Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

paw patrol wrote: »
    You may tbf as do I.
    I'm not Wren - we may agree on somethings - but I did like the meme he posted.

I wasn't desperate - I liked a comment showing two photos of the head wound that said (not exact words) - those two cuts aren't even in the same post code .

I thought comment was accurate and amusing and I added a comment in support of the theory the wound was faked. I don't believe much that comes from the antifa mob (yes, yes....I know it's a concept not a group...spare me)
    and yes i was wrong here but I'm not the pope and I don't sit on St Peters chair.

so we are where we are.

You had no basis to claim it was falsified.... So ya, I do think you were attempting to engage in a level of propaganda by claiming it never happened etc. You never had a basis for doing so and it was more because it didn't look great for the right that it was happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

You had no basis to claim it was falsified.... So ya, I do think you were attempting to engage in a level of propaganda by claiming it never happened etc. You never had a basis for doing so

the photos were published here and I commented on my sincere belief.
    But your raving at me is a projection of your imagination.
    nd it was more because it didn't look great for the right that it was happening...

the right? As if all people who think a certain way on some topics are a hive mind. :rolleyes:
    I don't support the NP - they have some aspects I agree with but the general hark back to catholic ireland isn't for me.

I dont even know if the right would accept me given some views i have but hey don't let that stop you.

If it was the left/right fight that you imagine , plenty weird sh1t on the left to choose like the peados among the left like indie media fella corcoran and other fruity degeneracy.
    that's if i was concerned with all that but I amn't interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gearoid88

"If you turn up to confront these people, they will hurt you and it will be your fault" seems to be the prevailing "wisdom" among some.

More like if you threaten violence on people and then turn up and confront the same people you threatened violence on, yes, its likely you will get hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gearoid88 wrote: »
    More like if you threaten violence on people and then turn up and confront the same people you threatened violence on, yes, its likely you will get hurt.

did this lady threaten them with violence? you seem to be very supportive of these far right thugs.

Izzy isn't exactly known for her violence... She's not the one who's been convicted.

• Advertisement

did this lady threaten them with violence? you seem to be very supportive of these far right thugs.

Yes she had some tweets calling for the "fash to be bashed" of course she came out later and said she was speaking metaphorically.

This individual is obviously not capable of violence but these shes a twitter mouthpiece that likes to rile up others to do their dirty work for them.

Another example would be the incident at customs house last year, after numerous threats and calls for the fash to be bashed a young ogra sinn Fein member was hospitalized and required plastic surgery.

Lesson is if you threaten violence on your opponents dont be surprised if they meet you with violence in return.

Yes she had some tweets calling for the "fash to be bashed" of course she came out later and said she was speaking metaphorically.

This individual is obviously not capable of violence but these shes a twitter mouthpiece that likes to rile up others to do their dirty work for them.

Another example would be the incident at customs house last year, after numerous threats and calls for the fash to be bashed a young ogra sinn Fein member was hospitalized and required plastic surgery.

Lesson is if you threaten violence on your opponents dont be surprised if they meet you with violence in return.

so you are saying that the attack was justified?

so you are saying that the attack was justified?

No I'm saying if you threaten people with violence theres a very good chance you will end up on the receiving end of violence.

This is basic stuff in life that everyone should know.

No I'm saying if you threaten people with violence theres a very good chance you will end up on the receiving end of violence.

This is basic stuff in life that everyone should know.

she didn't threaten them with violence. She attended a counter-protest and was attacked by thugs armed with 2x4s.

she didn't threaten them with violence. She attended a counter-protest and was attacked by thugs armed with 2x4s.

The counter protest was on O Connell street. This incident was at the Dail. There was no counter protest at the Dail. Bash the Fash is a threat of violence to people attending a protest she seems to be fascist.

• Advertisement

The counter protest was on O Connell street. This incident was at the Dail. There was no counter protest at the Dail. Bash the Fash is a threat of violence to people attending a protest she seems to be fascist.

yeah, she is the fascist. not the actual Neanderthal fascist thugs who come to their protests armed. what threats did she make to them outside the Dail?

yeah, she is the fascist. not the actual Neanderthal fascist thugs who come to their protests armed. what threats did she make to them outside the Dail?

How were protestors at the Dail fascists? What views of theirs would match up with Mussolinis doctrine of fascism.

There was a typo in the post you replied to. Should have been deems to be fascist

How were protestors at the Dail fascists? What views of theirs would match up with Mussolinis doctrine of fascism.

Yeah the national party that is headed by Justin barrett, friend of the far right across europe? yeah why would anybody consider them fascist. Your sort of gaslighting might work in the US but irish people are a little bit smarter than that.

There was a typo in the post you replied to. Should have been deems to be fascist

yeah i figured that out myself.

