Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

livia21 wrote: »
    What did that bloke say to Sweeney?

Sounded like the INLA were there looking after NP?

More Walter Mittyism from the NP, I'd say. Also contains a nice confirmation that the split with the Yellow Vests last year was because the latter weren't considered far-right enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The Nal wrote: »
    A lot of the same people. Idiots.

In reality the people causing trouble in either instances are less interested in any political ideology than they are in having an excuse to act like thugs.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Tony EH wrote: »
    Gas how some posters are so desperately, desperately, trying to make this a "left" thing somehow.

:pac:

But it was equally weird that the media and politicians got into a hissy over the commish saying the far left were involved, since when did they care about hurting the feelings of very fringe groups.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

As much proof as the far right being there , I can link you tonnes of Twitter accounts showing support for these protests from people who share SF / pbp content too , but I suspect that wont he enough for you

The Garda commissioner said so. Isn't that what you were using as proof yesterday the far left where there.
    Is his word suddenly no good anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,330 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

But it was equally weird that the media and politicians got into a hissy over the commish saying the far left were involved, since when did they care about hurting the feelings of very fringe groups.

Nothing "weird" about it. It was bollocks and they sought a correction.

Yesterday had nothing to do with the left, near, far, or whatever appellation some on the right want to pass it off as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Nothing "weird" about it. It was bollocks and they sought a correction.

Yesterday had nothing to do with the left, near, far, or whatever appellation some on the right want to pass it off as.

They did seem to be the same rent a mob that attend pbp events, so I could see how Drew got confused. Not that im trying to say some antifa bogey men were involved.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 19,330 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

They did seem to be the same rent a mob that attend pbp events

This is in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Gas how some posters are so desperately, desperately, trying to make this a "left" thing somehow.

:pac:

Interestingly Commissioner Drew Harris clarified his statement from yesterday where he said ""that the majority of those involved belong to a number of factions, including the far-left

Today he said , "despite initial indications, following further investigations, there is no corroborated evidence of extreme left factions being involved".

So that's ok there were lefties - just not "extreme" lefties :pac:

Meanwhile in lala land Ms Chu of the Green Party (Centre Left) who has previously decried protests because someone mentioned something about a shape-shifting dragons but despite various claims otherwise there were no evident incidents of violence or racism

But now gives the thumbs up for this protest for Monday

4zt4og.jpg

An elected official supporting protests in the midst of a pandemic about right wing protests...

What could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:

Edit:
    Please note the above e is an "online" protest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

gozunda wrote: »

Meanwhile in lala land Ms Chu of the Green Party (Centre Left) who has previously decried protests because someone mentioned something about a shape-shifting dragons but despite various claims otherwise there were no evident incidents of violence or racism

4zt4og.jpg

An elected official supporting protests in the midst of a pandemic about right wing protests...

You know that this is an online event, right?

°°°°°

Interestingly Chief Commissioner Harris clarified his statement from yesterday where he said ""that the majority of those involved belong to a number of factions, including the far-left

Today he said , "despite initial indications, following further investigations, there is no corroborated evidence of extreme left factions being involved".

So that's ok there were lefties - just not "extreme" lefties :pac:

Meanwhile in lala land Ms Chu of the Green Party (Center Left) who has previously decried protests because someone mentioned something about a shape-shifting dragons but despite various claims otherwise there were no evident incidents of violence or racism

4zt4og.jpg

Probably best to park mass public gatherings for the foreseeable future.

Just goes to show how both sides of the political divide talk out of both sides of their mouths when it suits them.

Here's a taster from Le Cheile's 10 founding principles namely numbers 7 and 8

"7 We urge those who have a justified distrust of the establishment not to buy into the false claims of the far-right about Covid-19 or their wider toxic agenda. Covid-19 is a real threat to public health and particularly to our older and more vulnerable people."

"8 We appeal to everyone to show solidarity with the vulnerable and frontline workers by working together to fight the pandemic. We urge all those, regardless of their opinions on the government’s handling of Covid-19, to reject the far-right and avoid events involving these groups."

So we shouldn't attend far right events that go against covid restrictions but the events they organise are OK to attend?

Pure and utter nonsense. Like I've said countless times, extremist groups on the right and left are little more than two cheeks of the same arse.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its an online event so not sure what you are on about

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

°°°°°

The image of the tweet doesn't show that it's an online event. I tried looking on twitter and can't find it. Can you post it?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

As much proof as the far right being there , I can link you tonnes of Twitter accounts showing support for these protests from people who share SF / pbp content too , but I suspect that wont he enough for you

Great, so you do have images showing far-left parties supporting this event, right?

