Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Aontu weren't formally formed until 7 months after the vote to repeal the 8th.

Toibin left prior to the referendum but the stall of the party was already set

yeah, anti abortion sentiment is a-political, regardless of the many that try and make it a 'far right' view, its a very moderate view on either side of the aisle really.

My mother always voted FF until MM took over , she is strongly pro life but very left economically

Classic Catholic values

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

DerekC16 wrote: »
    True, but the only reason the party even exist is due to a split from Sinn Fein over the abortion issue.

Aontu = Sinn Fein minus abortion

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    My mother always voted FF until MM took over , she is strongly pro life but very left economically

Classic Catholic values

Yeah it's way way more likely that pro life people vote left than pro choice people voting right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Up to 100k viewers expected. Don't miss out.

• Advertisement

coinop wrote: »

Justin Barrett generally has some excellent opinions on these matters. I will look forward to it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah it's way way more likely that pro life people vote left than pro choice people voting right.

I think you'd be surprised, libertarians are usually pro choice , the economic right / personal freedoms people are mostly pro choice.

its why I never got renua being called far right, they're an economic right of centre party with a big sticking point on one social issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Has that hitler look down to a tee tbf. Minus the moustache obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

newhouse87 wrote: »

He ruined “the Chaplin” for everyone.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Biting political analysis from an intellectual heavyweight.

sEgpknv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Biting political analysis from an intellectual heavyweight.

sEgpknv.jpg

He does bear a resemblance, btw im right wing if you read most of my posts on certain matters, but that midget is far right, fcuk that ****, nobody needs his type around.

He does bear a resemblance, btw im right wing if you read most of my posts on certain matters, but that midget is far right, fcuk that ****, nobody needs his type around.

Let's have a discussion. What makes him far-right? Or does holding the opinion that Ireland should be Irish automatically make one far-right? In that case, we may have to have words about Pearse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

agreed. Nobody would ever accuse me of being a lefty, that guy is a nutjob and espouses a brand of politics the world doesn't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I heard Roy Keane is a National Party supporter. Makes sense in my eyes. Keane was always a no nonsense type of guy. A celebrity endorsement would do the NP a whole lot of good.

This is the best thing I’ve read on Boards recently.

Toibin left prior to the referendum but the stall of the party was already set

Toibin resigned from SF in November 2018, the vote to repeal the 8th was held in May 2018.
    He may have laid out his stall, but he is about the only one getting a vote due to being a known face in his area.

He certainly appeals to the mentally challenged, scrotes, and it's eveyone else's fault my life is sh1t brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

100k? I am sure...
    do Roy Keane and his dog count as two viewers I wonder....lol

What age was Rebecca when they met? Is it true he was double her age at the time in his late 30s?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Toibin resigned from SF in November 2018, the vote to repeal the 8th was held in May 2018.
    He may have laid out his stall, but he is about the only one getting a vote due to being a known face in his area.

let me know when you are finished being pedantic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Enough of the sniping at each other here, please discuss the subject of the thread

• Advertisement

let me know when you are finished being pedantic

By pedantic, I take it you mean correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

OMG look at that Nazi flag in the background. Disgusting.

Total number of viewers....187.....lol

Youtube have rigged it there are really 100 thousand watching it I am sure....

agreed. Nobody would ever accuse me of being a lefty, that guy is a nutjob and espouses a brand of politics the world doesn't need.

I think a lot of what he says makes sense but I think the way he comes across makes him seem like an extremist.

gmisk wrote: »

Youtube have rigged it there are really 100 thousand watching it I am sure....

Not great when even the bots can't increase your figures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That soul crushing moment when expectation meets with reality. :rolleyes:

NP aren't making any sort of connection with the ordinary joe soap. Just attracting the conspiracy theorists and social outcasts.

GT89 wrote: »
    I think a lot of what he says makes sense but I think the way he comes across makes him seem like an extremist.
    What do you think he says that makes sense?

I think he might just seem like an extremist....because he is one....

When it comes to the thread title.....did any of the national party candidates get over 1 percent in the last election? Can that be considered entering the mainstream?

When it comes to the thread title.....did any of the national party candidates get over 1 percent in the last election? Can that be considered entering the mainstream?

This thread is just an attempt by the NP to promote themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,361 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Looks like a Savage Eye sketch

• Advertisement

To answer my own question
    https://www.thejournal.ie/far-right-parties-ireland-election-2020-5001966-Feb2020/
    They did useless as did all the other far right parties.

"The Irish Freedom Party and the National Party stood candidates in 21 separate locations, receiving 2% or less of first-preference votes in every instance."

The interesting thing might be around where is their funding coming from.....

Advertisement