at the very dawn of this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

So more head case candidates both siding and fake Orwell quotes aside, had a bit of a laugh reading this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭nachouser

The National Party are a bunch of shitbags. We're all in agreement about that. Yeah? So, why would anyone defend them? This thread should just be a "Oh, look what the latest wannabe Nazi has done now."

So... we can dismiss the assaults perpetrated by political parties because they don't form a high statistical percentage of the total.…?

• No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying what I said in my post.

It reminds me of this:

• Advertisement

In posted about the number of assaults in Ireland and them said:

the number of cases is so vanishingly small that it is effectively irrelevant when compared to the total number of violent crimes committed throughout the country

So it certainly looks like that's what you said. There's no orher reason to pull up that statistic.

(Can't see the imagine, on data restriction)

Advertisement