Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

John Doe1 wrote: »
    (although some of her race-baiting does not help)

Race-baiting? Hmmm.... I must have missed all those tweets telling "roundeyes" to go to hell :rolleyes: Sounds like victim blaming to me.

It should be noted however that having a pessimistic view about multiculturalism and wanting to have something like a points based immigration system and filtering out frauds from refugee applicants is not a far right racist position.

No but the people who come out with the above position don't seem to realise that a points-based system would be far more liberal than what we have at present where work permits are tied to a specific employer.

Irrelevant to this discussion, anyway, as Chu is not an immigrant.

Btw, as someone who lived in China for a period, its much more racist than here.

So what. That's the same rubbish the RCC apologists come out with, "you think that was bad, look at Saudi Arabia / Burma / wherever". We can and should do better than that.

Scrap the cap!

Really good post. Sums it up perfectly.

Apart from the nonsense about Charlie Hebdo being racist, one of the murdered cartoonists did an anti-racism series of cartoons for the French government and copped flak from the usual quarters over that. Islam is not a race and CH criticise all religions not just Islam.

Also the Lord Mayor has practically no power, if people have a problem with something DCC are doing then they need to start by taking it up with their local councillors (I'd bet a substantial sum of cash the Chu haters have no idea what the Lord Mayor does or who their local councillors are.)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Along with a big contingent of the anti-Irish crowd.

anti dickhead crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Along with a big contingent of the anti-Irish crowd.

Have there been any anti Irish posts on this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Have there been any anti Irish posts on this thread?
    Ah don't mind that poster he's just farming for thanks off other INP/Midget Barrett fanboi's.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Thing is, you're actively downplaying when you claim it's a tiny amount of people doing it. It's a pretty concerted racist campaign against her.

The problem is that the number of people involved in it is very small.

Anyone reading this thread would be lead to believe that the National Party are a thriving force in the Irish political landscape when they are anything but.

Last years General election saw them receive a total of 4773 votes which equates to 0.2% of all votes cast.
    Another poster posted a concise breakdown of their performance last week, but of course that got lost in the hysteria that's followed on from it.

Racism is abhorrent, racists are typically ignorant people whose opinions are proven to be ridiculous once they are aired. The National Party is a case in point. The Irish people are not about to be fooled by Justin Barrett and his nonsense politics and childish behaviour.

The thread title is "The National Party enter the mainstream" and they have, but the mainstream laughed in their faces.

Hazel Chu has been on the receiving end of abusive behaviour and that is wrong, but she isn't alone in being on the receiving end of such vitriol. People seem to feel they have a right to abuse politicians in this country. Look at the far left in this country, the Jobstown incident where Paul Murphy whipped the crowd into a frenzy and absolved himself of all responsibility in the aftermath. Stephen Donnelly has had to erect a fence around his house recently for security reasons, Simon Harris had people outside his house abusing him and his family last year.

Hazel Chu has notably interjected on a number of occasions to involve herself in discussions that are not related to her current office often to add her voice to issues related to racism. She is within her rights to do so and if she feels it is a worthy cause that's fine, however in light of how people feel they are entitled to interact with politicians in Ireland why should she be surprised by the reaction from the people who are doorstepping her and making ridiculous comments?

I am in no way defending these peoples actions or showing any solidarity with their opinions but their tactics of abuse and invasion of a politicians privacy are not something that exists in a vacuum where only they are involved in it.

The problem for the above quoted post is that while there is a concerted racist campaign against her it is in fact being carried out by a tiny amount of people. The image that post conveys is of huge crowds of fascists goose stepping and seig heil-ing their way down Dawson Street to the mansion House to storm the place, when in reality it was a small number of wackos some of whom expressed their belief that Hazel Chu is a shape shifting reptilian.

The National Party and by extension people with far right inclinations are a tiny minority in this country. It is important to watch what these people are doing without a doubt, but to suggest that they are a burgeoning political force or that Ireland is a hotbed of racism is not simply alarmist it is an opinion that has no basis in fact. Just because racists exist in Ireland doesn't mean they are in a position to eventually govern us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Apart from the nonsense about Charlie Hebdo being racist, one of the murdered cartoonists did an anti-racism series of cartoons for the French government and copped flak from the usual quarters over that. Islam is not a race and CH criticise all religions not just Islam.

