Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32+ Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Icaras wrote: »
    I think your right, for me it's a safe bet. Have Kane and rashford too. Kane, from what I have seen, looks like the saddest man in England. Rashford could get 3 or could do nothing.

Between Jiménez, Kane and Rashford I would captain Kane personally. This Sheff United decline is sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Think I might go for Doherty here too.

I’m wavering on Doherty now.

Even one poxy Villa goal would be a killer.

Aubameyang is surely the safest bet. Wow. Turnaround.

I’m wavering on Doherty now.

Even one poxy Villa goal would be a killer.

Aubameyang is surely the safest bet. Wow. Turnaround.

I would feel the same as you if I had Doherty. Smith has come in for a lot of criticism for the more passive performance since the restart and had vocally addressed it accordingly.

My experience of him is that we’ll see a more attacking Villa side. Not only that, but as the games come along Villa will grow more desperate to start getting 3 points.

I still think it’s going to be a low scoring game, Bournemouth had a 0.06 xG during the week I believe, but I don’t think I’d be using the armband on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    I would feel the same as you if I had Doherty. Smith has come in for a lot of criticism for the more passive performance since the restart and had vocally addressed it accordingly.

My experience of him is that we’ll see a more attacking Villa side. Not only that, but as the games come along Villa will grow more desperate to start getting 3 points.

I still think it’s going to be a low scoring game, Bournemouth had a 0.06 xG during the week I believe, but I don’t think I’d be using the armband on it either.

I think I’m going to make the sensible decision on this one and captain Jiminez
    Nice old reliable 9 point Jiminez
    Going to start Grealish as well
    Just have a feeling .....

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I think I’m going to make the sensible decision on this one and captain Jiminez
    Nice old reliable 9 point Jiminez
    Going to start Grealish as well
    Just have a feeling .....

I’d be reluctant towards Jiménez also, if only because Wolves have been outperforming their xG by a full 1.22 combined goals over the last 2 games (in a spell when they scored only 3 goals anyway).

Granted, Jimenez does not need huge percentage chance shots to score, but I think I’d be gravitating towards the players where their team is expected to score a couple with ease.

Sheff United and Norwich fit this bill at the mo IMO. Not sure Villa and Brighton do, and it sounds crazy to me to be saying that about Villa but for a team to go from 2 goals conceded xG on average to about 0.67 since the restart, that would be enough to make me worry for my Wolves attacker that those 3 game’s stats are not a mere outlier.

CSF wrote: »
    I’d be reluctant towards Jiménez also, if only because Wolves have been outperforming their xG by a full 1.22 combined goals over the last 2 games (in a spell when they scored only 3 goals anyway).

Granted, Jimenez does not need huge percentage chance shots to score, but I think I’d be gravitating towards the players where their team is expected to score a couple with ease.

Sheff United and Norwich fit this bill at the mo IMO. Not sure Villa and Brighton do, and it sounds crazy to me to be saying that about Villa but for a team to go from 2 goals conceded xG on average to about 0.67 since the restart, that would be enough to make me worry for my Wolves attacker that those 3 game’s stats are not a mere outlier.

I agree
    But
    I don’t have any players form spurs or arsenal !
    So it’s basically salah or Jiminez

km79 wrote: »
    I agree
    But
    I don’t have any players form spurs or arsenal !
    So it’s basically salah or Jiminez

Yeah, Jimenez is in that situation for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Thoughts on Rashford? With Ighalo around and Lingaard etc could get rested today and up against Brighton.

Or Jiminez?

Thoughts on Rashford? With Ighalo around and Lingaard etc could get rested today and up against Brighton.

Or Jiminez?

Apparently Brighton didn’t concede any big chances in the Arsenal and Leicester games, the only goal conceded came from a Pepe worldie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Have it on Jiminez but really hate having my captain playing in the early Saturday game!

Usually sets the gameweek up for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Salah, he has a decent break and **** knows what team Pep roulette will end up on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »
    Salah, he has a decent break and **** knows what team Pep roulette will end up on
    I'd say Pool and City will both be full strength. Neither manager will want to come out on bottom.

siblers wrote: »

What i am thinking too... Rashford or Salah??

Went with Salah. Takes penalties, Milner wont play, he ll be up against Mendy or Zinchenko both are very poor.

No Fernandinho either. And yeah, Pool have some rest + will go out all guns blazing, no champions league or FA cup to save themselves for

Jiminez after being on salah since their game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shanee. wrote: »
    Going with PEA. Unlucky to hit the bar against Soton. Can see a big return against a very poor Norwich defence

32 points as captain :D

Advertisement