Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Going by some people's posts on a good few threads on here, they have a lot more in common with him and his party than they would like to admit. They just know that the economic policies that they want to employ would mean the end of their jobs etc.

A few people on boards have a few things in common with him?

He's never held office or come close to it, the man and by extension his party are a joke.

The pearl clutching about the "rise of the far right" that goes on here paints a picture so far detached from reality that it's almost as wacky as the National Party themselves.

The facts don't tally with your feelings on this I'm afraid.

I could understand them running in a by election where they stood to make some sort of an inroads into the public consciousness but to choose to run in a constituency that is known to be the most liberal in the country under the banner of far right extremism makes a mockery of the idea that the National Party are in anyway organized or even sane enough to be have a candidate elected. It's a kamikaze move, maybe it's just so he can have a go at Hazel Chu in person?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    A few people on boards have a few things in common with him?

He's never held office or come close to it, the man and by extension his party are a joke.

The pearl clutching about the "rise of the far right" that goes on here paints a picture so far detached from reality that it's almost as wacky as the National Party themselves.

The facts don't tally with your feelings on this I'm afraid.

I could understand them running in a by election where they stood to make some sort of an inroads into the public consciousness but to choose to run in a constituency that is known to be the most liberal in the country under the banner of far right extremism makes a mockery of the idea that the National Party are in anyway organized or even sane enough to be have a candidate elected. It's a kamikaze move, maybe it's just so he can have a go at Hazel Chu in person?

Well you have a few people who seem quite intent on downplaying that they have a lot in common with him and his party, in terms of how they view people of different countries, religions, sexuality and medical treatments like abortion etc that would stand under scrutiny if they were being honest.

As for running in the constituency in question, it could be as you said, as he's a pretty vain character.

°°°°°

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Well you have a few people who seem quite intent on downplaying that they have a lot in common with him and his party, in terms of how they view people of different countries, religions, sexuality and medical treatments like abortion etc that would stand under scrutiny if they were being honest.

As for running in the constituency in question, it could be as you said, as he's a pretty vain character.

To be honest you seem to have more of an issue with a small Cadre of posters on this site than any real expectation that the National Party will rise to political power.

I'm not sure whether that is based in fact or your perception of other users of this site just because you disagree with each other. Either way it doesn't translate to popular support for far right beliefs in Ireland as evidenced by the continuing failure of the likes of Barrett to garner any real support.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gearoid88 wrote: »
    Posts about bashing the fash on social media, shows up to fash protest and gets bashed. Life catches up quick.

Are you condoning the attack on the 60-something woman, or are you suggesting that she was "asking for it"?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are you condoning the attack on the 60-something woman, or are you suggesting that she was "asking for it"?

"If you turn up to confront these people, they will hurt you and it will be your fault" seems to be the prevailing "wisdom" among some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If you confront Nazis, and they assault you, it's your fault. You shouldn't have got in their way, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

dan1895 wrote: »
    I wonder if those who were claiming this attack was faked will have any comment to make on this development. I somehow doubt it.

doubt no more

i did question the veracity of the assault somewhere on this forum/thread based on the pictures.

I was mistaken and so what of it?

The piousness of this post and the likes associated with it , somehow I'd imagine would be lacking if it was somebody you didn't like being assaulted.
    funny that

Peregrinus wrote: »
    If you confront Nazis, and they assault you, it's your fault. You shouldn't have got in their way, obviously.

if I confront anti fascists would the same rules apply?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    4ta7iy.jpg

So you're suggestion that the 60 something woman was asking to get hit over the head with a plank by the 30 something thug?

Don't be coy now, put your actual views on the record.

So you're suggestion that the 60 something woman was asking to get hit over the head with a plank by the 30 something thug?

they already have. they think the attack was faked.

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »
    if I confront anti fascists would the same rules apply?

If a physical assault occurs I think those responsible should be prosecuted. So yes. The post from wren seems to be downplaying it. And actually I do think it's a legit issue that people such as yourself were so desperate to claim the story as a false flag or something. It was a silly attempt to downplay an assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I think a woman was assaulted yes, I don't think this equates to the "Rise of The Far Right" seizing power in Ireland and ruling the streets.

But theres been plenty of hysterics from users alluding that there is going to be a march on the Dáil any day now. Thats my view.

I think a woman was assaulted yes,

Do you reckon she deserved it?

they already have. they think the attack was faked.

