Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Aren't you always complaining about Irish people being housed etc on your taxes.

I have no issue with affordable housing for those who actually work

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I have no issue with affordable housing for those who actually work
    Migrants work, if allowed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Give everyone a house?
    House the planet.

Should there be any stipulations attached?

Gee, I thought we were just talking about homeless people here. Silly me.

Stipulations? White Irish, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd love to know what work the National Party are doing in local communities to abolish homelessness and help to feed/shelter them. Or are they taking advantage of the homeless situation to push their xenophobic agenda?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

It's going to be really funny when the National Party get a paltry amount of votes again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's going to be really funny when the National Party get a paltry amount of votes again.

So we can all agree that the National Party aren't about to rise to power and that they really aren't all the relevant to anyone?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

nullzero wrote: »
    So we can all agree that the National Party aren't about to rise to power and that they really aren't all the relevant to anyone?

All very true. Somehow I suspect this thread will still continue to remain on the front page, which is kind of odd don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

But but we are told constantly of a rising far right in this country that MUST be tackled!!

In reality they are a joke and serve only to provide a boogeyman and stop people looking at real issues in society

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

But but we are told constantly of a rising far right in this country that MUST be tackled!!

In reality they are a joke and serve only to provide a boogeyman and stop people looking at real issues in society

Did you miss the news on Saturday, with 15 Gardai injured while dealing with these thugs?

°°°°°

All very true. Somehow I suspect this thread will still continue to remain on the front page, which is kind of odd don't you think?

It's very odd.

There's no harm in keeping tabs on these cretins but by the same token there is far to much credit given to them by an awful lot of people (particularly on this site) who seem to think they'll be goose stepping their way into Leinster House any day now.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's very odd.

There's no harm in keeping tabs on these cretins but by the same token there is far to much credit given to them by an awful lot of people (particularly on this site) who seem to think they'll be goose stepping their way into Leinster House any day now.

If history has shown us anything, it's that you don't need a democratic majority to seize power.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

You only need a few hundred / thousand to make a lot of noise to make them appear more prevalent than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Ah come on!
    They are on the rise.Seen a fair few Fred perry facemask's been worn on Saturday.
    The vid in post #1024 Sweeney from NP talks about wanting to" unite the tribes" copying unite the right motley crew of Neo Nazi's and KKK that marched in US.
    In same video the bloke talking to Sweeney said he is sick of it ..the Irish are being replaced simiular to the tikki torch lads chanting "Jew's will not relace us".

°°°°°

Pherekydes wrote: »
    If history has shown us anything, it's that you don't need a democratic majority to seize power.

Are you attempting to draw comparisons between the National Party and Nazis?

This is the problem with this type of discourse. A whole range of logical touchstones have to be completely ignored to get to the point where you can make such a statement.

The National Party have essentially no support whatsoever and will in all likelihood dissolve as a party (as is common in Irish politics for all denominations) without ever holding a single seat in the Dail, before trying to rebrand themselves in some manner which will fool nobody.

If we're going to compare the National Party to the Nazis they first need to have any sort of representation in the Dail, any at all which they will never have.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd love to know what work the National Party are doing in local communities to abolish homelessness and help to feed/shelter them. Or are they taking advantage of the homeless situation to push their xenophobic agenda?

https://twitter.com/NationalPartyIE/status/1359543801530966017?s=19
    https://twitter.com/NationalPartyIE/status/1362892968680714241?s=19

Now what work are the likes of Sinn Fein or PBP doing to help the homeless?

GT89 wrote: »

Not wearing masks or distancing during a global pandemic.. Think they've only done it once btw. Fyi, the muslim sisters of Ireland do that pretty much every night but suspect you won't be praising them...

https://twitter.com/Msoe_Dublin/status/1332448666146234372?s=19

I'm a supporter of neither party so I don't know and don't feel any need to stand up for them.

°°°°°

Not wearing masks or distancing during a global pandemic.. Think they've only done it once btw. Fyi, the muslim sisters of Ireland do that pretty much every night but suspect you won't be praising them...

https://twitter.com/Msoe_Dublin/status/1332448666146234372?s=19

For crying out loud.

This type of moral one-upmanship is nauseating. If people in need get help saying fair play to whoever helps them doesn't mean everything those people do away from helping people is above scrutiny.

Glazers Out!

And fair play to them. I was replying to a post that was referring specifically to the National Party. The National Party are a political party correct and I was making the point that I don't see very many political parties doing anything to help the homeless on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

And fair play to them. I was replying to a post that was referring specifically to the National Party. The National Party are a political party correct and I was making the point that I don't see very many political parties doing anything to help the homeless on the streets.

Would they help homeless foreign nationals?

• Advertisement

I'm a supporter of neither party so I don't know and don't feel any need to stand up for them.

I wasn't aiming my post at you I was just putting the question out there.

Would they help homeless foreign nationals?

What homeless foreign nationals? How can they help people that aren't there.

For crying out loud.

This type of moral one-upmanship is nauseating. If people in need get help saying fair play to whoever helps them doesn't mean everything those people do away from helping people is above scrutiny.

Sure thing Null, I do think it's relevant that they're more interested in promoting the party than following public health guidance with vulnerable groups. Meanwhile the group that's a regular target of theirs is constantly doing charity work and following public health guidance. Btw, they also attribute homelessness to asylum seekers.

So no, not gonna praise Neo Nazis for giving out food for a single night... They only did it for propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

What homeless foreign nationals? How can they help people that aren't there.

You believe that there's no homeless foreign nationals in Ireland?

You believe that there's no homeless foreign nationals in Ireland?

Every homeless person I've seen in Dublin at least is white Irish. I'm not saying there's no foreign homeless people just doesn't appear to be very many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

I think they are needed. Something has to be done about the extreme immigration into this country. The establishment wont be happy until Irish people are a tiny minority.

I think they are needed. Something has to be done about the extreme immigration into this country. The establishment wont be happy until Irish people are a tiny minority.

We need a far right party who's members engage in racism on social media, who's leader has spoken at neo Nazi meetings and wants to push the country back under the thumb of the Catholic Church? That's what you think Ireland needs?

°°°°°

Sure thing Null, I do think it's relevant that they're more interested in promoting the party than following public health guidance with vulnerable groups. Meanwhile the group that's a regular target of theirs is constantly doing charity work and following public health guidance. Btw, they also attribute homelessness to asylum seekers.

So no, not gonna praise Neo Nazis for giving out food for a single night... They only did it for propaganda.

Why would you expect them to follow public health guidelines when they are organising protests against those guidelines?
    They helped people, fair play to them but, did they do it to look good? Definitely. Is anyone more likely to support them because of it? Not a chance.

The National Party are a joke, and anyone who thinks they will ever be any type of a force in this country is deluding themselves. Helping the homeless once in a blue moon isn't the PR victory they'd have hoped it would be nor the shift towards support for them you seem to think it might prove to be.

In relation to the National Party there are two groups of deluded people, the party themselves and those who tell the rest of us that the NP will soon be a political force. Neither group should be taken seriously.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

We need a far right party who's members engage in racism on social media, who's leader has spoken at neo Nazi meetings and wants to push the country back under the thumb of the Catholic Church? That's what you think Ireland needs?

A new party is needed. Not the national party I'll give you that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

livia21 wrote: »
    Ah come on!
    They are on the rise.Seen a fair few Fred perry facemask's been worn on Saturday.
    The vid in post #1024 Sweeney from NP talks about wanting to" unite the tribes" copying unite the right motley crew of Neo Nazi's and KKK that marched in US.
    In same video the bloke talking to Sweeney said he is sick of it ..the Irish are being replaced simiular to the tikki torch lads chanting "Jew's will not relace us".

Those idiots were always there though, they are now just on labelled.

I totally condem what happened, but we as a country condem it, they won't gain a real foothold here bar the nutters.

If anything labeling the is emboldening them

Advertisement