Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb smart meter

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

I've just been contacted by EI saying that "the communication level of your meter has dropped to 1 and we are no longer able to offer you the Home Electric + SST tariff with the smart insights" - they offered to move me to another plan but, only when I asked, they confirmed that this would tie me into a contract for another year....my contract is up next month. Seem like pretty sharp practice to tie customers into a full year contract for this kind of change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Dodgy alright and ask why it wants to move you.Do they want to retire 2G communication with the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Why are there isolation switches put in after the smart meter tails in some houses and not in others?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Quite newbie question about the smart meters. The property I am moving in has a new smart meter (installed in January 2024). It says M23 on top left but I don't know how can I find the model of the meter.

Is it possible to get smart day and night tariffs with smart meters or does it have to be day / night / peak tariff only? Currently it shows only 1 electric reading value so I would say it's on non-smart plan but can I just keep non-smart plan on it? Or will I be forced to choose a smart tariff?

Right now I got the final reading from the construction company so I have to choose a provider myself.

Edit: Turns out this is the exact smart meter that I got installed: https://www.sagemcom.com/sites/default/files/2022-11/Datasheet_Sagemcom_XS211_EN.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Please explain how electric Ireland claim on there TV adds that you can monitor power usage by appliance. That's impossible. You would need a smart meter on every appliance separately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

The biggest supplier and their claims are free of charge.ASAI probably not interested or competent to challenge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They blamed a malfunctioning smart meter for this very strange usage graph while I was enduring a power cut before Christmas. The ESB Networks graph is from their own graph when I log in on their website. The smart meter data is taken from the HDF download. I'm particularly bemused as to how EI came up with their usage data. Smart meter seems to be working fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pete6296

Hi

I have installed solar. Installer sent in nc6 form weeks ago and still waiting for smart meter. Asked esb when smart meter would be installed but they will not give a timeline. Is there anything I can do to push this on as solar generated is going to grid and I was told no payback till I get a smart meter?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

I chose Flogas's affinity 24h deal as I don't want to activate my smart meter. I can see energy usage graph (HDF format) on Esb network's website right now. Does it mean my smart meter is activated? Or is this usage graph shown even if I am on 24hour non smart plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Check the MCC code on your bill if you have one. If it’s MCC01 then you’re still on non-smart tariffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

I have been looking at my usage data per ESB. For most items (lighting, fridge, etc) I am close to the average for homes of my type. However, I have very high usage for the Always On category and I cannot understand this. There is almost nothing left on at night other than a clock radio and WiFi. What could be contributing?

Advertisement