Link to me saying that so please, are you just talking out your arse ?

Do you reckon she deserved it?

No, do you reckon a woman assaulted in Dublin means that the Far Right are seizing power in Ireland, yes or no ?

Link to me saying that so please, are you just talking out your arse ?

i inferred it.

i inferred it.

from ??

No, do you reckon a woman assaulted in Dublin means that the Far Right are seizing power in Ireland, yes or no ?

a woman who was counter-protesting a far right demo. a far right demo where the participants came armed. nothing to worry about i'm sure.

I think a woman was assaulted yes, I don't think this equates to the "Rise of The Far Right" seizing power in Ireland and ruling the streets.

But theres been plenty of hysterics from users alluding that there is going to be a march on the Dáil any day now. Thats my view.

Perpetrated by a far right wing party member that have been highly active in terms of anti lockdown protests lately...

No,

The cartoon you posted suggests that she created the problem herself.

• Advertisement

from ??

from your posts.

The cartoon lampoons people who are hysterical about this non-existant threat of the Far Right Taking power in Ireland, it'll never happen. They have no support except from a few fringe weirdos and conspiracy nuts.

from your posts.

When I asked if you were talking out your arse you could have just said yes. Would have saved us both some time.

The cartoon lampoons people who are hysterical about this non-existant threat of the Far Right Taking power in Ireland, it'll never happen. They have no support except from a few fringe weirdos and conspiracy nuts.

that's a strange way to describe yourself.

°°°°°

The cartoon they posted suggests that you and your ilk are making the National Party out to be a much bigger threat than they actually are.

The National Party are a joke, their supporters are idiots and they will carry out acts of violence and or stupidity and they deserve to be punished when that happens, they aren't receiving any sympathy here.

The notion that the National Party are poised to take control of Ireland and have storm troopers Goose stepping their way down O'Connell street whilst the rights of minorities are thrown into the wind and concentration camps being established in the Curragh are nothing more than the masochistic wet dreams of you and your ilk who seem determined to see all the above happen just so you can say "I told you so".

Glazers Out!

that's a strange way to describe yourself.

The wit of a 10 year old "no, thats you !"
    Im far from far right but I have no need to defend myself to the likes of you.

Have fun with your straw-man building. Its incredibly transparent.

Perhaps there is some confusion here, I was asking about this cartoon that you posted into the discussion about the outcome of the Court case for the thug who assaulted the 60 something woman.

https://i.imgflip.com/4ta7iy.jpg

Are you saying now that this cartoon doesn't refer to that woman?

Perhaps there is some confusion here, I was asking about this cartoon that you posted into the discussion about the outcome of the Court case for the thug who assaulted the 60 something woman.

https://i.imgflip.com/4ta7iy.jpg

Are you saying now that this cartoon doesn't refer to that woman?

No it doesn't refer to her or her court case I hope the scrote who did it gets locked up. If I made you think that sorry it wasn't my intention.
    I'm commenting on the thread title and this over arching notion that the Far Right is making headway in Ireland, if anything I imagine their support is only getting smaller after these and similar events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭randd1

They comprise of barstool and online racists (none of which would get up off their *rse to do anything), the odd lad who's disaffected by the mainstream parties, a handful of activists, a few people with a fetish for fascism, and your average work-shy skanger, all who pretend their patriots while hating everything about the society we as a country have built for ourselves.

The ICA have more political clout than the National Party, and my kids small countryside primary school would sooner fill out a hall for one of their plays than the National Party would for one of their events.

They're an utter joke.

• Advertisement

If a physical assault occurs I think those responsible should be prosecuted. So yes. The post from wren seems to be downplaying it. And actually I do think it's a legit issue that people such as yourself were so desperate to claim the story as a false flag or something. It was a silly attempt to downplay an assault.

You may tbf as do I.
    I'm not Wren - we may agree on somethings - but I did like the meme he posted.

I wasn't desperate - I liked a comment showing two photos of the head wound that said (not exact words) - those two cuts aren't even in the same post code .

I thought comment was accurate and amusing and I added a comment in support of the theory the wound was faked. I don't believe much that comes from the antifa mob (yes, yes....I know it's a concept not a group...spare me)
    and yes i was wrong here but I'm not the pope and I don't sit on St Peters chair.

so we are where we are.

Advertisement