Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Its funny how they are anti-immigration when they ran a candidate in Kerry who was both the Bull McCabe and The Yank rolled into 1, then wasnt there another guy who spent over 10years working in Australia.

Lest we forget the retired nurse who didnt exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Don't really know much about Hazel Chu, but my impression of what I've seen of her is very positive. To me, she is a very likeable person.

I'm someone who well remembers the time when Chinese people first came to Ireland and the intolerable racism that they suffered from the usual underclass who abuses us all; irrespective of creed or colour. I recall a time when the kids of a mixed Irish/Chinese couple moved to a local town and the insults that their kids had to endure. The Chinese person in the relationship was highly educated, and it must have been very difficult for her to try and understand that level of intolerance and ignorance.

I'm sure that most of our experiences of Chinese people is that of hard working and likeable people (hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In the fallout of the tweet from Rebecca to hazel Chu somebody noticed that Justin was tweeting using the @ceannaireNP account. Justin is banned from twitter so that account is now also suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Smegging hell

Zed P wrote: »
    What does Justin Barrett actually do for a living? Is it true that he has been on the dole his entire adult life?

He worked in Supermacs in Ballinasloe back in the day. No idea what he does now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Kivaro wrote: »
    I'm sure that most of our experiences of Chinese people is that of hard working and likeable people (hopefully).

To put it another way

S03E01-fQZwu5A6-subtitled.jpg

Although Hazel Chu could be a total toerag and it wouldn't make that tweet a whit more acceptable in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Zed P wrote: »
    What does Justin Barrett actually do for a living? Is it true that he has been on the dole his entire adult life?

Seasonal worker , gets very busy from mid November to Xmas eve in shopping centre grottos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Seasonal worker , gets very busy from mid November to Xmas eve in shopping centre grottos

Does he have a medical condition? Has he had a stroke ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

For what was Justin Barrett banned from Twitter, does anybody know? What exactly was his breach of the terms of service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Granadino wrote: »
    Does he have a medical condition? Has he had a stroke ?

I’m not his mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He had a job for years on Deep Space 9.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=532165&stc=1&d=1604791147

https://images.app.goo.gl/VFZs3doJJC8AxCnj9

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Criticises Barrett for being racist then makes fun of him for being short

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Because those two things can be equated. Ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

dan1895 wrote: »
    Because those two things can be equated. Ffs.

Yes they can. One cannot decide or choose their skin colour when born and one cannot decide or choose their height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Smegging hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

For what was Justin Barrett banned from Twitter, does anybody know? What exactly was his breach of the terms of service?

For being an abusive troll, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

interesting video on this "scene".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1h5d-4RSFw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

interesting video on this "scene".

Not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mate they left italy out to dry,when it was on its knees,

Did you read this bit of my previous post?
    For starters, healthcare is a matter for each country, not the EU. If member states want to change that they can, but they'll have to change the EU treaties. Then the usual whingers will be out with their nonsense again, same as every vote we've had since 1972.

How anyone can defend their inaction around this is beyond me,they were well into april and still argueing whether relief funds,should have been loans or grants

This has got nothing to do with healthcare, it's about protecting/stimulating economies. The problem in March wasn't that Italy didn't have any money, it's that PPE was in global shortage. Global. The member states, never mind the EU, didn't have stockpiles just sitting around.
    Wtf,how is this even up for debate??,the british didnt even look for money back on famine relief works here

You're going to have to explain what in the jaysus that is about.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Kivaro wrote: »
    Such a disingenuous response that you thought might have slipped through all the multi-quotes. I will let you find your own sources, which are abundant.

Nope that's not how it works.

YOU made a claim. YOU substantiate it. If you can.

Trying to portray the influx of migrants/refugees into Ireland as just a quota under UN programmes is dishonest. We are doing that. But we were also "signed up" for many other migrant resettlement plans under instruction from the EU like the one above from July of last year.

No details, no sources, no figures.

I’m not showing how we’ve lost independence? The very existence of these laws that were forced on us is proof of a loss of independence, as we cannot even decide all of our laws without reprocussions from foreign powers.

You clearly know very little about the EU legislative process.
    The EU is not a foreign power, we are part of it.

But this proposal was rightly rejected by lobbying groups because there’s no problem with legally held machine guns, there’s no crime associated with them.

You may have heard of something called the IRA!

You seriously think that automatic weapons would be legal here were it not for the EU?!?!?

We don't even allow fireworks here.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

[QUOTE

You seriously think that automatic weapons would be legal here were it not for the EU?!?!?

We don't even allow fireworks here.[/QUOTE]

Evidently you're the one who knows very little about the EU legislative process, even if every Irish MEP voted against the directive we would have still had to implement it.
    Yes, I do think automatic weapons should be legal for museums and heavily vetted collecters. Last time I checked, the IRA don't get their guns legally or steal them from civilians holding legal AK47s.
    As I keep saying, I think the EU should have zero say in Ireland's domestic laws.

• Advertisement

We don't even allow fireworks here.

Evidently you're the one who knows very little about the EU legislative process, even if every Irish MEP voted against the directive we would have still had to implement it.
    Yes, I do think automatic weapons should be legal for museums and heavily vetted collecters. Last time I checked, the IRA don't get their guns legally or steal them from civilians holding legal AK47s.
    As I keep saying, I think the EU should have zero say in Ireland's domestic laws.

our firearms legislation is nothing to do with the EU. Our firearms legislation is much more restrictive than others in the EU.

our firearms legislation is nothing to do with the EU. Our firearms legislation is much more restrictive than others in the EU.

I am perfectly aware of that, but how is that relevant? My point was I don’t like the EU interfering in Irish domestic laws by passing directives or through any other means.

I am perfectly aware of that, but how is that relevant? My point was I don’t like the EU interfering in Irish domestic laws by passing directives or through any other means.

The EU is not an external organisation

The EU is not an external organisation

What’s that supposed to mean? The EU isn’t in Ireland? Well it isn’t, it’s based in Strasbourg and Brussels and it still exerts control over Ireland.

What’s that supposed to mean? The EU isn’t in Ireland? Well it isn’t, it’s based in Strasbourg and Brussels and it still exerts control over Ireland.

it means it is an organisation we are a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

It operates through POOLED sovereignty and we generally speaking have a veto ; where we don't Irish diplomats must build alliances in Brussels.

It is far better than the Hobbesian alternative of eating grass while the British army safeguards food exports.

Ireland has one enemy ENGLAND any so called nationalist who does not see that the Saxon Fiend is , was and will be our enemy is not a nationalist but a pathetic lackey.

England always has her hirelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

For being almost certainly ENGLAND'S HIRELING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ireland has one enemy ENGLAND any so called nationalist who does not see that the Saxon Fiend is , was and will be our enemy is not a nationalist but a pathetic lackey.
    Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

GT89 wrote: »
    Yes they can. One cannot decide or choose their skin colour when born and one cannot decide or choose their height.

Form a protest group - Anti Heightist Action. For centuries the tall have oppressed the small, it's time to rise up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Being a racist homophobic anti woman POS I imagine.

Advertisement