Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

That's what I've been saying.

By way of comparison, it would be the equivalent of a forum in the UK starting a thread with the headline, "The British National Party enter the mainstream", when clearly nothing of the sort is happening. And similarly, we could point to some criminal nutjobs in the BNP, but that wouldn't validate the conclusion that the BNP have "entered the mainstream"; that they are somehow an imminent threat to the UK.

What's worse is that the National Party in this country have had even less success than the BNP; they're even bigger electoral failures. Justin Barrett is a clown.

To call the party an irrelevance is the mildest compliment we could pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hey everyone don't look at these racists over here because we are too busy trying to tell you there are no racists here.

Indeed

How come I never see you post this when posters say they are going to vote for the NP?

I saw one post to that effect and I don't believe the sincerity of the post.

And even if it were sincere, I really don't think a handful of people on the Internet constitutes a legitimate national threat from the NP.

Oh so we should only talk about racists organising when they are a legitimate threat to national security.

Until that point just let them get on with doing their racist stuff and promoting racism.

Eh....

• Advertisement

Do you honestly believe the National Party has "entered the mainstream"?

Just for some perspective, Justin Barrett recieved a grand total of 187 votes in the 2021 by-election.

187 votes. For the leader of the party.

Yet we are expected to swallow wholesale the abject nonsense that the National Party are an insurgent threat in this country.

Yes, there are racists among those 187 voters who opted for Barrett. But there were always racists in the country long before the National Party and they'll exist after the National Party have withered on the political vine.

You are inflating the relevance of this party in the same way that actual members of the National Party would. Both of you are wrong though, and for the same reasons I have outlined above.

The National Party are nothing more than the limescale of society. Yes, I really do think we should quite simply ignore them as much as reasonably possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You're right. It's really mostly just this website they have supporters.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Gas how you pretend they only have 1 supporter here

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Fine, what is it -- 6 supporters, a Baker's dozen, fourteen!?

Whatever the exact number, I know one thing for certain -- the National Party are a gargantuan electoral and political failure.

Glean the clear and obvious conclusion from that.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is he trying to squash discussion of the gold bar story? IMO that would certainly be worth talking about, if only for the LOLs, regardless of how marginal the party it happened to...

Yeah. You would wonder why else a good few posters suddenly jump in to downplay it all.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have not read this thread, but I can tell you here and now, the National Party have not "entered the mainstream"

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Bit weird that someone who regularly echoes the policies/principles as Barrett etc on here are saying that they have no support alright.

Terry Pratchet

Possible but most peoples parents weren't that closely related or dropped on their head enough to support the likes of the NP here, or think that we should follow the UK out of the E.U.

Shock and horror everywhere as boards thread title revealed to be hyperbole.

No i dont believe the thread title but if sticking to the thread title was the bar we applied to every thread there would be no discussion on boards.

Is not disscusing something if it is not a national threat the bar we should apply to discussion moving forward or is it only if they are openly racist right wing plotical groups?

This is an outright falsehood.

To take a few examples, the National Party believe in:

• the restoration of the death penalty
    • a ban on Muslims entering the country
    • that immigration should be restricted on racial, white supremacist grounds / immigration should almost completely stop
    • the irredentist belief of an Ireland that assumes control of the north of Ireland (i.e. contradicts Good Friday Agreement)
    • opposition to same-sex marriage
    • opposition to abortion
    • pro-Christianity
    • economic nationalism

I don't believe in any of these positions, not a single one.

And that's without even touching the dodgy associations the NP have with European far-right groups.

So I reject your attempt to impugn my character by falsely associating my views with that of the National Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Doubt a NP candidate will be elected but I could see a right leaning Independant person getting past the post.

People are getting sick and tired of a constant stream of unvetted men with no documents arriving here and claiming to be asylum seekers when in reality they are economic migrants and I believe they would vote for someone who would give them a voice in the Dail.

In your past accounts, just based on Google searches, you have spoken against marriage equality, immigration and refugees (human cargo) including Muslims and that they should be left to drown at sea, among other points in your list. I'm hardly attempting to impung your character by finding your post history.

• Advertisement

No, you are taking large individual subjects and drawing very narrow conclusions based on statements I made. Each of those subjects is a thread in itself.

I will never renege on anything I have previously said, but I don't want my views misrepresented either (as you have already done in that inaccurate and often downright false 'summary'; how dare you accuse me of supporting migrants drowning at sea).

I said I do not support the NP. I have listed the policy differences between them and I, yet you seem to be calling me a liar.

Oh it could happen alright but if such a character was elected id have to wonder for what little morsel from Fianna Fáil and Fianna Gael would they vote to keep the civil war parties in power over SF and abandon their hardcore beliefs for the status quo and the same policies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So even in the aftermath of a story that displayed the complete ineptitude and disorganisation of the National Party we still have the usual suspects trying to convince us that the National Party are some sort of of a threat?

The National Party are racists and cretins and they're helpfully displaying these traits to anyone and everyone but we need the leftie mob on boards to point these things out to us?

The absolute hubris of some people around these parts is astonishing.

All this thread represents is an opportunity for catharsis for anyone who thinks the National Party are a joke (myself included) but somehow some users can't understand that the fact that they are a joke and the idea that they are a serious problem are mutually exclusive.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Sorry I don't understand the relevance, I never said my country I said "our country".

Everyone's getting wound up that people might vote for a right wing party, unfortunately all current main parties are the same woke idiots, if there's no alternative people will vote right.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are multiple right wing Independents elected already. Only one could be considered far right (Mattie McGrath) and that's more of a case of letting stuff become visible over time - he wasn't as openly far right when last re-elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm pretty let them drown at sea is a direct quote from one of your Eskimohunter posts. Next you will be trying to tell us you didn't compare Marcus rashford to jimmy Savile.

These are not the racists you are looking for.......

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Yes they are. There is no element of deception at play here at all.

The racists are not hidden in plain sight they are standing in the town square telling us all that they are racists.

Your powers of deduction are not required here.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Glad you got the joke.

Not sure what you think I deduced with my joke post.

If you don't want to discuss the national party you can of course give this thread a miss though.

Unless you're trying to cancel the thread.

😂

Advertisement