Also the Lord Mayor has practically no power, if people have a problem with something DCC are doing then they need to start by taking it up with their local councillors (I'd bet a substantial sum of cash the Chu haters have no idea what the Lord Mayor does or who their local councillors are.)

the president has little or no power either , doesnt stop Miggeldy frequently trying and succeeding in influencing discourse , Chu is using the position to influence as well , ably assisted by the media who have given her more coverage than any person to ever fill the role

She'd have a lot less coverage if it wasn't for the racist idiots, ironically, but I'm sure she'd prefer it that way

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

She'd have a lot less coverage if it wasn't for the racist idiots, ironically, but I'm sure she'd prefer it that way

If the old adage 'There is no such thing as bad publicity' is true then Hazel is doing very well as the racists have given her one thread of her own and now made another thread all about her.

I'll be honest I don't know enough about her work as councillor (or any councillor) to believe that she or any of them deserve this much coverage on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I once said I could never think of any circumstance where I would not support peaceful protest..

Given our new "open borders, free house for all refugees" policy I think the far right will become more appealing to some voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any time these lads have been out theres been violence. They don't even need opposition. Just let them burn themselves in public. They're incredibly thick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭decreds

The Nal wrote: »
    Any time these lads have been out theres been violence. They don't even need opposition. Just let them burn themselves in public. They're incredibly thick.

While I'm not defending them but curious to hear your opinion on the BLM protests on 2 months ago in Blanchardstown when native Irish people were targeted and assaulted for being white, guards were attacked and the brother of the "victim " openly called for the death of the guard while addressing the mob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

decreds wrote: »
    While I'm not defending them but curious to hear your opinion on the BLM protests on 2 months ago in Blanchardstown when native Irish people were targeted and assaulted for being white, guards were attacked and the brother of the "victim " openly called for the death of the guard while addressing the mob.

More thickos. As were the anti Irish water charge guys. Anyone that has to resort to violence is too thick to use their own mind.

Some people would call you racist for that post, sadly.

The Nal wrote: »
    More thickos. As were the anti Irish water charge guys. Anyone that has to resort to violence is too thick to use their own mind.

I agree violence is never the answer but i can't understand how the overt racism towards the native Irish people who are too generous for their own good is never flagged but when Irish people commit the same crime they should be "hung" (seen it on twitter right now).

Also, it is alarmingly that every politician and media entity is condemning today's protest but went radio silent regarding BLM protest violence and intimidation of the locals in Blanchardstown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

This is a really good piece. Uruemu has my support. Its great to see non-nationals getting involved in politics and making the country a better place.

thejournal.ie/readme/racism-in-ireland-irish-politics-irish-elections-and-racism-5362546-Feb2021/

Opinion: 'Irish politics is starting to feel more inclusive, more diverse'
    Uruemu Adejinmi recently missed a chance to become the Fianna Fáil candidate in a forthcoming Seanad by-election. Had she succeeded, she would have been the first person of African descent elected to the Oireachtas. A councillor in Longford, Uruemu says she aims to tackle the ‘pandemic of racism’ here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Me neither, it's just all I'm reading about them is that they promote interracial relationships between Carribean men and Irish girls so they are not really far right. I thought you'd know more. Sorry to bother you.

They are far right. Just because one of them is going out with someone who is Caribbean doesn't change their policies.

There are plenty of far right leaders in the US who have Asian partners. Just because you are a facist doesn't mean you can't be a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

They are far eight. Just because one of them is going out with someone who is Caribbean doesn't change their policies.

There are plenty of far right leaders who have Asian partners. Just because you are a facist doesn't mean you can't be a hypocrite.

Hes on a wind up. Hes referring to Ben Scallan. A former member of Herman Kelly's irish freedom party.

They are far right. Just because one of them is going out with someone who is Caribbean doesn't change their policies.

There are plenty of far right leaders in the US who have Asian partners. Just because you are a facist doesn't mean you can't be a hypocrite.

That's something I've definitely noticed about many far right people in the US. They seem to mostly have Asian partners. I wonder why?

This is a really good piece. Uruemu has my support. Its great to see non-nationals getting involved in politics and making the country a better place.

thejournal.ie/readme/racism-in-ireland-irish-politics-irish-elections-and-racism-5362546-Feb2021/

Opinion: 'Irish politics is starting to feel more inclusive, more diverse'

Don't feed the troll. Account was created just now to post trash.

Don't feed the troll. Account was created just now to post trash.

Are you calling what I posted trash? Can you give any reasons why? I'm genuinely curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Smegging hell

lol

lol that tweet is pretty funny. Quite accurate too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Smegging hell

lol that tweet is pretty funny. Quite accurate too

They opportunistically jump on anything they think will get them support, which leads to a lot of incoherence.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

They opportunistically jump on anything they think will get them support, which leads to a lot of incoherence.

Sounds like every political party ever.

• Advertisement

Sure the far left do that. All political movements are hypocrites.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XDyZcFAHmK3nxzGe8

Advertisement