Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

In Spain, Vox got similar criticism as what the National Party is getting here now. Same with AFD in Germany. A lot can change in a few years.

gmisk wrote: »
    To answer my own question
    https://www.thejournal.ie/far-right-parties-ireland-election-2020-5001966-Feb2020/
    They did useless as did all the other far right parties.

"The Irish Freedom Party and the National Party stood candidates in 21 separate locations, receiving 2% or less of first-preference votes in every instance."

The interesting thing might be around where is their funding coming from.....

Funding for what? It doesn't cost much to get a few thousand leaflets done up or posters made. It costs nothing to nothing to go and speak to people on doorsteps. Theres a dedicated membership there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

coinop wrote: »
    Up to 100k viewers expected. Don't miss out.

How odd, there seems to be a perfectly square piece of dirt on my screen.

546206.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,361 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

DerekC16 wrote: »
    In Spain, Vox got similar criticism as what the National Party is getting here now. Same with AFD in Germany. A lot can change in a few years.

Especially shocking seeing as neither Spain or Germany would historically have strong far right leanings

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They have been around for what, almost 5 years?
    How many elected officials have they had?
    Their vote share in last election?
    0.2%

I don't think it is happening tbh, thankfully.

• Advertisement

Funding for what? It doesn't cost much to get a few thousand leaflets done up or posters made. It costs nothing to nothing to go and speak to people on doorsteps. Theres a dedicated membership there.
    It still isn't likely cheap.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/counting-the-cost-of-running-for-office-1.75802
    If you want to guess at lowest end of scale you are still talking 100k if you are running 20 candidates.

They also failed to provide a statement of their accounts, not a good look.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/five-parties-failed-to-supply-2019-accounts-says-sipo-1042321.html

gmisk wrote: »
    They have been around for what, almost 5 years?
    How many elected officials have they had?
    Their vote share in last election?
    0.2%

I don't think it is happening tbh, thankfully.

They've contested one election its hardly a surprise they didn't get anyone elected first time out. If they are such a non entity and irrelevant why is their so many people so worried about their emergence?

The media and the gardai have been having a shìt fit the last few weeks about right wing nationalists being a threat to the state.

They've contested one election its hardly a surprise they didn't get anyone elected first time out. If they are such a non entity and irrelevant why is their so many people so worried about their emergence?

The media and the gardai have been having a shìt fit the last few weeks about right wing nationalists being a threat to the state.
    Because people don't want to see a far right party gaining any kind of a foothold here even if it is a small one, would be my guess.

Whatever about not winning, they failed to garner any substantial vote count... I don't think they're electable to be honest but they do fan hatred. You don't have to be elected to be a problematic part of society. Which they are. Like their repeated targeted attacks of people and politicians cause they don't match their definition of Irish.

Because of the non political behaviour they engage in and encourage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Is anyone actually listening to what Justin Barrett is saying? He is saying that the state should control the creation of money and not private banks. Surely this is sensible?

Because of the non political behaviour they engage in and encourage

The national party have never encouraged violence of any sort

• Registered Users Posts: 26,361 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

GT89 wrote: »

Whatever you say Justin

Horse sh1t

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Whatever you say Justin

When did they encourage violence?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Horse sh1t

Can you provide evidence of where the national party have encouraged violence?

This thread is just an attempt by the NP to promote themselves.

Well if that's the case they might want to try and get better shills.

I can't speak for others but I ain't a shill. I am just an ordinary Irish person who agrees with SOME of what the National Party believe in.

I think boards.ie would be the last place anyone would come to shill for the NP. Though I cant speak for the OP of course and dont know his motives but it just seems to me like a general discussion of the National Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I think boards.ie would be the last place anyone would come to shill for the NP.

Because you'd be pushing an open door? It's like a reunion round here some days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Aontu didn't support repeal, Aontu are left wing on everything bar abortion

Abortion is not the only gauge
    I said major party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Can you provide evidence of where the national party have encouraged violence?

What's that? Is that a dog whistle I hear?

Is anyone actually listening to what Justin Barrett is saying? He is saying that the state should control the creation of money and not private banks. Surely this is sensible?

The 1930's called and asked for their Gold standard back. If you don't understand how the economy has worked since the late thirties and certainly since Bretton Woods you'd grasp that you and Barrett are not even wrong in your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Assume these halfwits will all be out tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The Nal wrote: »

Dunno. Head in. You might fit in and make friends

Shh. Hopefully they will cull some of themselves at the superspreader event. And give us an excuse to intern them to keep the rest of us safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Looking to “woo” the disenfranchised, the ignorant and the confused.

https://www.thejournal.ie/eyes-right-pt2-5379406-Mar2021/?utm_source=shortlink

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Because you'd be pushing an open door? It's like a reunion round here some days.

Expand on that Andrew.

Do you really feel that because you aren't in a safe space and see some opinions that don't align with yours, that the "alt-right" have taken over?

Perhaps you should put on big boy pants and realise that the real world has endless different opinions and views.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Expand on that Andrew.

Do you really feel that because you aren't in a safe space and see some opinions that don't align with yours, that the "alt-right" have taken over?

Perhaps you should put on big boy pants and realise that the real world has endless different opinions and views.

Seems like you've done the expansion yourself and missed the target by several kilometres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Has Justin ever had a job or has he always been a full time 'activist'? I must say whatever else about his blood and soil brand of nationalism the Hitleresque hairstyle is ripe for parody.

Advertisement