Yeah the national party that is headed by Justin barrett, friend of the far right across europe? yeah why would anybody consider them fascist. Your sort of gaslighting might work in the US but irish people are a little bit smarter than that.

That's great but you didn't answer the question. You just throw about the word fascist without having a clue what it even means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

I'm sure the 88 in his nick is purely accidental

francois wrote: »

Oh no doubt about that at all though i'm sure they will pretend that it stands for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

That's great but you didn't answer the question. You just throw about the word fascist without having a clue what it even means.

Actually it seems you’re the one who doesn’t have a clue what fascism means.

Pretty accurate description of it up on Wikipedia, not that you would give a ****e as you’re more interested in having a go at whoever you’re arguing with:

“Fascism is a set of ideologies and practices that seeks to place the nation, defined in exclusive biological, cultural, and/or historical terms, above all other sources of loyalty, and to create a mobilized national community.”

The problem with doing the above, is that it will always lead to conflict with other nations in the long term, there will always be “them” and “us”.

yoke wrote: »
    Actually it seems you’re the one who doesn’t have a clue what fascism means.

Pretty accurate description of it up on Wikipedia, not that you would give a ****e as you’re more interested in having a go at whoever you’re arguing with:

“Fascism is a set of ideologies and practices that seeks to place the nation, defined in exclusive biological, cultural, and/or historical terms, above all other sources of loyalty, and to create a mobilized national community.”

The problem with doing the above, is that it will always lead to conflict with other nations in the long term, there will always be “them” and “us”.

It's not really all that accurate to be honest. It's rather vague.

Anyway, the National Party aren't fascist which was the original point. Calling them ethno nationalists would be fair though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

Anyway, the National Party aren't fascist which was the original point. Calling them ethno nationalists would be fair though.

I think it’s pretty accurate as to the current meaning of the term. It’s vague because it’s a vague term, describing authoritarianism in general.

Saying “the national party isn’t fascist” is kind of like arguing that “white supremacists shouldn’t be called nazis, because they’re not members of the nazi party”.
    It’s ignoring the broader meaning of the word nazi in today’s terms, similarly to how you are ignoring the broader meaning of the word fascist in today’s terms, if you say that the national party isn’t fascist.

It’s really just deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Please produce evidence of these tweets or withdraw your scurrilous victim blaming claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

if I confront anti fascists would the same rules apply?

Isnt everyone anti facist?... Well..all sane thinking people would be against fascism

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Well you have a few people who seem quite intent on downplaying that they have a lot in common with him and his party, in terms of how they view people of different countries, religions, sexuality and medical treatments like abortion etc that would stand under scrutiny if they were being honest.

As for running in the constituency in question, it could be as you said, as he's a pretty vain character.

So vain he wont even show up in the constituency

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The National Party are fascists.

Their leader Justin Barrett is an ex convict
    He has spoken at numerous fascist rallies
    He has links to Youth Defence who also have many far right and fascist links
    He and his wife have made numerous racist comments
    He wants Doctors who carry out abortions executed
    He wants the Irish born children of immigrants deported
    His wife is a regular contributor to far right extremist videos which discuss executing and torturing children.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Annasopra wrote: »
    The National Party are fascists.

Their leader Justin Barrett is an ex convict
    He has spoken at numerous fascist rallies
    He has links to Youth Defence who also have many far right and fascist links
    He and his wife have made numerous racist comments
    He wants Doctors who carry out abortions executed
    He wants the Irish born children of immigrants deported
    His wife is a regular contributor to far right extremist videos which discuss executing and torturing children.

And like someone else we've heard of, loves dogs. Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Tomatoe, Tomato

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The National Party is a joke.

Whether it's a knock knock joke or a racist joke is just secondary as nobody is laughing because nobody is there to listen to it anyway.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

francois wrote: »

it must be a terrible affliction seeing hitler everywhere.

Isnt everyone anti facist?... Well..all sane thinking people would be against fascism

you would think this.
    But when the definition of Fascist is warped on purpose as a method to silence anybody who is anti what the far left want...then no.
    Far Right or Fascist now can mean anybody? esp when dealing with antifa or so callled anti-facists.

Sure the journal (and the bishop oddly ) called me far right cos i objected to covid19 restrictions and went to a protest.
    might as well order my hugo boss special rigout so.....:pac:

• Advertisement

it must be a terrible affliction seeing hitler everywhere.

you would think this.
    But when the definition of Fascist is warped on purpose as a method to silence anybody who is anti what the far left want...then no.
    Far Right or Fascist now can mean anybody? esp when dealing with antifa or so callled anti-facists.

Sure the journal (and the bishop oddly ) called me far right cos i objected to covid19 restrictions and went to a protest.
    might as well order my hugo boss special rigout so.....:pac:

we have posters arguing that the national party are not fascist. some people wont accept that fascists at all.

Advertisement