EvQhOyIWYAUqyzQ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"It's ok when we do it."
    I find nothing to support this claim. The tweet even mentions Stephens Green.
    Can you link to your source please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

They did seem to be the same rent a mob that attend pbp events, so I could see how Drew got confused. Not that im trying to say some antifa bogey men were involved.

In what way did they 'seem to be' the same? Do you recognise particular faces or what?

Did I say it wasn't?

But yeah more ****e stirring between the 'left and right is going to help how exactly?

As I said somewhat odd how Chu seems to be selective in not only the type of protest but also whether it fits with her personal politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You know that this is an online event, right?

Lol. Didn't do their research

nullzero wrote: »
    The image of the tweet doesn't show that it's an online event. I tried looking on twitter and can't find it. Can you post it?

Took less than two minutes to find

https://twitter.com/NWCI/status/1365729053148393475?s=20

Here

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/they-shall-not-pass-the-global-struggle-against-the-far-right-today-tickets-142545386087?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing

Interesting that the following hashtags were added since Yesterday ....
    Following the horrific scenes in Dublin today, join with us on Monday and take a stand against the rise of the far right! #StephensGreen #DiversityNotDivision Details on how to register for the event are below

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/they-shall-not-pass-the-global-struggle-against-the-far-right-today-tickets-142545386087?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing

Pretty clearly an online event
    https://twitter.com/NWCI/status/1365729053148393475

Did I say it wasn't?

But yeah more ****e stirring between the 'left and right is going to help how exactly?

As I said somewhat odd how Chu seems to be selective in not only the type of protest but also whether it fits with her personal politics.

You pretty clearly implied it wasn't online with this statement "An elected official supporting protests in the midst of a pandemic about right wing protests...". Cause it's not exactly as if an elected official supporting an online event during a pandemic is controversial. :rolleyes: So, pretty lost on why Chu is the big bad...

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    "It's ok when we do it."

https://twitter.com/NWCI/status/1365729053148393475?s=20

Specifically its the added **** stirring hashtsgs added since yesterday which caught my eye

Found it fairly hilarious that Ms Chu was advocating for same whilst generally disliking protests which dont agree with her politics.

I screengrabbed her tweet as she has a nasty habit of deleting anything which doesn't show her in a good light...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not until you get to eventbrite and scroll down you see "The discussion will be conducted via zoom".

The words "March" and "Stephens Green" in the tweets are just for decoration.

biko wrote: »

I am not sure why lots of people here are giving out about Hazel Chu retweeting an online event. We live in a democracy - so what if people want to discuss in an online environment possible responses to Saturday.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Lol. Didn't do their research

Well jumping to daft conclusions doesn't mean others didn't 'do their research". And no I did not say it was anything other than what was said on the tweet. But no matter ...

Well jumping to daft conclusions doesn't mean others didn't 'do their research". And no I did not say it was anything other than what was said on the tweet. But no matter ...

You implied it was, why else would you reference protests during a pandemic? Now you're backtracking and still trying to find controversy where there is none...

No big deal really. We live in a democracy and Hazel is perfectly free to retweet something about an online event.

Terry Pratchet

Pretty clearly an online event
    https://twitter.com/NWCI/status/1365729053148393475

You pretty clearly implied it wasn't online with this statement "An elected official supporting protests in the midst of a pandemic about right wing protests...". Cause it's not exactly as if an elected official supporting an online event during a pandemic is controversial.So, pretty lost on why Chu is the big bad...

Yes I am aware its an online "protest". You imagining otherwise meh.

And yes we have an elected official
    "supporting protests in the midst of a pandemic about right wing protests"...

Because that's exactly what we need- a bit more **** stirring going on in the midst of a pandemic

Especially since Ms Chu only seems to support certain types of protests where it agrees with her political preferences.

Sorry you got lost on that. ...

°°°°°

DubInMeath wrote: »

To be fair I did find it eventually but only after following the event brite link.

What was shared on the previous page of this thread didn't clearly show it was an online event.

Glazers Out!

Because that's exactly what we need- a bit more **** stirring going on in the midstbof a pandemic

Especially since Ms Chu only seems to support certain types of protests where it agrees with her political preferences.

What dangers do you see an online protest leading to during a pandemic? Will there be DDoS riots? Also based on the description, it's more of a public forum from international speakers than a protest. In fact, it's labeled as a public meeting. So you're thinking it's bothersome to do an online talk? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because that's exactly what we need- a bit more **** stirring going on in the midstbof a pandemic

An online meeting isnt a protest so your point is irrelevant really.

But you seem to be doing what you accuse Hazel Chu of doing: Only agreeing with protests/meetings that match your viewpoint and advocating that meetings/protests you disagree with should not be promoted.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement