Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Calling out someone who's racist is 'milking the race card'? :pac:

posting the racist tweet - fine
    banging on about it all over the media adding to the plethora of previous times where there wasn't even a tweet etc..

Hazel chu is mad for the race card, this time happens to be one of the very few where theres actual evidence of racism

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

banging on about it all over the media adding to the plethora of previous times where there wasn't even a tweet etc..

Hazel chu is mad for the race card, this time happens to be one of the very few where theres actual evidence of racism

The abuse shes got from that lot, lead by Justin Barrett himself, is sickening. After he called her out and called her "that migrant", she started receiving hundreds of messages of abuse and people started phoning her home. Now his wife is racially abusing her online.

There should be no defending this or belittling it it any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    *woman gets sent racist tweet*

*woman replies to racist tweet*

"hey why is this woman banging on about racism"

F*ck sake....

she should be a good little immigrant and be grateful for being allowed to live here. At least that seems to be the thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Yes since 2013 Ireland has been a net contributor. However, from 1973 up to 2018 the country had a net benefit of over €40 billion.

You feel comfortable taking 40 billion from them and then giving nothing back. The majority of people don't think like that.
    This is another odd post.
    Who said anything about giving them nothing back?
    We have given the EU billions back since 2013, and you even say it in your post above and then you talk about giving them nothing back. And people thanked your post even with that anomaly in it? Very odd.

Our parents and grandparents did not vote for the the bureaucratic monster that is now the EU. They voted for the EEC; an economic community. But that has evolved to a situation where now we have the masters of Europe flooding our countries with unqualified non-EU migrants. With some of our leaders in government (Simon Coveney and Eamon Ryan) advocating for an Ireland with 10 million residents, France and Germany will try to use Ireland as a migrant dumping ground for those coming up from North Africa.

I'm a little peeved about all of this because my property tax came in the post a few days ago, and once again it has gone up. Some of this tax will be used to build the new houses for some of these non-EU migrants, who will also spend their lives on welfare supported by the workers in Ireland. I think this is unfair, and those of you who get hit with these tax increases will most likely feel the same. Some of you who are not taking a tax hit will most likely have no problem with the current asylum/economic migration system.

There will come a time when the numbers of those of us paying into the system will be insufficient to meet the demands of those getting welfare and social housing; especially if the unlimited supply of non-EU migrants continue to be placed in Ireland by the EU. I would like the EU to revert back to an economic cooperation concept, and stay the hell out of the rest of our internal affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

F*ck sake....

Someone abuses me, you, anyone on boards. Report and block. No song. No dance. No days of talking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Someone abuses me, you, anyone on boards. Report and block. No song. No dance. No days of talking about it.

It wasn't on boards. we are anonymous here. It was twitter. She has a right to reply publicly. Somehow you think she is wrong to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It wasn't on boards. we are anonymous here. It was twitter. She has a right to reply publicly. Somehow you think she is wrong to do so.

Waves of targeted racism against an Irish citizen, the Lord Mayor of Dublin no less, is bad. But don't call it out too much like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Like with Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain and harassment, when a prominent person draws attention to their experience of such behaviour it shines a spotlight on the broader problem and hopefully makes it more socially unacceptable and less likely to happen to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

As always with these bizarre people the levels of hypocrisy are extraordinary.

Despite claiming to be a conservative this woman actually stood for election; a woman standing for election.

Despite claiming to be a Catholic Justin Barrett is divorced.

Despite being 50 and claiming to be a nationalist he never picked up a gun to fight the British army.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kivaro wrote: »
    I would like the EU to revert back to an economic cooperation concept, and stay the hell out of the rest of our internal affairs.
    This I would agree with.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Whether it's racism or general nasty abuse, NP sockpuppett accounts post stuff about her online pretty much a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When were they sent??i know late march they took in patients

The countries in the EU looked after their own healthcare first,which i can agree with,but you cannot proclaim.the EU integration good or expect people to cheerlead it,when it become obvious to me in the spring,that it isnt fit for purpose as regards its citizenship.....

its a great money-making/trading bloc and the econmic arguements are relatively flawless,but as a societal tool,which further integration would require,its simply not fit for purpose

"Schrodinger's EU". It's both a superstate steamrolling member countries AND entirely useless at the same time :rolleyes:

Heard enough of that crap in 2016 to last me a lifetime

You really need to inform yourself from proper news sources, not twitter/facebook as another poster said.

For starters, healthcare is a matter for each country, not the EU. If member states want to change that they can, but they'll have to change the EU treaties. Then the usual whingers will be out with their nonsense again, same as every vote we've had since 1972.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This is another odd post.
    Who said anything about giving them nothing back?
    We have given the EU billions back since 2013

You mean the billions they lent us? Yeah, stupid Ireland borrowing money and not just keeping it :rolleyes:

If you mean net contributions (a) you need to show your figures (b) you ignore the non-cash benefits we get e.g. trading in the Single Market. Ignoring this was one of the most stupid things of the many stupid things about Brexit.
    Our parents and grandparents did not vote for the the bureaucratic monster that is now the EU.

The EU "bureaucratic monster" employs fewer civil servants than the Irish government does. About 30,000. Less than one for every 10,000 people.
    I'm a little peeved about all of this because my property tax came in the post a few days ago, and once again it has gone up.

That's down to your local councillors, did you vote in the local elections?
    Some of this tax will be used to build the new houses for some of these non-EU migrants

We need a massive social housing programme (far more than local authorities could ever pay for) but the vast, vast majority of people who need them are Irish born and bred and most of them have jobs.
    especially if the unlimited supply of non-EU migrants continue to be placed in Ireland by the EU.

Exactly how many migrants "The EU" is "placing" here? BTW the Daily Mail doesn't qualify as a source.
    Ireland is accepting a quota of refugees but this is under UN programmes.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

F*ck sake....
    F*ck sake....

"Schrodinger's EU". It's both a superstate steamrolling member countries AND entirely useless at the same time :rolleyes:

Heard enough of that crap in 2016 to last me a lifetime

You really need to inform yourself from proper news sources, not twitter/facebook as another poster said.

For starters, healthcare is a matter for each country, not the EU. If member states want to change that they can, but they'll have to change the EU treaties. Then the usual whingers will be out with their nonsense again, same as every vote we've had since 1972.

Mate they left italy out to dry,when it was on its knees,

nowhere have i said its a superstate,so.i dunno what that rant is about??

How anyone can defend their inaction around this is beyond me,they were well into april and still argueing whether relief funds,should have been loans or grants

Wtf,how is this even up for debate??,the british didnt even look for money back on famine relief works here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Exactly how many migrants "The EU" is "placing" here? BTW the Daily Mail doesn't qualify as a source.
    Ireland is accepting a quota of refugees but this is under UN programmes.
    Such a disingenuous response that you thought might have slipped through all the multi-quotes. I will let you find your own sources, which are abundant. When the EU bosses in Brussels decided to create a new "solidarity mechanism" to resettle migrants/refugees ferried across the Med from Africa by NGOs, President Macron said the new initiative of acceptance by us (The Irish) would be "quick" and "automatic".

Trying to portray the influx of migrants/refugees into Ireland as just a quota under UN programmes is dishonest. We are doing that. But we were also "signed up" for many other migrant resettlement plans under instruction from the EU like the one above from July of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭Odhinn

..................... I would like the EU to revert back to an economic cooperation concept, and stay the hell out of the rest of our internal affairs.

