Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

DerekC16 wrote: »
    It was a mostly peaceful protest let's be honest.

3 Gardai injured and 23 arrested. Also, sure you were trusting the words of Drew Harris yesterday who referred to it as a "violent protest".

Footage of peaceful protest..
    https://twitter.com/11SchillRob/status/1365679751977918466?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is gas. Some NP f'ers confronting stuttering fool Alan Sweeney.

https://twitter.com/antifascistirl/status/1365955723558072323

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The Gardai have stated "The vast majority of those who took part belong to a number of factions including anti-vaccine, anti-mask and anti-lockdown far-right, far right groups, and those intent on trouble and disorder."

It was an illegal event. At least 3 or 4 Gardai injured. Gardai with a Broken ankles, an injured eardrum, garda thrown off a horse. Over 20 people arrested.

"Mostly peaceful" - Nah

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

3 Gardai injured and 23 arrested. Also, sure you were trusting the words of Drew Harris yesterday who referred to it as a "violent protest".

Footage of peaceful protest..
    https://twitter.com/11SchillRob/status/1365679751977918466?s=19

I'm seeing the same video over and over again. How many violent incidents took place?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

The Gardai have stated "The vast majority of those who took part belong to a number of factions including anti-vaccine, anti-mask and anti-lockdown far-right, far right groups, and those intent on trouble and disorder."

It was an illegal event. At least 3 or 4 Gardai injured. Gardai with a Broken ankles, an injured eardrum, garda thrown off a horse. Over 20 people arrested.

Can you put up a source there referencing the broken ankles. First I'm hearing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ive no time for these protests or the scumbag organisations behind them but i was watching a live feed of this yesterday and yes it was largely peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,059 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

"Mostly peaceful" - Nah

The double think around these issues is mind blowing.

What happened yesterday was wrong, but if we're to use the logic applied to other protests that have taken place during the covid era is was indeed "mostly peaceful".

It's time for everyone to stop deluding themselves and just see things for how they are. If a protest turns violent it's a violent protest end of story.

Glazers Out!

Can you put up a source there referencing the broken ankles. First I'm hearing of it.

Christ almighty, it's all over the news.

https://www.thejournal.ie/seven-people-charged-after-anti-lockdown-protest-in-dublin-city-centre-5367934-Feb2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yesterday was a violent protest lead by the far right. Your deflection is drivel.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/well-organised-right-wing-group-23577819

It was a protest participated in by the poor and uneducated, those who the far left and right both court for votes. There were people from both of those factions there and no amount of ‘but the other boys started it’ is going to take away the fact that there is also that nasty element in non ‘far right’ parties in this country and itll have to be dealt with by all sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Birneybau wrote: »

Some amount of Walter Mittyism in that video. The NP have leafleted 100,000 houses for the march in the last few weeks, yeah right. Interesting to see Sweeney identified as a member though.

It was a protest participated in by the poor and uneducated, those who the far left and right both court for votes. There were people from both of those factions there and no amount of ‘but the other boys started it’ is going to take away the fact that there is also that nasty element in non ‘far right’ parties in this country and itll have to be dealt with by all sides

Do you have a scrap of evidence to support your claim that far left factions were there?

Do you have a scrap of evidence to support your claim that far left factions were there?

Have you EVER received a satisfactory answer? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mfceiling wrote: »
    This ^^

If you get your "news" or your "information" from Facebook then you are an idiot.

I'm sorry to be so blunt but the amount of shíte you hear spouted from these clowns is all from Facebook.

Anyone who starts their argument with "I saw it on Facebook" is an idiot.

I can’t generalise but in the area I’m from it’s women that schooled local , worked local , dated local , married local and drink local.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

can it be peaceful if you are knowingly potentially spreading a deadly/serious virus by not wearing masks keeping your distance

°°°°°

People are quick to forget how far left led protests have deteriorated in this country in the not too distant past.

Jobstown water protests anyone?

The grand standing from far left supporters here over yesterdays violence is laughable.

That's the problem with political extremism, society loses whichever side is engaged in violence on the streets and both sides clamour to take the moral high ground whenever the other side are involved in it.

Glazers Out!

He meant ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

As much proof as the far right being there , I can link you tonnes of Twitter accounts showing support for these protests from people who share SF / pbp content too , but I suspect that wont he enough for you

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve said it already but the carry on yesterday doesn’t rest in one socioeconomic group or political grouping IMO because the Irish gob****e and ****ehawk doesn’t have a defined habit. I mean that article that was posted was complete conspiracy theory rubbish based on stuff read on Facebook.

Everyone is entitled to the own opinions, but not all opinions carry the same weight. For example if I’d an eye issue I’d go to an optician because they are the trained experts regarding vision and not the local character who got a free eye chart for Christmas one year and things he can “sort all your problems lad.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

"Mostly peaceful" - Nah

Why are you so upset about this but think BLM protests in the height of Covid are legitimate?

Anyone spot the Judea people’s front there ?

Why are you so upset about this but think BLM protests in the height of Covid are legitimate?

Nicer people mostly not much hassle either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

nullzero wrote: »
    People are quick to forget how far left led protests have deteriorated in this country in the not too distant past.

Jobstown water protests anyone?

A lot of the same people. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

More from prominent NP figure Alan Sweeney https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1365699141796589570

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The BLM scum are nicer people?

Are you on a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

As much proof as the far right being there

https://twitter.com/PairtiNaisiunta/status/1365742414690983939?s=19

Well here is the far right at it. So let's see your evidence that the far left were also there.

As much proof as the far right being there , I can link you tonnes of Twitter accounts showing support for these protests from people who share SF / pbp content too , but I suspect that wont he enough for you

Great, so you share your videos showing prominent far left figures there

https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1365699141796589570

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Birneybau wrote: »

What did that bloke say to Sweeney?

Sounded like the INLA were there looking after NP?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

They smash things up in a nicer way, you're right.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement