Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Imagine calling people scum for saying house the Irish homeless.

These 'anti fascists' truly truly despise the Irish. Anyone who has any consideration for the homeless is 'fascist' or 'scum'

Same like Simon Harris and all these anti Irish dickheads. Despise the Irish calling peaceful protestors 'thugs'

He knows well it was 99.9% peaceful people but tea boy Simon ignores this, perhaps it's his appalling lack of education makes him say such nonsense? Tea boy Simon did well for someone never even graduated college. Family all on the take with bent NGO's too. No surprises there! Dumb Paddy never ask any questions of this.

The poor downtrodden fascists just can't get a fair break, can they?

Except maybe from their loyal and devoted followers on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

DerekC16 wrote: »
    So on one extreme we have "house the Irish" on the other we have "prioritise asylum seekers for housing"

Which way Irishman?

Good question myself and the missus rent and earn a good living and buying a house is not an option

Good question myself and the missus rent and earn a good living and buying a house is not an option

But I’m not going to hate refugees over it

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

But I’m not going to hate refugees over it

Genuine refugees should be welcomed, but allowing them to skip up the housing list is going to cause resentment. It's the scum in Leinster house and elsewhere enabling it that should feel the brunt of the anger it will inevitably cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

National Party leaflets handed out on Saturday

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1366118527070003202?s=19

Has there really been 56000 thousand immigrants during a pandemic? :confused:

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

I'd say probably more than that. 132 thousand pps numbers were issued to immigrants in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

If Sinn Fein have lost control of extreme nationalism what effing good are they?

Are you suggesting reassembling the Provisional IRA so they can do the Gardaí's Job and monitor dissident republican groups?

I don't think Drew Harris the commissioner of the garda would agree but you are entitled to your opinion I guess.

:D:D:D:D:D

Simon Harris the fascist? Got it in one lad.

What's worse is guy is Minister of Education and probably have an aneurysm trying to spell his own name but go on tell me how wonderful and amazing he is considering you get gooey eyed day dreaming about these cretins and reprobate scum in government.

Do you think a person who gives speeches to Neo Nazis is a reprobate scumbag? For most, such a person would be... Weird that you seem to be a fan of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd say probably more than that. 132 thousand pps numbers were issued to immigrants in 2020.

56k is correct and another 30 ish thousand returning Irish. The date when the PPS numbers are issued doesn't reflect the immigration number.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

That 132,000 includes 63000 to people originating in Ireland.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/a78027-statistics-on-personal-public-service-pps-numbers-issued/#2020

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    56k is correct and another 30 ish thousand returning Irish. The date when the PPS numbers are issued doesn't reflect the immigration number.

Where did that poster pull 132k from. :confused::confused::confused:

Anyway for anyone interested the stats are yearly published by the CSO in the statistics section of their site. The migration estimates are done on a year from April to April the previous year. Link below for those interested in the true numbers for the data published for April 2020.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/pme/populationandmigrationestimatesapril2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Bambi wrote: »

Those figures were to April 2020, they were down a little bit from the previous year. We obviously won't have the figures to 2021 until later on this year.
    Population estimated to be 4.98 million in April 2020
    The combined effect of positive net migration and natural increase resulted in an overall increase in the population of 55,900 (1.1%) in the year to April 2020. This compares to an increase of 64,500 for the year to April 2019 and brings the population estimate to 4.98 million in April 2020. See table 1.

The number of immigrants to the State in the year to April 2020 is estimated to have decreased by 3.6% to 85,400 from 88,600 the previous year. The number of emigrants increased over the same period to 56,500 (2.9%) from 54,900 in 2019. These combined flows resulted in net inward migration for Ireland in the year to April 2020 of 28,900, a reduction of 4,800 (-14.2%) on the previous year. See table 1.

Irish nationals accounted for 28,900 (33.8%) of the 85,400 immigrants to Ireland, this is the highest number of returning Irish nationals since 2007. Of the 56,500 emigrants from Ireland 28,300 (50.1%) were estimated to be Irish nationals. Consequently, net inward migration of Irish nationals in the year to April 2020 was just over 500. This represents an increase of 2,600 on the year to April 2019 when net outward migration of Irish nationals was estimated to be -2,100. See table 2.

The number of births in the period was 58,300 while the number of deaths was 31,200, resulting in a natural increase of the population of 27,100. This is the lowest level of natural increase recorded since the 2001 population estimates.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/pme/populationandmigrationestimatesapril2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jox26.jpg

Anyway for anyone interested the stats are yearly published by the CSO in the statistics section of their site. The migration estimates are done on a year from April to April the previous year. Link below for those interested in the true numbers for the data published for April 2020.

I said 132k pps numbers were issued to non Irish. I didnt say there were 132k immigrants last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I said 132k pps numbers were issued to non Irish. I didnt say there were 132k immigrants last year.

You implied it.

Also, as someone else stated, 63,000 of them were issued to Irish people.

You implied it.

Also, as someone else stated, 63,000 of them were issued to Irish people.

I stand corrected.

You did and your correction is also wrong.
    There wasn't 132k issued to either immigrants or non Irish as you put it.

Don't let the truth stand in the way, eh Derek!

If Sinn Fein have lost control of extreme nationalism what effing good are they?

we have no need for extreme nationalism they're called criminals these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I lost two family members to the flu in the past. Shìt happens. .

Ahh, I take it ye were very close.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I detest Simon Harris.
    I detest neo-nazis
    I detest the national party.
    I detest everybody who was involved in that protest the weekend.

I guess I've no friends in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

whatever about national politics - what about Local politics/Councillors. They have been almost completely in-accessible for a year now - gripping to the wonderful excuse of Covid. These are the very people that should be accessible now, even maybe with the social distancing and/or mask.

They have made no effort to progress difficulties that people have [past and extant] with the employees in the Local Councils, who at this stage are merely puppets of politicians.

It will be nauseating to encounter their drab sorrow of their deliberate ignorance right through this pandemic - whilst seeing then that their 'New Excuse', for not progressing anything, will be they are soo busy.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I detest Simon Harris.
    I detest neo-nazis
    I detest the national party.
    I detest everybody who was involved in that protest the weekend.

I guess I've no friends in this thread

Pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

National Party leaflets handed out on Saturday

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1366118527070003202?s=19

That's shocking. House Irish people first. Irish people in Ireland. Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

what they said makes sense, but who's saying it makes it uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

whatever about national politics - what about Local politics/Councillors. They have been almost completely in-accessible for a year now - gripping to the wonderful excuse of Covid. These are the very people that should be accessible now, even maybe with the social distancing and/or mask.

They have made no effort to progress difficulties that people have [past and extant] with the employees in the Local Councils, who at this stage are merely puppets of politicians.

It will be nauseating to encounter their drab sorrow of their deliberate ignorance right through this pandemic - whilst seeing then that their 'New Excuse', for not progressing anything, will be they are soo busy.

The councillor I voted for is continuing to work for the people of Lucan. I'm sure many councillors around the country are doing their best for their local areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Why not treat every person as a human being, regardless of nationality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Why not treat every person as a human being, regardless of nationality?

Give everyone a house?
    House the planet.

Should there be any stipulations attached?

what they said makes sense, but who's saying it makes it uncomfortable.

Aren't you always complaining about Irish people being housed etc on your taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

€2.5k a month with a 5k deposit up front for a house in the arse end of Blanchardstown affordable homes my arse. Excellent call out from the NP.
    https://youtu.be/rbCGvgCXHXk

Advertisement