Such as...............?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

I agree with Kivaro, the EU was founded as an economic union not a political one, and has changed dramatically since it's founding. We, as a nation, have lost total independence and we are forced to implement laws that Brussels imposes on us. In that sense we are little more than a US state, with out MEP's signing away our national integrity to the European Super State, while we sit non the wiser. It is a real shame that it is what it is, how it degenerated from a hugely beneficial organization to a tyrannical state. Even the Brits can't escape the EU's clutches and they voted to leave years ago!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree with Kivaro, the EU was founded as an economic union not a political one, and has changed dramatically since it's founding. We, as a nation, have lost total independence and we are forced to implement laws that Brussels imposes on us. In that sense we are little more than a US state, with out MEP's signing away our national integrity to the European Super State, while we sit non the wiser. It is a real shame that it is what it is, how it degenerated from a hugely beneficial organization to a tyrannical state. Even the Brits can't escape the EU's clutches and they voted to leave years ago!
    Leaving aside the rhetoric in your post as IMO most of it is nonsense but can you give us some examples of the EU laws that are imposed on us that you disagree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have never ever heard of The National Party.
    Where did they run these candidates?

• Advertisement

Leaving aside the rhetoric in your post as IMO most of it is nonsense but can you give us some examples of the EU laws that are imposed on us that you disagree with?
    There's a lot of legal material and procedures that I disagree with fundementally such as the EU's power to force us to make and adopt laws, such as the Treaty of Nice, S.I. No. 420/2019, Directive 2009/28/EC and Directive 2003/87/EC to name but a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

If the sender of the tweet is really a teacher there should bo consequences for her smug racist tweet.

There's a lot of legal material and procedures that I disagree with fundementally such as the EU's power to force us to make and adopt laws, such as the Treaty of Nice, S.I. No. 420/2019, Directive 2009/28/EC and Directive 2003/87/EC to name but a few.

And what are those laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

cj maxx wrote: »
    I have never ever heard of The National Party.
    Where did they run these candidates?

Here's a list of their candidates at this year's GE, including, I believe (the second) Mrs JB
    https://nationalparty.ie/candidates/

Odhinn wrote: »
    And what are those laws?
    Where is this going? Can you not just look them up yourself? I said I have a problem with the system and the loss of national independence.

Odhinn wrote: »
    And what are those laws?
    S.I. No. 420/2019 - European Communities (Acquisition and Possession Of Weapons And Ammunition) (Amendment) Regulations 2019
    Directive 2009/28/EC is a European Union directive which mandates levels of renewable energy use within the European Union from 2009 to 2021
    Directive 2003/87/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 October 2003 establishing a scheme for greenhouse gas emission allowance trading within the Community

Pretty lame examples to make someone dislike the EU

Where is this going? Can you not just look them up yourself? I said I have a problem with the system and the loss of national independence.
    1. You could make things easier for people without us having to look up your sources.
    2. You still aren't showing how we have lost independence through those examples unless you think our climate change legislation was strong enough or our laws in terms of getting hold of guns were already tight :rolleyes:

No, as I need to know exactly what you have a problem with.

1. You could make things easier for people without us having to look up your sources.
    2. You still aren't showing how we have lost independence through those examples unless you think our climate change legislation was strong enough or our laws in terms of getting hold of guns were already tight :rolleyes:

I’m not showing how we’ve lost independence? The very existence of these laws that were forced on us is proof of a loss of independence, as we cannot even decide all of our laws without reprocussions from foreign powers.
    It’s funny that you should bring up the directive on firearms as an example as this is an area I know quite a bit about. My main opposition to this particular directive is how their original plan was to ban all automatic firearms in private collections and museums, so they would have to be destroyed or deactivated, which is a glorified term for butchering the inside and filling it with welds. But this proposal was rightly rejected by lobbying groups because there’s no problem with legally held machine guns, there’s no crime associated with them. So in light of this the EU still wanted to restrict law abiding shooters, to save face and to throw their weight around, so they decided to implement a magazine capacity limit, another area where there is no problem. So if we take anything away from this one example, it should be that the EU is power hungry and it wants to make its presence felt. Also let’s not forget how terrorists like the Vienna attacked don’t obey the law and will still get guns illegally, so this law has zero practical applications to curb crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I thought this was a pi*s take until I looked at the website. Each to their own I suppose.

Advertisement