Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

So if the Nazis gave out food packets back in the day, they deserve praise for that little bit of good? Or how about the KKK doing so? Null, you're just trying to find reasons to complain... Think I have pretty reasonable grounds for having zero time for anything they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

9b9209a877f51c25ecb36d0fbe09f38e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

A new party is needed. Not the national party I'll give you that.

I don't disagree. The right wing parties that have popped up in the last few years have been too extreme on certain issues that most sane people wouldn't touch them. I agree that a right of centre alternative to FG would be ideal from that point of view but would enough voters move from FG to make it worth while.

9b9209a877f51c25ecb36d0fbe09f38e.png

Why must you engage in moral one upmanship? The KKK doing their little bit of good. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

So if the Nazis gave out food packets back in the day, they deserve praise for that little bit of good? Or how about the KKK doing so? Null, you're just trying to find reasons to complain... Think I have pretty reasonable grounds for having zero time for anything they do.

Springs to mind with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It doesn't matter where a human being comes from, they all deserve to be treated equally, unless they show they don't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm not saying they should be praised, but a good deed is a good deed, even if the intent behind it is questionable. The National Party are abhorrent to me but if they help a few people let them at it.

Glazers Out!

GT89 wrote: »
    Springs to mind with you

You realise Justin used give talks to neo Nazis? Pretty reasonable description of the party that you fawn over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Every homeless person I've seen in Dublin at least is white Irish. I'm not saying there's no foreign homeless people just doesn't appear to very many of them.

You really have no clue, do you?

https://www.homelessdublin.ie/content/files/Migrants-and-homeless-services-in-the-Dublin-Region-a-briefing-paper.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Right of FG? Something like the PDs or Renua perhaps?

Both of which sunk without trace.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

If anything, the fact that people migrating into this country are ending up on the streets is evidence that our immigration policies are flawed. It must be awful to come to a country for a better life and end up on the streets.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Right of FG? Something like the PDs or Renua perhaps?

Both of which sunk without trace.

Both of which were moderate conservative parties, the fact that they disappeared shows how little an appetite the Irish people have for anything right of FF or FG which leave the NP as a rising political force as a laughable notion.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

eagle eye wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where a human being comes from, they all deserve to be treated equally, unless they show they don't deserve it.

Absolutely. We are all human. However we should look after our own people first. I always thought 1% max should be allocated to foreign nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,510 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Absolutely. We are all human. However we should look after our own people first. I always thought 1% max should be allocated to foreign nationals.
    Our own people? Aren't we all from the same planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not really. We have a wide range of parties, who seem to be enough to cater to the desires of the electorate.

The fact that there is no large right-wing party is a reflection of the fact that people don't want them.

Aontú exist, and if people wanted religious conservatism, anti-immigration, jackboot justice, neo-liberal capitalism and morality police they would be bigger. But they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

eagle eye wrote: »
    Our own people? Aren't we all from the same planet?

Irish people!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Ah yes the national party, a party that is keen to sell itself on good old fashioned family values. All while being headed up by an anti divorce campaigner who left his first wife for a young wan 20 years younger then him and is estranged from his older kids. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Did I not see some woman - an active party member of this lot - drinking cans with a miss spelt hoodie - encouraging violence in Dublin last weekend???

Good old fashioned values on display haha.... What a farce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

Ah yes the national party, a party that is keen to sell itself on good old fashioned family values. All while being headed up by an anti divorce campaigner who left his first wife for a young wan 20 years younger then him and is estranged from his older kids. You couldn't make it up.

What age were they when they met?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Does it matter? Hypocrisy is just that....

Can't excuse one and refuse to accept another.

A party lead by a hypocrite who can fool followers is a sorry lot - at least we can all agree on that.

• Advertisement

Does it matter? Hypocrisy is just that....

Can't excuse one and refuse to accept another.

A party lead by a hypocrite who can fool followers is a sorry lot - at least we can all agree on that.

I totally agree with you. I'm just curious about Rebeccas age when they met initially. We already know Justin was considerably older.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I'm not privy to that information but there is an article online that says he separated from the first wife around 2008.
    However, would prefer not to link here as it identifies his older children and don't think that's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How many terrorist attacks or racially/religious motivated incidents in those countries?... If anything they're p!ssing themselves laughing at the idiocy of the rest of the EU... Of course they have to demonised for it...

how many in this country?

I'm not privy to that information but there is an article online that says he separated from the first wife around 2008.
    However, would prefer not to link here as it identifies his older children and don't think that's fair.

According to that he was 37 in at the time of the separation so. Anyone know what age Rebecca is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

And fair play to them. I was replying to a post that was referring specifically to the National Party. The National Party are a political party correct and I was making the point that I don't see very many political parties doing anything to help the homeless on the streets.

Were you in Borrisokane the night the locals threw the national party's leader Barrett out of the local hall and into the street. Apparently he ( even though he's tiny) was trying to talk down to them and telling them to refuse help to immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Were you in Borrisokane the night the locals threw the national party's leader Barrett out of the local hall and into the street. Apparently he ( even though he's tiny) was trying to talk down to them and telling them to refuse help to immigrants.

That never happened. Theres video online of that meeting and the people in the hall are clapping and agreeing with what hes saying. It was nothing to do with immigrants either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

DerekC16 wrote: »
    That never happened. Theres video online of that meeting and the people in the hall are clapping and agreeing with what hes saying.

Link please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭newhouse87

That never happened. Theres video online of that meeting and the people in the hall are clapping and agreeing with what hes saying. It was nothing to do with immigrants either.

Local councilor Joe hannigan was fuming with Barrett, and told him in no uncertain terms his agenda wasnt wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Local councilor Joe hannigan was fuming with Barrett, and told him in no uncertain terms his agenda wasnt wanted.

A councillor disagreeing with him is a little different than him being thrown out of the hall which is what Dan Breen claimed. It never happened. The people of Borrisokane dont need Joe Hannigan to speak for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I was there son it did happen. The only clapping came from the goons that Barrett brought to the meeting thinking he could stir it up. He was almost crying with temper out on the street.

Advertisement